Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 12:50 PM

1,078 posts, read 938,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
I assume, being a standup guy, you'll tell the unicorn about your bisexual proclivities first, right? And get tested.
Not to mention that a single form of birth control isn’t particularly reliable. I’d never agree to just use an IUD and call it good. That’s how a number of cute little kiddos have happened, and much less adorable venereal diseases. Nopers.

I hope you find someone, but plenty of women who don’t want kids would still insist you either use condoms or get snipped for any number of reasons! If you don’t want kids, police your swimmers first - complaining about condoms AND not wanting kids but not having surgical sterilization is quite selfish in terms of her comfort and health. Birth control and sexual health aren’t only her responsibilities...?

Old 11-02-2018, 12:55 PM

1,078 posts, read 938,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And what bugs me about that mentality is that some of these guys are squeamish (rightly or wrongly) of having their precious family jewels altered or put off by wearing a condom, but they don't see that asking a woman to "just" take a pill or get an IUD is a big deal. Messing with one's hormones can cause issues and there are physical and emotional side effects to almost all of the options available to women.
Bingo. I do hope these gentlemen don’t *actually* wonder why they are still single, with some of these comments it should be pretty obvious. Dating only gets harder with age but some of these criteria seem needlessly restrictive and without good cause or care.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:03 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

I mean I guess in a way, it's like... I see Cyphorx's desires in a woman to be pretty out there, just like most of us do. But I also know that I was somebody's "unicorn." The dream come true he never though he would find. So then I'm like well...never say never, I guess.

Much of my artwork is symbolism that here on this forum seems to get taken at face value.
plus I live in the 6th fattest state in the country so in the below photo the one on the left is all too common especially in my age group(actually that's uncommon also because I at least made her a proportionate big girl which is rare unless its a chubby 19-25 year old past 35 they just tend to be apple or barrel shaped) . So yes I tend to gravitate toward lean and thin even though there are some thicker girls I find attractive as I think long term.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:18 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Much of my artwork is symbolism that here on this forum seems to get taken at face value.
plus I live in the 6th fattest state in the country so in the below photo the one on the left is all too common especially in my age group(actually that's uncommon also because I at least made her a proportionate big girl which is rare unless its a chubby 19-25 year old past 35 they just tend to be apple or barrel shaped) . So yes I tend to gravitate toward lean and thin even though there are some thicker girls I find attractive as I think long term.
So ... this thread started out with you stating that this was "all" you were asking for:

Quote:
Now I don't think what I seek is all that much.

A. mutual attraction.
B. common interests and worldview.

c. Faithfulness (in behavior and deed)
D. non-materialistic.
E. seeking life long monogamy.
F. no kids at home.

6 things out of 100's of possible types and criteria etc etc.

And somehow "thiccness" or fatness wasn't brought into the equation, and yet in reality you have a VERY specific type (or is it just symbolic?). And if they are just symbolic, why did they get brought into the conversation at all?

That's why they say that there's a shoe for every foot and a lid for every pot. We all have those things that we want in a love match. But my own personal experience has proven to me that I might not even know exactly what I want until I try it, because I have fallen in love before with a guy who, on paper, had characteristics I would have called dealbreakers but in reality, after getting to know him, didn't really matter at all.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I know right? Don't understand why guys don't just do this if they are sure they never want kids. The procedure is so not a big deal and doesn't affect anything once it's done. I've known a number of men who have had one. Never heard first hand of any problem because of it.

Only part right, yes they have become so routine that complications are rare, these days less than 1%. but unlike getting tubes tied a complication can take away your ability to ever have sex again!!!!

Yes getting tubes tied has a higher rate of complication but to this date no doctor has accidentally sewn a vagina shut.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So ... this thread started out with you stating that this was "all" you were asking for:

And somehow "thiccness" or fatness wasn't brought into the equation, and yet in reality you have a VERY specific type (or is it just symbolic?). And if they are just symbolic, why did they get brought into the conversation at all?

That's why they say that there's a shoe for every foot and a lid for every pot. We all have those things that we want in a love match. But my own personal experience has proven to me that I might not even know exactly what I want until I try it, because I have fallen in love before with a guy who, on paper, had characteristics I would have called dealbreakers but in reality, after getting to know him, didn't really matter at all.

It got brought up because of my artwork they say my models are too skinny lol.
and they aren't in the list because that is not one of my REQUIREMENTS like I stated "I gravitate toward lean and toned" one of the reasons being I enjoy cycling and someone athletic would be more likely to want to do that with me and keep up. I had a tomboy ex that rode with me all the time it was a lot of fun, she tried to get me to keep riding with her after the breakup but our incompatibility lay elsewhere(in the being faithful and behaving faithfully area).

Old 11-02-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Yes getting tubes tied has a higher rate of complication but to this date no doctor has accidentally sewn a vagina shut.

If a doctor sews a penis shut during a vasectomy, then s/he has no idea what s/he's doing and shouldn't be messing around down there anyway.

Quote:
...but our incompatibility lay elsewhere(in the being faithful and behaving faithfully area).
Eeek. Yep that would do it.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:44 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Ok so it's just me that would take one look at this animation stuff and run for the door???

Old 11-02-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Ok so it's just me that would take one look at this animation stuff and run for the door???

Probably not, but ... Stephen King is married. An active imagination isn't necessarily a turnoff for everyone.

People like what they like.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:48 PM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Well yeah cyphorx but you know the main difference in comparing vasectomy to tubal ligation? You can get a vasectomy. You cannot get a tubal ligation. You don't have the plumbing for that.

See, you cannot control other people. But you can control YOURSELF. A man who never wants kids should do what it takes to make sure he doesn't father any, since that is within his power to do.

Just like when I broke up with the ex, and started dating again (ex had a vasectomy a long time ago) with men who were capable of making me pregnant, I took matters into MY OWN HANDS and got my tubal ligation. Do you think I have any right to expect a man I am dating to have a vasectomy? It's his body. Not mine. I can control mine, no one else's.

So I would think...what is more intolerable, a significant risk that you might create a child you don't want to raise, or an extremely small risk of some kind of a complication?

Oh and tubal ligation, as an actual surgical procedure...yeah, it wasn't so much that something might happen that could make it so I could not have sex, it was more like, "This is surgery, and I could die." Anything from a bad reaction to the general anesthesia, to an infection, could have done me in. But it didn't! And the odds were low of anything bad happening, and it was worth it to me, to shut down the babymaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies