Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 03:08 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,146 times

Advertisements

I don't think any Democrat (maybe in border towns?) will vote red because of this. However, it certainly will energize the base to know what's at stake.

If the GOP keeps the house, they might actually manage some immigration improvements. Under Pelosi nothing will get done except countless investigations into Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 03:26 PM

17,553 posts, read 13,334,227 times
There are a lot of reasons that I am voting RED.

The economy, the Supreme Court and illegal immigrants are part of the reason why.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:29 PM

22,460 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordin View Post
Wow.

You've well and truly lost your damn mind.

So, what you are saying is that you can't even refute just one thing that poster wrote. Instead, you resort to name-calling.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
And it continues.

So...you deny that illegals are either using stolen IDs or fake SSNs (those fake SSNs sometimes belong to a living person who gets put into a world of hurt like the ID theft victim) or engaging in tax evasion through being paid under the table, all in order to hold a job?

What, exactly, are you whining about?

Old 11-01-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm voting blue mostly but I don't care about the caravan lol.

They won't make it to Ohio and I don't buy into political fear mongering or media fear mongering or sob stories.
So...Ohio doesn't have any illegal aliens living there? Wow! That's news to me! When did this all happen?

Old 11-01-2018, 03:45 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Those are applications received. Were the applications sent from person in their own country. Were the applications granted?
Couldn't find them in qazillion links but here are the top countries we GRANT asylum from:

The latest Yearbook (as of early 2018) was for 2016. And the top ten countries whose citizens were granted asylum in the U.S. included (from most to least):

China
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Mexico
India
Nepal
Ethiopia
Somalia
Eritrea

The reason I brought it up is because a poster said those countries have nothing to run from.... and my point is..... the government obviously disagrees.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-01-2018, 03:52 PM

12,033 posts, read 6,564,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Is this really the most important issue to you OP?

Not healthcare or education or jobs or rising food costs...?

r.
I’m not the OP, but I’ll throw in a response to your post because illegal immigration has caused all three bolded areas to suffer in this country.

Healthcare and costs are hugely impacted by illegal immigration. I watched two hospitals in NM near the border go bankrupt because of all the illegals coming across the border to deliver their babies and never pay.
Try to visit any hospital’s ER, and you’ll quickly see the impact.

Our education system has been hugely impacted by illegal immigration. One quarter of the students in my local elementary school this year don’t speak English our county has had a huge increase in illegals the past five years and we went from a high rated school to almost the bottom now. CA was the highest rated state in the country and now after the enormous influx of millions of illegals, they are almost at the bottom.

Jobs and wages have been hugely impacted by illegals. Look at any construction type job these days, and the vast majority of workers are Hispanic immigrants, many illegal. Contractors can’t hire only American workers anymore because they can’t compete on bids with the low wages given to illegals.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:28 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If you can explain why Texas doesn't do e-verify then I will listen. Until then all this stuff falls on plugged ears.

I was taught to lead by example. Texas IS the border. It has vast numbers of working illegals. The Government can do ANYTHING there, being as it is deep red.

Why? Make it good and I'll consider it. As it stands this is what I see. Democrats and Reasonable Republicans and Independents want serious LAW - Comprehensive Immigration Reform. The GOP has...out loud....stopped any semblance of this from happening. Why?

One cannot complain about things unless they are prepared to take the actions needed to mitigate them. Words are easy......I can say I am for and against a lot of things. But the actions in Texas or Iowa and plenty of other GOP states says they like illegal labor.
I owe you a rep.
E-verify would be so easy but they like their cheap labor.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:37 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I have yet to hear why a Democrat votes for a Democrat beyond hating Trump and White people.

Where's your post on why you vote for Democrats?
They almost TRIPLE the DOW and make many attempts to get us where we need to be with health care.

That's enough right there. More than enough. One for me and one for mankind as a whole.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:43 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
There's some who are already IN office ! Which is disgusting!
Who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies