Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 10:16 PM

8,597 posts, read 11,031,071 times

Advertisements

I think it high time for some facts here.
To those who say the President can't do this or that about immigration, I suggest you read the following, then google the immigration act of 1952 to see the truth for yourselves.

This is the law:

Quote:
“Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”
8 U.S.C. §1182(f) of United States Code

The Act was vetoed by Truman.

Truman's veto was overturned by more than a two thirds vote in the House and Senate.

The INA Act is still the law of the land.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 07:13 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,527,950 times
Ignoring the static of people still insistent that there is a) no migrant problem, or b) that it was all just an election stunt, because it’s nothing but partisan posturing, and doesn’t at all address the reality of the situation.

Things are getting bad on the other side of the fence. Real bad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azc...amp/2089905002

Old 11-23-2018, 07:55 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,282,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Your post shows more BS and your basic dishonesty. Quote me if you wish but you do not have any right to edit the quote.

Only a confirmed liar omits an important part of a quote.

Huh? Aside from the fact that there are no important parts of any of your posts, I quoted the part to which I was responding.

Old 11-23-2018, 08:01 AM

63,111 posts, read 29,291,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
This thread gets 1 post every 2-3 hours. Why is it still a sticky? The election is over, nobody is talking about this anymore.

Um, the caravan is at our border with more coming so why shouldn't it still be discussed?

Old 11-23-2018, 08:05 AM

63,111 posts, read 29,291,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What state of emergency? He's sending troops home for God's sake.

Oh for God's sake why don't you inform yourself? The only troops going home are those who were sent specifically to install the concertina wire and to reinforce other security measures. The rest of the troops are still there.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:03 AM

24,612 posts, read 17,356,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Ignoring the static of people still insistent that there is a) no migrant problem, or b) that it was all just an election stunt, because it’s nothing but partisan posturing, and doesn’t at all address the reality of the situation.

Things are getting bad on the other side of the fence. Real bad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azc...amp/2089905002

Things are getting bad but what can we expect to happen when 5000 poor people show up in a town and expect to be taken care of?

The Mayor Gastelum of Tijuana has asked for humanitarian aide because it is costing his people $27,000 a day to take care of the migrants in a make shift shelter.

This is a big problem and it is only going to get worse as more and more people that live in dangerous areas with no economic prosperity want for a better life in America and decide to make the long trek to the border.

The Mayor of Tijuana understands the problems these caravans pose to his town and people just as Trump sees the problems they pose to America that the Democrats are seemingly blind to.

This from the article: "Gastelum has drawn criticism, as well as support, in recent days over his approach to the migrant caravan. Last week, he was spotted wearing a red hat that reads "Make Tijuana Great Again," in reference to President Donald Trump's election slogan."

The border town of Tijuana has always been a questionable place to visit, I have been there twice decades ago and it was an interesting place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Today it must be even more dangerous with hundreds of poor people with nothing to lose arriving daily.

It is a humanitarian issue that needs to be addressed. The answer is not to be found in America but in the migrants homeland. There is a reason these people are leaving and for the most part they are citing fear of violence from gangs. There are ways to combat gang violence that would make a Democrat Liberal take to protesting but maybe that is what needs to be done to let these people feel safe in their own homeland.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:23 AM

10 posts, read 4,799 times
Default Re: The Caravan

Now mid-terms are over can we try to have an informed about what is going on with this "Caravan."

We all see the caravan talk STOPPED on Nov 8th. What a coincidence-NOT These antics along with the other things the GOP does is the only reason they have been in power for almost 40 yrs.

I do wonder where ppl get their information such as this caravan is funded by Soros or anyone for that matter. Yes humanitarian groups will coach ppl so as to assist many vulnerable ppl to safety. These lies about Soros is what has lead to the shooting at the temple in Philadelphia. We had someone sending pipe bombs, and perhaps much of the rise in domestic violence can be connected to these lies.

Ultimately this is ALL about the browning of America and the fear it stirs in what I view as many ignorant ppl. Before anyone takes offense to the use of the word ignorant. Ignorance is a lacking of knowledge and understanding about a topic.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJGvH5mBJEQ

An overreaction to be certain, but if closing the borders to protect us the nation from a perceived threat does not lie within the purview of the President of the United States' power, then that's completely insane. That is exactly the kind of power that the Constitution intentionally and explicitly vested in the President. Whether Trump misuses said power or not, it's a power that he does indeed have. How else could any given Commander in Chief be expected to defend the nation against an actual surprise military invasion?
Absolutely this is within the purview of his power. My question is, is this an abuse of power?

Old 11-23-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
As usual, it doesn't matter what Trump does or doesn't do - The unhinged left and fake news will be outraged ... and seek out some obscure political judge somewhere to declare it unconstitutional. Meanwhile, the U.S. gets so politically polarized that gridlock continues -- which is what the Dems seem perfectly happy with (if they can't get their own way).
This is really frightening. You do know this concept of "fake news" came from Russia as they committed many abuses that if ppl actually believed what is happening, Putin would not longer be in power. Also you do know that Russia in spite of NOT being the USSR stills wants world domination much as the USA does. As much as there is things this country does that I do not like I would rather we set the example Vs Putin/Trump.

The left which you qualify as unhinged-then seeks out an obscure judge. Like the judges on Appellate court that holds judges form both sides of the aisle. Like that kind of judge?

Political gridlock. Now when did that happen? Oh in the 90's when Clinton got into power and represented a HUGE threat to the GOP which was now bathing in power that they were out of for close to 50 yrs. That gridlock has been created and fostered but the GOP. The dems are only now beginning to wake-up and realize they are dealing with an opponent who cares less about the country and more about holding on to their power. The dems are no angels in this regard, but they have TRIED to be bipartisan only to get their hands slapped.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:46 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,609,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It doesn't make sense that you flee one place yet you wave the flag of that place in your new homeland. We saw this during the Obama era when the illegal aliens were holding rallies and demanding citizen rights while our dearly elected agreed and chanted with them in Spanish "Si Se Puede" "yes we can".

I witnessed this type of zealous nature for ones homeland years ago when I attended a Brazilian rodeo in Massachusetts. They played the Star Spangled Banner and the crowd that was 90% foreign didn't care but when they then played the national anthem of Brazil they all sang along with great zeal and respect.

If Brazil is so wonderful and they love it so much then why did they leave? The same can be asked of this caravan heading our way.
I think the same thing everyColumbus and St Patrick's day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies