Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 12:20 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I can't say whose behind this, but, there is def, someone behind it. 7,000 people just don't up and start walking like this? Who would have ever had the audacity to encourage them to even try something like this...they are laying in waiting to see what Trump is going to do....they want him to do something wrong and if he doesn't they will make it seem like he did...whatever he decides to do....and people are going to get hurt...and whoever is behind this, doesn't care....they want to, no they need to prove in the worst way that Trump is a bad person...
If anything, Trump is behind this. It's perfect. Cause an international crisis, then the Caped Orange Crusader comes to the rescue and saves the country from these "dangerous invading marauders", and right during the midterms.

Meanwhile you have the Whitehouse making up stories about ISIS infiltrating the caravans, without any proof whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 12:21 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKay44 View Post
I no more believe the Honduran nationals organized this than I believe the rag heads in Saudi Arabia organized 9-11.

As a Trump voter, I see it as an issue of national security. Race isn't a factor from any sensible perspective.
no it shouldn't be a factor but unfortunately it always is....throughout the beginning of time, race/religions...always a factor. whoever started this is sitting back and watching, waiting to see what Trump will do....he will have to do something, if he doesn't he won't get the votes...he is sending the military there....but if someone starts shooting, these people bought their children along, how dare they do this...and when they do, they will all blame Trump....

Whoever started this cares nothing about people, nothing....it's insane, savage, ruthless and the outcome will be awful.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:21 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
the US is NOT responsible for the majority of issues in the world.

However we are not blameless and pretending we are is lying to ourselves.

WE as a NATION did nothing to stop our leaders when they decided to invade Iraq.
The people do what the media tell them to do, and the government does what it wants anyway irrespective of whom the voters elect (as the Trump Presidency proves).

The American people are not complicit in the Iraq atrocity. I know -- you want to brag about being one of the few who knew the rationale for the Iraq invasion was bogus, and so do I -- but most people simply aren't capable of cutting that umbilical cord that tethers their brain to the TV.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:25 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The people do what the media tell them to do, and the government does what it wants anyway irrespective of whom the voters elect (as the Trump Presidency proves).

The American people are not complicit in the Iraq atrocity. I know -- you want to brag about being one of the few who knew the rationale for the Iraq invasion was bogus, and so do I -- but most people simply aren't capable of cutting that umbilical cord that tethers their brain to the TV.
Just as in Vietnam, the Troops got spit on when they came home, when it was LBJ who sent them there and was responsible for 90% of the deaths and atrocities that occurred in Vietnam. It should have been LBJ that got spit on

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Even Fox News claims Trump is full of it when he claims that middle-easterners are in the caravans.

Shep Smith:

“An important note: Fox News knows of no evidence to suggest the president is accurate on that matter, and the president has offered no evidence to support what he has said.â€"

2,090 posts, read 3,577,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
What "must be done" is to warn them to turn back away from our border and go home. If they don't, and if they chose to just sit there, then we let them. They're in Mexican territory and so it's Mexico's problem to feed them and care for them. But if they attempt to force their way through our border, we respond with force. First, we fire over their heads. Then we fire tear gas at them. Then we fire rubber bullets at them.

And if that doesn't work? Then we use live bullets. We shoot to kill. And we keep shooting until the threat is neutralized.

That is how you repel an invasion.
Should they also shoot to kill babies in the crowd?

Old 10-23-2018, 12:28 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
If anything, Trump is behind this. It's perfect. Cause an international crisis, then the Caped Orange Crusader comes to the rescue and saves the country from these "dangerous invading marauders", and right during the midterms.

Meanwhile you have the Whitehouse making up stories about ISIS infiltrating the caravans, without any proof whatsoever.
And the media is making the same claims about this whole situation....they are fueling the fire....what Trump said, and I heard him say it, is, there are bad people who mean us harm in there, and it's true....

We've got so many different nationalities in this country already that are ruthless drug and human trafficing criminals.....

Making up stories, if you believe that, you live in a bubble...get out there and see what kind of people are here, watch the news....read...

Old 10-23-2018, 12:29 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofnature View Post
Should they also shoot to kill babies in the crowd?
Of course not.

We put them in cages.

You perfectly illustrate the trap some on the left are thinking Trump is going to get stuck in though.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:30 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
who are you even responding to?

Because nobody here has suggested open borders. Well other than Trumpers and republicans pretending to each other that liberals want this.

And as i have said many times.

IF liberals want open borders why have they never opened them when they have had more than enough opportunities in the last 10, 20 and 50 years?

seriously you guys have never able to answer that. If we really wanted all the guns and open borders why have we never ever done it when we had the means????

Seems to me the right wing pretense of liberals and open borders is thread bare at best.
I'm a liberal. I voted for Sanders in primaries.

There is definitely a wing of leftists who believe the US is responsible for many ills, and therefore we should allow every person from the 3rd world who wants to come here unfettered access as punishment or pennance. I know people personally who believe this, they tend to be the Chomskyite types. Even the rhetoric from supposedly moderate Democratic politicians is incredibly presumptuous about why people want illegal immigration stopped. Racism/Xenophobia/Bigotry are the first words out of everyone's mouths. You can't seriously deny this? It's ramped up as people want to prove how much more anti-Trump they are then the next person. I think Trump is an abomination and an embarrassment, but the Democrats have handed him this issue by refusing to defer from the course of total acceptance of illegal immigration. It's about courting Latino votes. The GOP before Trump never did anything to stop it either because big money wants cheap labor.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Fox News goes to cover the caravan and can only find families with kids to film but 'reminds' us -- there aren't just families.....
Oye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies