Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 01:23 PM
exm

3,732 posts, read 1,790,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Does anyone know if Baron was born before or after Melania became a citizen? Trump should look into ending chain migration before her parents took advantage of that program to become US citizens.

edit to add: Baron was born March 20th, 2006 and Melania became a citizen in July of 2006. Doesn't that make Baron an anchor baby subject to deportation if Trump tries to make his birthright citizenship law retroactive?

Baron's father is Donald Trump, a US Citizen, so there's no anchor baby here.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:26 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,327,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Baron's father is Donald Trump, a US Citizen, so there's no anchor baby here.

I demand a DNA test. Just a joke, kids, just a joke.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:33 PM

1,066 posts, read 631,228 times
I honestly dont even care if it goes against the amendment in its fullest intent word for word. I want anchor babies to quit being made, delete the amendment or amend it so it benefits Americans, it does nothing but ruin this beautiful nation with poverty and the rejects from other nations. Theres a reason they want to be here, and its to take money out of all of our pockets, id rather keep my dollar in my pocket than help an illegal pop a baby out. sorry. go away we are full.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:35 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,840,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Our current system just encourages people to illegally come here. How we had this archaic system for so long is amazing.
Russian babies are being born like mad at Trump properties, lol. MAGA! Friggin hypocrite.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,291,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Merely your opinion and wishful thinking. The wall is coming along fine as Trump has already received some monies to improve existing walls/fences and built prototypes for the higher and stronger walls. The Dec. budget is just around the corner and more funding will be in it. Thanks for asking.
Actually, it isn't.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.11b0916110ba

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ion-it-n888371

Old 10-31-2018, 01:36 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,840,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I honestly dont even care if it goes against the amendment in its fullest intent word for word. I want anchor babies to quit being made, delete the amendment or amend it so it benefits Americans, it does nothing but ruin this beautiful nation with poverty and the rejects from other nations. Theres a reason they want to be here, and its to take money out of all of our pockets, id rather keep my dollar in my pocket than help an illegal pop a baby out. sorry. go away we are full.
Russian babies and Trump properties.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia...to-us-citizens

Old 10-31-2018, 01:39 PM

431 posts, read 258,223 times
Default Birth Right Citizenship....Who has the right?

The president has made some comments in which I'm not sure as to the accuracy of his ability to change the 14th amendment through executive order. That can be a debate on its own. However, I believe this is a valid topic to address due to the rampant abuse of this law.

Most people with the hopes of reaching the United States have known this for decades. Organizers of these so called "caravans" know this is well. They preach many strategies as how our own laws will protect them, directly or indirectly. Although the illegal immigrant will not have any rights to any social services (in most states), their children born here will. They will receive some form of Medicaid, food stamps and other government assistance to help them. Hospitals will not turn anyone away and the protocol will be to record the birth and order a birth certificate; affording this new U.S citizen all the benefits of citizenship.

Even if the parents manage to stay here illegally, their children will most likely always have those social services until the age of 18 because and the parents will most likely qualify on their behalf. They'll qualify because they wont be able to provide verifiable income, even if they earn good wages.

So who has the right of citizenship in this country? According to the 14th amendment, anyone born here. Even if the parents were here illegally. As an immigrant myself who values my naturalization certificate that I earned, I don't think that's right or fair. Thoughts?

Old 10-31-2018, 01:42 PM

6,740 posts, read 4,431,176 times
He cares only in getting votes. He will do or say anything.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:44 PM

1,078 posts, read 940,478 times
I’m very conservative, but I do firmly believe that this issue should be taken up legislatively and not by executive order. That said, MANY countries do not have birthright citizenship and I think it’s a valid area of the law to change that effectively grandfathers people already here, meaning it isn’t particularly legally disruptive compared to other immigration measures that could be taken.

But the validity of it is neither here nor there, if the method of achieving it isn’t one that has the buy in of the population. That’s why we have elected representatives, and it’s a bit dishonest for conservatives to complain about Obama having done things by executive order and then support Trump doing the same, simply because they agree with the action this time.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:44 PM

17,020 posts, read 12,620,003 times
Trump is wrong.

I have zero problem making the amendment to fix it as long as it is not ex post facto.

FWIW Most Hispanics seem to work. I sell things to them as my 2nd job is in retail next to a city known for illegals. Their American kids 99% speak English perfectly, often without accent, and in many cases are my translators when selling them their goods. No I do not ask if they are legal. That would be grounds for being fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies