Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 12:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,582,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I sit on the board of a foundation that funds pediatric cancer research. Most of my charitable donations go to that foundation.

In my case the “less fortunate” are children with cancer. If it is morally reprehensible to help fund this, then I guess I am morally reprehensible.

Jeez, what is up with you people today. Is it a full moon or something?
Go back and find your moral compass, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I could say the same for nuclear warfare . But alas while some prefer to rid the world...others of no political allegiance understand that humanity takes an effort to keep going.

May I inquire though what draws you to conclude it be voluntary?
Nuclear warfare? War affects us as a whole. How does welfare aka slavery affect us as whole? Does nuclear warfare involve some people being forced to work to feed others?

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 10-14-2018 at 12:38 PM..

Old 10-14-2018, 12:29 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,571,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Go back and find your moral compass, please.
Clearly you didn't read or comprehend that post. That poster has a moral compass. Cons? Not so much.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
My understanding of slavery, is that the slave can't just quit being a slave, and become a slave owner whenever they want -that's why I think it's different.

I think welfare is the cheap option, and good for the economy.
Can you quit paying taxes that fund the welfare?

Old 10-14-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I know what you are saying. I used to work with a certain segment of the population when I was in WV. Poor, few skills, low IQ, and quite a few drug addicts. I don't know what jobs some of them would qualify for - fast food . . . . maybe?

I remember looking at their children and wondering what chance a kid born into this family would have to be a productive member of society.

It was incredibly depressing and I counted my blessings every single time I left their homes and went to my own.
Why don’t you discuss with their patents?

Better yet, why don’t you feed them yourself?

Old 10-14-2018, 12:42 PM

15,644 posts, read 10,402,982 times
Increasing the number of persons on welfare increases the power and scope of the Government, which of course expands the power of the democrats who want big government, by adding democrat voters.

but, even worse, unmarried women with children are the greatest beneficiaries of welfare and the number of children born to unmarried mothers has grown rapidly as a percentage of all births. the democrats have lauded and normalized single mothers, the poorest demographic in our country. Democrats have used welfare to break down the nuclear family, the backbone of our western civilization. expanding welfare will obliterate western culture, eventually, as the family and especially fathers will be obliterated as the government takes over more and more financial responsibility for unmarried women and children.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-14-2018 at 01:31 PM..

Old 10-14-2018, 12:44 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,701,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Can you quit paying taxes that fund the welfare?
You can certainly quit paying income tax.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:46 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,580,461 times
The work ethic often gets lost in the way our welfare system is set up. We need to see a stronger work connection to welfare for those able bodied.

I would like to see an investment in more trade schools. Allow we need high schools and prisons to offer more trade schooling also.
Instead of so much foreign aid to countries that hate us, invest in trade schools and scholarships for training electricians, plumbers, auto mechanics, masons, carpenters. Then force companies to hire Americans instead of illegals for those trades.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
You can certainly quit paying income tax.
Please explain how you can do that.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:55 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,124,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Rest assured most conservatives/Republicans believe in a safety net (which includes welfare) for those citizens who are not able-bodied, and genuinely need our societies assistance to survive.`
THIS is what I mean when I say that so-called “conservatives” are gutless cowards.

Instead of correctly understanding that ALL taxation is theft, they want to maintain the status quo of the State confiscating our income and giving it to others without our consent.

ALL welfare needs to be abolished immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies