Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 03:03 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Still doesn't make her NA. African Americans and the vast majority of slave descendants in the Americas have European ancestry. Can we call ourselves white? That would be a monumental stretch.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elizab...a-test-results
She has a 13.4cM segment on Chromosome number 10 that is Amerindian and some smaller segments. The Native American ancestor is estimated to have lived about 8 generations ago. The point is she claimed to have NA ancestry and this corroborates that.

So many people posting on here that are clueless about how to interpret the data or the process on how this was carried out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 03:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I understand that, but it just makes her seem really, really desperate, and also brings up, and extends the entire false ancestry topic. She either must be getting bad political advice, or just a moron. She should let the whole issue die, and move on. Hey, I'm not complaining as she is just making herself look bad, but c'mon. How stupid can she be?
She made Trump look like a liar that he is! That is the best part. Now he owes money.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:08 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,288,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Left: "She never said she used it to gain!"

No, but she sure as hell heavily implied it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX6Scdyu7S8

Also,

https://www.politico.com/blogs/burns...f-color-123526

Which is what the left is going with. But they fail to mention:

Which is the point. She claimed herself to be a "minority" for years. The only claim to any type of minority status was that she was Cherokee because her great grandparent had high cheekbones, and her father's family didn't want him to marry her mother because they said she was part Cherokee.

She said this, no one else made that up, she said it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rau0A5w3OVI

The left will cling to the claim that she never used it to get ahead, (and thus far has not provided any type of proof for that), but they will completely and totally ignore that she pushed the Cherokee heritage, and she labeled herself as a minority for years!

That is why she's being attacked - because she lied! She is not a minority, and has never been a minority.
These videos are cringeworthy. I think once you dig a hole. You have three choices. Leave the hole as is, cover the hole, or dig deeper. She did not walk away. She did not apology for overstepping or make amends. She has instead, sought to extend her claims/rights. Yikes.

I have 250-300x times the Native blood as she does, yet, as history as thrown by roots to the wind, I am only now getting to know myself. But I cannot make claims, though I fully support those who have truly suffered and whose lives today reflect that suffering.

Sigh...

Old 10-15-2018, 03:17 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
It aint Trump telling blatant and outrageous lies. in this case its everyone covering for a democrat who had no issue with cultural appropriation when it helped her out.

the fact is she is a blond haired blue eyed white woman who never once suffered the indignity of facing discrimination related to being Native American. She did however put herself forward as having been so put upon.

THAT is what is disgusting. TheDonald is 100% right to call this jerk out.
Indeed, and I have wondered where all the cultural appropriation kooks are when it comes to Warren?

I also wonder why those leftist who support affirmative action do not object to a white person claiming a spot designed as a set-aside for a minority.

I guess their indignation and rage is only when conservatives/moderates do certain things, not those on their own team.

Instead they want to deflect about Trump just because he calls her Pocahontas, but she has received criticism for this well before Trump ever became president.

`

Old 10-15-2018, 03:19 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
She has a 13.4cM segment on Chromosome number 10 that is Amerindian and some smaller segments. The Native American ancestor is estimated to have lived about 8 generations ago. The point is she claimed to have NA ancestry and this corroborates that.

So many people posting on here that are clueless about how to interpret the data or the process on how this was carried out.
That doesn't mean it is exclusively American Indian ancestry. It just means it could be from some distant and unspecified Amerindian ancestry but not necessarily is.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:23 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That doesn't mean it is exclusively American Indian ancestry. It just means it could be from some distant and unspecified Amerindian ancestry but not necessarily is.
What are you talking about? Where did you pull that one out of LOL!

If I were her I would hire an expert and triangulate that 13.4CM segment to find matches there is a high probability she will be about to identify what group of people or tribe she links to and possibly pin point the identity of that Native American ancestor. Shared overlapping segments sharing a same position on a chromosome that are 13cM in size are reliable and can identify the exact shared Native American ancestor depending on the documentation of her matches.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:34 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
What are you talking about? Where did you pull that one out of LOL!

If I were her I would hire an expert and triangulate that 13.4CM segment to find matches there is a high probability she will be about to identify what group of people or tribe she links to and possibly pin point the identity of that Native American ancestor. Shared overlapping segments sharing a same position on a chromosome that are 13cM in size are reliable and can identify the exact shared Native American ancestor depending on the documentation of her matches.
She links to Europeans. Europeans will match to some small percentages to other population groups, but that doesn't mean they share an ancestor. She can't match to any US tribes as her original claim since there is not enough DNA sample from US tribes available and she has such small matching DNA anyway.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:47 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Yeah, something like 0 to 1 percent........LOL!

Old 10-15-2018, 03:48 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
She links to Europeans. Europeans will match to some small percentages to other population groups, but that doesn't mean they share an ancestor. She can't match to any US tribes as her original claim since there is not enough DNA sample from US tribes available and she has such small matching DNA anyway.
They're looking at centimorgans not percentages and a 13.4CM segment is reasonably large segments 11cM or larger are extremely reliable. It isn't picking up the common ancestry between Amerindians and Europeans that existed in Central Asia about 40,000 years ago Nope not possible.

You don't have a grasp of how it works a 13.4CM segment can be triangulated and a specific shared ancestor can be pin pointed if she has matches that share the same positions on chromosome 10. This is certainly doable I've seen it done with smaller segments.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:49 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
What a joke and so predicable.
She has a DNA test done and still you dont believe the results.

We believe the results......at least as much as we can with a grain of salt due to the source......

But what we don't believe is that the results vindicate her .
One ancestor 6-10 generations back is nothing.

Probably half the people in America who's ancestors date back that far can claim equal or more parts NA in their DNA.

Doesn't make them NA....the one drop rule is garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies