Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2018, 08:55 PM

6,612 posts, read 3,695,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why are you so sure this is a "MAGA-Bomber?" Why would any Trump supporter do this? Answer: They wouldn't.

This was designed to make Trump supporters look bad. It has all the markings of a Democrat hoax. None of the people these "bombs" were sent to open their own mail.

Acts of violence have been carried out against Trump supporters all across this country since he took office, while Democrats said nothing. In fact, Democrats encouraged it. Don't deny it, because their words are on video. Most recently, Hillary has said "we cannot be civil toward a party that wants to destroy what we stand for." She has called for violence, Maxine Waters has called for violence, Eric Holder has called for violence, and many other prominent Democrats have called for attacks on Republicans. And let's not forget the shooter at the baseball game that nearly killed Steve Scalise.

No Republicans have called for violence against Democrats.

This smells of a distraction concocted by Democrats as their hopes to regain control of Congress shrink. I believe when we find out who or what group is behind this, that will be what we learn.
So, what have you got to say about it, now?

Old 10-26-2018, 08:56 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,934,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why would they lock him up?
Because he had been convicted of a litany of crimes over the years......did you not know that?

Old 10-26-2018, 08:56 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,407,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Calm down. Why does no one ever question anything? Just go along, bleating happily because msm told them so. Stickers do not stay looking new in the south Florida sun. No cop is going to let anyone drive around in that van. His twitter account looks like a bot account. Repeats of the same thing, a whole lot of "memes" (bad ones but memes anyway), and then absolute nonsense when there is something said.

I said these things stood out to me. By that I mean, "they are strange and make no sense".

You leapt right into insinuating I said "vast underground democrat conspiracy". I did not say that. I said that these things stood out to me, because they are strange, they make no sense, they don't add up.

How about an experiment:

I'd like everyone to go home and tape a whole bunch of stickers all over their car windows - so many stickers that you can't see out of all of the windows except the windshield - and tell me how long it takes you to get pulled over by the cops. When you do get pulled over, let me know if they told you it was okay to drive around with all window views obscured.

And again, why was his van parked in front of a "kosher" place for months?
I’m not sure you are correct about whether or not windows can be obscured. And that the cops would pull you over for that. Look at those winebegows with curtains all around. Perhaps those posters were fairly new. Hopefully, we will get more info about this madman in the coming days.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:59 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,934,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Florida law doesn't protect the public enough other states do a better job with people with mental illness that potentially pose a danger to the public(he has been in trouble at least once for threatening to blow up a building). It looks to me that he's been heavily indoctrinated by the extremist wing of the Republican party. It seems like he looked to Trump as a father figure and hung on his every word. This individual also appears to have cognitive deficits he most likely had some help in planning this. But yeah he might have benefited from being institutionalized. We had those sorts of facilities in California up till Reagan became governor he shut them all down and flooded the streets with mentally ill people and currently in California these severely mentally ill people instead of being in institutions that specialize in treatment are either on the streets homeless or in prison.
Are you saying he (long ago) should have been jailed or put into mental institution for his many crimes over the years, so that he couldn't continue his antisocial behavior??

Old 10-26-2018, 09:00 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,615,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Likely mentally ill, not mentally defective or "simple-minded". He went to college but didn't graduate.
Guy was average IQ, I'd guess.
Read a few of his internet posts. He was practically illiterate.
An ex male stripper body building-bro, living in a van, isn't exactly an "average" resume.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,487,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Do you libs agree that this guy should have been locked up (for a long time) many years ago???
Do you cons agree that deflecting this guy as an elaborate liberal conspiracy makes you look completely retarded?

Old 10-26-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Everything is too damn perfect about that van, and this perps rap sheet.
I smell a Patsey.
Of course you do. You smell whatever interpretation conveniently supports your personal agenda, which in this case is to defend conservatives from association and blame liberals for everything. That's why you lack credibility.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:10 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Everything is too damn perfect about that van, and this perps rap sheet.
I smell a Patsey.
I suspect you're waiting on Alex Jones to tell you how to feel/think.

"Too perfect", pah lease, those idiotic politically deck out vans are a regular sight here in DC. One look at the driver normally confirms they are nutters, let alone talking to them... and they're from all sides, not just pro/anti Trump.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:15 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,941,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Are you saying he (long ago) should have been jailed or put into mental institution for his many crimes over the years, so that he couldn't continue his antisocial behavior??
I would personally require a lot more specific information on his criminal history and mental health before providing my opinion but you probably already know Repubes love to de fund treatment for mental health and it's all hypothetical at this point.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Context. Put it in context. I have no problem whatsoever with he has said because for the most part it is campaigning and in response to being provoked. Trump doesn't lay down and that is a positive for me. Then again I've been called deplorable. I understand what is happening and am prepared.
So, you want a President who, when "provoked" by criticism from anyone in the press, brands the free press as an enemy of America and encourages violence against them? As opposed to a President who respectfully pushes back against the media but articulates his support for their ability to question and criticize?

You have some very un-American standards for your Presidents. Does sound rather deplorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies