Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 02:54 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
1. That’s not what he said.

2. If I go throw rocks at the authorities I expect to be shot. As an American citizen. Why should illegal non citizens not expect the same?
We don’t shoot citizens or noncitizens for throwing rocks, stop attempting to rationalize insane statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 02:56 PM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I have a feeling the dopey idiots at CNN will somehow claim ignorance on the order not to shoot and will go on a 3 day tyraide about how Trump like to gleefully murder unarmed children..wait for it...
Really? And why would they do that? Of course, just yesterday Trump was ready to shoot 'em all. What an idiot he is. I guess somebody told him he can't do that. Gawd. It's amazing to me that his supporters will still support him after he makes idiotic comments and then has to retract them.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:57 PM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Well the way I see it is, it will only look bad on the illegals for trying to force their way illegally into our country and using violence to do it. Nobody is rooting for our military to engage in weapons being fired unless, the illegals start throwing rocks or becoming violent , then they have every right to defend themselves and this country.
Unfortunately, there were a few on this forum who were absolutely rooting for some bloodshed.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Democrats and the Party Platform and the Voter Base, DOES NOT have a mentality of "savagery" !!!! They support Civility and its respect of Humanity, and Equality Among the people!!! as domestic human beings, and foreign human beings.

Republican's and Trump can't make the claim they support the same.

It is quite typical that Right Winger would have issue with that, as they continue to demonstrate their mentality by their adherence to the vile and madness that Trump promotes, as well as they salivate at the thought of Immigrants being shot at, because the nature of Savagery is and does cater to belligerence, arrogance, and malice by any means, to serve their selfishness and self consumption.

No one is advocating for mass immigration, but we do have an Asylum Program and have had it for many many decades, and we have processes for immigration. To take a posture of full circle denial.. is not the answer... each person is an independent case, and should be handled just as such.

But any thought of standing on the Border Shooting at people, is about of the level of Savagery that was enacted upon and against the America Indians, and that was done upon land that belonged to the American Indians...

If any of the people are killed, the U.N. and the world will denote it as America the villain, because they already know what we did in the Middle East. The diplomacy has already been damaged by Trump.... and fact is known globally, that America can't win any wars, and any use of WMD's is futile and damages everything and everybody... the sad part is when people are driven by "savagery" they don't think beyond being driven by Savagery.... and thus they become even more dangerous because they are of motivations and mindset of savagery.

If he wanted to do anything, Trump had two years to set up means to improve screening and processing Asylum Seekers, as well as those who seek to immigrate. He has not tried to do anything to create a fair system, all he has promoted is a concept of bias and prejudices... in his concept about and of Foreign Nations and their people, who are not of white skin, and he is with no regard or thought of people as "individuals"...

These are the ways of Savagery.... that who support such madness also support the premise and acts of savagery.
So Trump had two years to create a fair system and didn't? I guess that means he inherited an unfair system from Obama. What did he do to "create a fair system"?

Old 11-02-2018, 03:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
1. That’s not what he said.

2. If I go throw rocks at the authorities I expect to be shot. As an American citizen. Why should illegal non citizens not expect the same?
Seriously?

I am trying to picture a cop in court, explaining that someone was throwing rocks at him and he feared for his life.

Geez--he could have picked up the top of a garbage can and use it to fend off the rocks--if a 6 year-old had been around, they would have shown him how.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:25 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Mexico has offered temporary identification papers and jobs to migrants who register for asylum in the country, stepping up efforts to halt the advance of a US-bound caravan that has angered Washington.

The Mexican president, Enrique Peña Nieto, said that migrants wishing to obtain temporary identification documents, jobs or education for their children could do so by registering for asylum in southern Mexico.

“This plan is only for those who comply with Mexican laws, and it’s a first step towards a permanent solution for those who are granted refugee status in Mexico,” Peña Nieto said in a pre-recorded address broadcast on Friday.

To qualify for the scheme he called “Estas en Tu Casa” (“Make Yourself at Home”) migrants had to be in the southern states of Chiapas and Oaxaca, the president said.
Mexico offers temporary permits to caravan migrants seeking asylum |UK Guardian

Point is ....... they could have stayed in Mexico, they were promised Jobs and they could register for asylum and they didn't want that. The deal for those supposedly demanding asylum is NOT that they can travel from Nation to Nation as an invading mob looking for the "best deal".

Once they leave Mexico and turn down the offers in Mexico (keep in mind that Mexico called in the Red Cross and UN to aid in the offers) ...... then the situation becomes very different.
They don't want "asylum", they don't even know what that word means -- they want the USA and the Organization that gathered them up (now 4 groups) has no interest in the People - the interest is in getting them to the USA.

If true they are offering asylum in Oaxaca and Chiapas, two of the most violent states in Mexico. Last year in Chiapas armed men burned homes and crops of residents and they had to hide in the mountains, both states are controlled by drug gangs. I don't see this as much of an improvement and could end up worse.
There are about 1,800 that have registered for asylum, the rest are just along for the ride.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:27 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Seriously?

I am trying to picture a cop in court, explaining that someone was throwing rocks at him and he feared for his life.

Geez--he could have picked up the top of a garbage can and use it to fend off the rocks--if a 6 year-old had been around, they would have shown him how.
Cop maybe but military personnel were told it was OK to shoot the invaders if they throw rocks.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Cop maybe but military personnel were told it was OK to shoot the invaders if they throw rocks.
He rescinded that. Mikala even posted a link to it and I quoted her saying it seemed a lot of posters had missed it.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:34 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And as usual he's an idiot. Today he says he didn't say it. You could get whiplash from his rhetoric. Such a gaslighter.

You're twisting his words. Anyone with half a brain would know that he meant that rocks can be just as lethal as guns as they can also kill you. God, liberal lefties disgust me the way that they do that.
It's just like your side tried to twist his words that he meant that all Mexicans legal or illegal are all rapists and murderers. Did you all grow up in households where your parents taught you to lie and didn't set a good example for you? I pity you!

Old 11-02-2018, 03:39 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If the "migrants" resort to throwing rocks and or grow impatient and decide to tear down the gates and force their way into America then what can really be done? I suspect the Dems would expect the authorities to step back and to give the horde room to destroy as we saw in Berkley and other Liberal hot spots where peaceful protests turned violent.

The Dems and the Lefty media will criticize anything short of letting these people pass through into America.

We need a wall and we all need to remember come election day who is encouraging these poor people to make the dangerous trek on a chance they will be granted the keys to America.
yeah well, the scary thing is, one of our military men is bound to start shooting and when one shoots they all shoot and I fear that the most.....should they break thru, no, should they be shot? If they're forcing their way in of course, any other country and military would do the same....The dems has made are laws way too soft....they and believe me not all dems are alike, I've got family who are dems and they are not like the modern day dems, they are not vocal, they don't say bad things about Trump, they are respectable people, but they were bought up differently.

Today parents laugh at their kids when they cry b/c they've told their kids they ate all their Halloween Candy. They think that is a harmless joke, and it's not, it's telling kids they are allowed to hurt other kids and laugh....

our country is a mess...all because of liberal thinking...PC crap, and fluffs who are unable to take a joke...
Then there are some who are extremely violent, the other day a man and his autistic nephew were attacked and beaten brutally by teenagers, all over candy? Can you believe it.

Kids walk up to old people on the street and punch them out cold, and think it's a funny game...????

And believe me if not already these kids are already breeding and will raise their kids to be just like them?

A lot of them are illegals...and will do anything they can to survive, including rape.....

Oh and btw, we will also pay to vaccinate these people.....there was a measles outbreak in NJ, all b/c illegals sneak in here.

They are coming from 3rd world countries, and they are not vetted, they don't even know when they were born.

Believe me, this isn't fear and isn't racism, its the truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies