Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 02:59 PM

8,431 posts, read 4,426,472 times

Advertisements

The cartoon president strikes again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 03:15 PM

24,666 posts, read 13,093,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Nope, that would slow down the flow of drugs coming into the country...that would be disastrous for many law enforcement agencies.
Thanks to our troops on the border that has already been happening, and the cartels aren't happy.

"The show of force is having the beneficial side effect of curbing illegal drug trafficking by the notorious Gulf Cartel, according to the report from the Center for Immigration Studies’ Todd Bensman.

He reported today: “Intelligence friends told me the Mexican cartel across the river, CDG, was angered by the U.S. troop deployment because it slowed the pace of drug smuggling and that the blamed the caravan for this."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...er-narco-gangs

Old 11-22-2018, 03:42 PM

9,692 posts, read 7,439,197 times
it be the best thing he could do, tell mexico we not playing

Old 11-22-2018, 03:45 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,456,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I grew up in SoCal and day laborers were always out in front of the home repair places. Again that is one way that illegals and legal residents get money for the day. It is also a way for a construction or landscaping company to pick up a few extra workers for the day. The better ones might be retained for regular work.

Again click the link. 35%. I will take Pew's stats over yours. Seriously though. So what if its 35%? Why bicker over that? Some would argue 1% is way too many, others are fine with it.

Again unless you are the hiring manager for the firm or upper management you do not have first hand knowledge. What business owner in their right mind would admit to doing something that could spur an ICE raid? How does that conversation even come up with you and business owners. Do you quiz all of them as to whether they hire illegals or do they just mention that they do not out of the blue? Really I don't get how you think you are aware of all of this.

I know first hand of national chain companies that have e-verify stickers in their window who hire illegals. What appears to be the case from afar by a novice to all this may not be what is actually going on. Right not their is a labor shortage in many areas, including construction in places like Nevada. Like I said if you look at the numbers of illegals in Vegas and understand how the labor market works. Its pretty obvious that a big percentage of construction workers there are illegal. I would argue its over 50% if you just look at the raw numbers. Illegals have to work, they get less access to benefits than legal residents do. Why try to bicker over that fact? I don't what point you are hoping to make?
He was on a site that was raided 10 years or so ago. Other crews lost a few people but he lost none. Most of his employees have been with him close to 20 years. I even know some of them personally as I used them for some work on my place. I see no reason he would lie about it.

Actually the Hispanic construction workers are rapidly forming a new middle income class. Certain neighborhoods are being rehabilitate by them. Thaqt is because they have the skills qand the needed income.

And they generally do not work on the strip unless they have flawless phony paper. The non union shops police the union shops and vice versa. Sheldon Adelson would just love to catch one of the big union shops with illegals on the payroll. And the Gaming commission would be all over it.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:08 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,898,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The courts have no power in a state of national emergency.
What state of emergency? He's sending troops home for God's sake.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:10 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,898,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Do you have some issue with understanding the word IF?

Nobody said it IS happening. Save the straw men. Trump said IF it happens he may close the border.

I'm posting on a thread same as you. I'm no more "riled up" than you.
And IF we're hit by an asteroid we'll all die. You can IF a lot of things. He's just needing to pound his chest. Not getting enough attention today I guess.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:07 PM

8,594 posts, read 7,006,062 times
Trump has to always manufacture some phony crisis that only he can resolve. The crisis of the week is at the border. Next month who knows what’s up.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:09 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,575,729 times
Finally. The only pols advocating open borders are on the payroll of the Mexican drug cartels.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:12 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,282,996 times
Our Fake President in non-action doing what he does best....nothing.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:14 PM

26,332 posts, read 19,223,381 times
I'd like to see the same thing happen to the invaders as would happen to me if I waltzed across the Honduran border. Then perhaps they'd stay where they belong. IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY. Fix you OWN country. Don't invade ours and turn it into a toilet like yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies