Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 07:51 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times

Advertisements

Why do they stand with the Trump voters? And if it's the dem's creation, fine, they take that L. But they seemed to latch on to the republican side. Why's that?

Also, I should say, dems can have their idiotic groups like antifa which need to be addressed.

But I always find it funny that right leaning folks here like to refer to the past as if there aren't neo nazis or KKK members sporting the red hats?

Old 10-13-2018, 07:53 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
In each case, who supported who?

Old 10-13-2018, 07:53 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Who latches on to the Republican side? The Dems?

I know you aren't talking about the KKK. Senator Byrd was not a Republican.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:02 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Default The Southern Strategy

GOP can ignore the Southern Strategy to their heart's content - but the GOP has always been bigoted. Before the Southern Strategy, the GOP of today were the Democrats of yesterday.

The 'Democrats' of the 60's - opposed to the Civil Rights Act - ARE today's Republican party.
Quote:
In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans.[1][2][3] As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party.[4] It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Old 10-13-2018, 08:08 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
GOP can ignore the Southern Strategy to their heart's content - but the GOP has always been bigoted. Before the Southern Strategy, the GOP of today were the Democrats of yesterday.

The 'Democrats' of the 60's - opposed to the Civil Rights Act - ARE today's Republican party.

When you get your "facts" from Wikipedia, you're more than likely to be wrong than right.

The "Southern Strategy" has been debunked numerous times. Your big ol' switch contained ONE person.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/02...3JTJZD2XIVM7MR

They really need to start teaching history in school again.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:09 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Who latches on to the Republican side? The Dems?

I know you aren't talking about the KKK. Senator Byrd was not a Republican.
Even if Senator Byrd, wasn't a Republican, the KKK clearly align with the Republican party. You can use Mr.Byrd all you want but the KKK, aren't from the New York's, San Fran's and Austin's almost every place the KKK is located is dominated or predominantly a Republican area. Tell me what about the democratic platform appeals to the KKK and Neo-Nazis? I'm sure they loved Obama,as he represent their values perfectly .

If the KKK are Republicans then BLM and Anti-fa members must be registered Republicans. We can pretend, that Charlottesville Neo-Nazis and KKK members at the "Unite the Right" rally were al secretly Hillary voters, and I'll pretend that Anti-fa's candidate for president was Donald Trump.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:11 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times

Trump has a Jewish son in law, put a catholic on the supreme court, had Kanye West and Jim Brown at the white house, and was in my town last night campaigning for a catholic house and senate candidate.

If Trump is a klansman then he is not very good at it.

LBJ said 200 years.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:14 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post

Trump has a Jewish son in law, put a catholic on the supreme court, had Kanye West and Jim Brown at the white house, and was in my town last night campaigning for a catholic house and senate candidate.

If Trump is a klansman then he is not very good at it.

LBJ said 200 years.
Ah yes, because no one in history has ever surrounded themselves with token minorities to make themselves look accepting.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:15 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Senator Byrd was not a Republican.
A lot of people have racist pasts that they turned away from. I was no big fan of the Senator, but he renounced his racist ways.

Also, he's dead now and no longer matters.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:17 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,000,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Ah yes, because no one in history has ever surrounded themselves with token minorities to make themselves look accepting.

Really? You want to post THOSE words in C-D? Well, I guess it was said on CNN, so it's OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies