Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 09:23 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You are special.
Ah shucks!
Now you're makin' me blush.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 09:32 PM

3,836 posts, read 4,447,228 times
I don't like either channel. Honestly, I would actually pay good money for a news channel that created shows with real conversations between members of both parties. That way we can maybe get some dialogue going and perhaps each side could get a better understanding of where the other is coming from on various topics.

Right now both FOX and CNN offer up echo chambers. If you watch Hannity, he's going to have right wing guests on who agree with him. Ditto for anyone from CNN. Or they follow the old Bill O'Reilly tactic of bringing on a opposing view point and then proceed to shouting the guy down and then claiming victory. It's boring and frankly useless. All that does is preach to the choir on each side leaving us more divided than ever.

Of course, it would require that there be a person from each party brave enough, and willing to engage in actual discussion and not just repeat the lines fed to them by the RNC/DNC. Fat chance of that happening.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:37 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,675,257 times
I will admit that I use to flip among all the cable new stations when Megyn Kelly and Bill O'Reilly on Fox on Fox. There is nobody now on Fox who I can stand to watch. Sean Hannity is the absolute worst. As someone of Irish descent, I think he is an embarrassment to the Irish. Maybe Donald will adopt him and he can change his name to Trump.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:43 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
so can we start calling fox news the evil msm now?

Old 10-31-2018, 10:11 PM

131 posts, read 54,821 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw72Y2NSp6M

CNN WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT TRUMP

Old 10-31-2018, 10:12 PM

131 posts, read 54,821 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9o4BrDoF8h8

Old 11-01-2018, 12:19 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I don't like either channel. Honestly, I would actually pay good money for a news channel that created shows with real conversations between members of both parties. That way we can maybe get some dialogue going and perhaps each side could get a better understanding of where the other is coming from on various topics.

Right now both FOX and CNN offer up echo chambers. If you watch Hannity, he's going to have right wing guests on who agree with him. Ditto for anyone from CNN. Or they follow the old Bill O'Reilly tactic of bringing on a opposing view point and then proceed to shouting the guy down and then claiming victory. It's boring and frankly useless. All that does is preach to the choir on each side leaving us more divided than ever.

Of course, it would require that there be a person from each party brave enough, and willing to engage in actual discussion and not just repeat the lines fed to them by the RNC/DNC. Fat chance of that happening.
BINGO!

NONE of the cable news network are worth much of anything. ALL of them just tell their audience what the want to hear.

1/3 Commercials
1/3 "Talking Head" political blowhards just spouting their OPINIONS as FACTS .
1/3 The same "Top" stories over and over and over again every 1/2 hour.

Pretty much worthless sources of actual NEWS.

Ken

Old 11-01-2018, 01:12 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,404,372 times
Fox consistently leads in viewership because they have no other competition that caters to a conservative cable news audience. CNN aligns with MSNBC and all other mainstream media outlets, so it’s a no brainer that Fox boasts the most robust audience by default.

Don’t misinterpret this to mean that Fox is some information panacea, it’s just the lone snake in the lake.

The President hates CNN because he knows thier digital scope dwarfs that of all other cable news organizations. If CNN’s opinions were of no consequence, he simply wouldn’t validate them. But the fact that he goes after CNN most vehemently should tell you something.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:26 AM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Complete domination. CNN is in free fall leading up to the election.

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-ra...ctions-1195832
of course real news (Fox News) is going to Trump fake news Certainly Not News (CNN) 3 to 1....surprised it's not higher.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:48 AM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Racist cnn sucks. Fox needs more leg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies