Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 01:54 PM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
The media will find some way to spin it to make Trump look bad.They'll find some crying mother with a ragged looking child and you'll see it on the 6 o'clock news.
These people have all been coached.They know how to act and what to do.Numerous Spanish radio stations along the boarder tell them how to apply for temporary assistance....before the real bennies come in.
When they arrive at the border they'll send women and children up front knowing they wont be tear gassed.

Of course they will, it is a lose lose situation for Trump and the GOP.

Women and children up front wouldn't stop me from sending the tear gas.... I remember when my parents and I found ourselves in the wrong spot and the wrong time and we all got tear gassed (I was about 6 at the time) , we lived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 01:57 PM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep, not to mention all the food that is needed...where is all the gas coming from? But people don't think like that as often as they should....

I know... people are so damn naïve about this stuff. I take MRE's, water, blankets, ammo, clothes, several pairs of boots, rain gear, etc when I drive 4 hour to our rural cabin. Walking a distance like that you would need at minimum a cart to wheel along with supplies. These people are getting help, pure and simple. How, whom, and why is the question.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:01 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
1) The borders were open for all intents and purposes open for Central Americans who could walk across it.

2) Agree with you there it's just right wing paranoia and hyperbole.

3) So should the big bad westerners be PUNISHED for their misdeeds? Is part of that repentance/punishment allowing free flow of people across our fake borders that keep rightful inhabitants off stolen land? Because, again, many of my far left friends seem to think this. That rhetoric I just spewed is basically verbatim from a facebook post of one of my hipster friends, not a figment of my center-left imagination.
The US is supposed to be country under the rule of law. Our immigration rules (liberal by any global standard) mean nothing when they are roundly ignored by 100s of thousands of would-be immigrants or for that matter if a convoy of thousands can just walk right in. Regardless of how you feel about how we got here, we are here. Most in the country would probably agree we need to change how we manage immigration and pass laws that work and can be enforced.

Congress as our legislative body should understand and deal with this - that is their job representing all 50 states. President Trump is just an opportunist who is sensing frustration with something that has been poorly managed and trying to exploit it for his own gain.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:03 PM

2,180 posts, read 641,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
cool side story.

but back on point.

1 Liberals had the votes to open up borders many times and yet they did nothing of the sort. thus you are proven wrong.

2 liberals had the votes on guns and yet they never came for guns thus you are proven wrong.

3 the US and Europe drew borders across the globe divided up south and central America , Asia and Africa too. They did it over the course of a few hundred years.

in central America and South America we divided regionally sometimes with soft borders and sometimes with borders shifting as the power of the controlling European nation grew or fell.

The idea that Europeans and Americans did not create countries that divided nations and cultures is patently false. we have documents, treaties etc going back hundreds of years to prove it.

One treaty after another as Europeans and yes Americans divided the spoils of a world conquered . Of course the US was a very minor colonial power as we only became strong near the tail end of open colonialism.

How many "liberal" politicians... Democrats.... are now calling for the abolishment of ICE? How many are for liberalizing immigration laws? For providing wave after wave after wave of amnesty and "resettlement" every decade or so, to effectively make immigration enforcement and laws a farce?

How many liberal areas of the country are eroding citizenship requirements or even the necessity to prove legal status in order to get IDs, driver's licenses, voter registrations, etc.? There's already a trend to let non-citizens vote in local elections.

It's the globalist trend and zeitgeist. This idea that everyone is a "citizen of the world"... which would be absolutely find if the same globalist types weren't usually the ones for increasing the welfare state. It would also be fine if all cultures were western liberal cultures that shared values. But they're not.

Libertarians right now are basically the only ones with a consistent position on immigration and borders. It's the wrong position (open borders, zero welfare state), but it's certainly more consistent than the liberal Democrat one (more welfare, more open borders). And forget about the Republicans who sell the country out and its citizens to the third world for cheap labor.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:21 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep, not to mention all the food that is needed...where is all the gas coming from? But people don't think like that as often as they should....
There are videos and pictures of large trucks delivering water and food to them — some say it’s from the Mexican churches. Hmmmm....I hope some journalist will do an in-depth expose on all this.

I am wondering where are 7,000 people sleeping every night?
And worse, where and what are they using for bathrooms???!

Old 10-23-2018, 02:25 PM

628 posts, read 663,822 times
No. the violence they are fleeing is a result of this:
https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php

Notice any patterns?...

Old 10-23-2018, 02:25 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
And worse, where and what are they using for bathrooms???!
Open defecation. It's common in third world countries.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:33 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
The US is supposed to be country under the rule of law. Our immigration rules (liberal by any global standard) mean nothing when they are roundly ignored by 100s of thousands of would-be immigrants or for that matter if a convoy of thousands can just walk right in. Regardless of how you feel about how we got here, we are here. Most in the country would probably agree we need to change how we manage immigration and pass laws that work and can be enforced.

Congress as our legislative body should understand and deal with this - that is their job representing all 50 states. President Trump is just an opportunist who is sensing frustration with something that has been poorly managed and trying to exploit it for his own gain.
I think the current laws can be enforced, it is just being used as a political means to disparage Trump.

I think Trump is a despicable human being, but I also think that something should be done about illegal immigration. Not because I'm a racist or because I fear Hispanics, but because it's simply bad for the country and it's current inhabitants and it has been looked the other way at too long...for reasons other than what is good for the country and it's people.

I was hoping some sensible populist would come along and push a compassionate reasonable approach to this issue. Instead we get a bovine narcissistic compulsive liar and jerk.

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Open defecation. It's common in third world countries.
And San Francisco.

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
What "must be done" is to warn them to turn back away from our border and go home. If they don't, and if they chose to just sit there, then we let them. They're in Mexican territory and so it's Mexico's problem to feed them and care for them. But if they attempt to force their way through our border, we respond with force. First, we fire over their heads. Then we fire tear gas at them. Then we fire rubber bullets at them.

And if that doesn't work? Then we use live bullets. We shoot to kill. And we keep shooting until the threat is neutralized.

That is how you repel an invasion.
That's absurd. We don't engage in extrajudicial killing which is what you are suggesting. What if the border crosser was a citizen who lost their passport, or someone just hiking along the border? You just want to shoot them and then what, apologize if you shoot people who were innocent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies