Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 02:49 PM

62,980 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
America is the biggest loser because of Trump.
The reason trumps asinine ideas got shot down by the judge is because Trump doesnt know what hes doing. The judge knew it was an election stunt. Thats what we have checks and balances for.
The troops were initially sent to stop migrants, but then the GOP found out the hard way that the troops couldnt perform LE duties. So that wasnt well thought out.

The whole thing was a bull***t stunt, If Trump would do the right thing he wouldnt make such tough spots for himself. And since hes not talking about it at all, its obviously not a tough spot as much as it was hot air.

Can I borrow your crystal ball or your physic powers I need the winning lottery numbers for Sat. night.
Everything you have said is merely your opinion based on absolutely nothing! For one thing as I have asked over and over why would Trump need to gin up his own base to vote with some so-called political stunt? That makes no sense whatsoever!!!!!! Republicans wouldn't have gone to the polls without this caravan incident? Are you and yours completely nuts???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That claim is absolutely ridiculous.

Fox 'News' made it into a faux issue, Newt Gingrich suggested the Republicans run on it. D J Trump jumped on the bandwagon and made a big theatrical deal out of sending professional troops to the border (only to shovel chit out of the border patrol's stables).

That issue is entirely on the Republicans, who were seeking to gin up the Trumplodyte base. That's it. You can't put lipstick on that pig and expect it to look or smell better.

There are 6,200 migrants at our border right now in Tijuana with 3 to 4 thousand more still on their way up here yet sending troops to the border was just a political stunt?

No, some of those troops were sent there on a temporary basis to install wire among other security measures. They will go home as soon as their job is done. The rest are still there and will continue to assist the Border Patrol. Why do you and yours have your panties all in a twist over this? You've been weeping and crying about this every day repeating yourselves over and over especially yapping over and over about this being a political stunt to secure votes. Read my prior post. Are you and yours completely nuts???? Move on, for God's sake!!!

Old 11-21-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
3. In the case of Guatemala indeed it`s the fault of the U.S. govt. We deposed their democratically elected president in 1954 who wanted to bring the people a guaranteed minimum wage and universal suffrage. We decided that he was a commie and had to go.

I see, so it's supposedly the U.S.'s fault the state that Guatemala is from clear back in 1954 and yet their citizens didn't decide to flee until 2018?

Old 11-21-2018, 04:46 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
If you need more evidence that Trump made fools of his supporters, Mattis now says the troops on the border will be unarmed. You read that right UNARMED.

The caravan is such a thread to the nation, we had to send unarmed troops to the border. What a joke. Trumpers when will you admit you have been used and abused by Trump?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/am...cid=spartanntp

Last edited by TreeBeard; 11-21-2018 at 05:05 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 05:22 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If you need more evidence that Trump made fools of his supporters, Mattis now says the troops on the border will be unarmed. You read that right UNARMED.

The caravan is such a thread to the nation, we had to send unarmed troops to the border. What a joke. Trumpers when will you admit you have been used and abused by Trump?

Apparently they're going to help erect tents and serve refreshments to the refugees as well.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post

That's because they were sent there to support the Border Patrol, duh. Trump never said they'd be armed in the first place so you can stop with the "gotchas" right now.

Thousands of foreigners marching towards our border all at once expecting to be let in is a threat to our nation, duh. You and yours are the joke with your panties all in a twist all day in here over this caravan. I don't feel the least bit abused or lied to by Trump. He has done no such thing only in you lefty's demented minds by twisting and spinning the truth in here all day long.

Last edited by Oldglory; 11-21-2018 at 08:19 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 08:30 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's because they were sent there to support the Border Patrol, duh.
How, by bringing them snacks and giving them foot rubs?

Old 11-21-2018, 10:42 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,886 times
Every day this caravan continues, I can't help but think it's all a political stunt... the quote from this BBC article really makes you wonder

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46298669

Quote:
What do the migrants want?
The migrants say they are leaving their respective countries in the hope of building a better future for themselves and their families.
How can anyone in their right mind buy that?

Why an entire caravan of people? Why migrate here now under Trump's government? Why not under Obama's? How do tens of thousands of people organize something like this, and more importantly, who exactly is doing the organizing? What exactly changed that made all of these people come to the realization that they needed to come up to the US at a time when they knew perfectly well border laws would be tightened?

It's all such BS. If there is anything that needs to be investigated right now it's this caravan... Who is behind all of it... I'd really like to know.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:15 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Every day this caravan continues, I can't help but think it's all a political stunt... the quote from this BBC article really makes you wonder

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46298669

How can anyone in their right mind buy that?

Why an entire caravan of people? Why migrate here now under Trump's government? Why not under Obama's? How do tens of thousands of people organize something like this, and more importantly, who exactly is doing the organizing? What exactly changed that made all of these people come to the realization that they needed to come up to the US at a time when they knew perfectly well border laws would be tightened?

It's all such BS. If there is anything that needs to be investigated right now it's this caravan... Who is behind all of it... I'd really like to know.
Trump.
Is behind it.
Jobs for cheap labor so American farmers can turn a profit. Duh.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:31 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,603 times
Default Sharing with the migrants.

Wanting to do my part to give comfort to the poor, invading herd at the border, I just donated all the Romaine lettuce I took out of the Shopright trash container to the caravan horde.

BON APPETIT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies