Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 07:18 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,124,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think she has defrauded people, and belongs in jail. She is a thief who lied about things to defraud people of money. I dont care if it was Republicans, its still the same thing. A con. Lock her up.
Lock her up for what? This is the kind of thinking that people use to justify calling the cops on Black folks b/c they don't feel comfortable. She didn't promise anyone anything. She used the hopes of a gullible group to fund her lifestyle, no different than those Twitch weirdos live-streaming their "life." If you don't like it, then don't like it. Don't fabricate a case that she needs to be in jail for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 07:25 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,849,549 times
I mentioned this in another thread the other day. LOL - I personally think that Diamond and Silk and a lot of other YouTube personalities do the same thing since I've personally known people who admit that they take advantage of white conservatives and their desire to have a negro agree with them about blacks being inferior in some way (voters, families, etc). It is not based on politics IMO from their end - it really is an inferiority/superiority sort of racist thing with many of these people who push some token black person as the spokesman for all black people or who they want all black people to be like (want to keep us in our place same as their ancestors did in the 18th through 20th centuries).

Someone I used to work with knew/knows Herman Cain before he ran for president. Cain has always been rather conservative in regards to religion and business, most black entrepreneurs are. However, he never heard Herman speak negatively about "black people" until he ran for president and it was a big deal in metro Atlanta (big joke and hilariously funny sort of deal) when Herman Cain was asked why he didn't have many black supporters when he announced his run for president in 2012. His response was basically that black people couldn't afford to attend his event - this is hilarious because he announced it in Centennial Park in Atlanta - which has a large black population. I worked 2 blocks from where he announced and didn't know he was announcing his candidacy that day lol.

There are a lot of black people who take advantage of white people stereotypes of us for financial gain. They are pretty easy to spot. The girl creating the text messages from her mom were especially hilarious! I also think the young black teen who had/has a youtube channel supporting conservatism is doing so for money with the support of his parents. My own son has even spoken to me about how he should create a black conservative channel to get some money lol. I told him whatever floats his boat but he said he cannot push himself to do it (he has been raised to know about his culture and heritage and he knows he wouldn't "feel right" doing something like that - also that money is not more valuable than your dignity as a young black man).

Old 11-06-2018, 07:37 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,823,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I mentioned this in another thread the other day. LOL - I personally think that Diamond and Silk and a lot of other YouTube personalities do the same thing since I've personally known people who admit that they take advantage of white conservatives and their desire to have a negro agree with them about blacks being inferior in some way (voters, families, etc). It is not based on politics IMO from their end - it really is an inferiority/superiority sort of racist thing with many of these people who push some token black person as the spokesman for all black people or who they want all black people to be like (want to keep us in our place same as their ancestors did in the 18th through 20th centuries).
I agree. The money is not in simply being a black conservative these days (a la Condolezza Rice or Colin Powell), the money is in being a black conservative that bashes other blacks. If you're willing to go there, there's buckets o' cash waiting for you. The more combatitive the better. It's just weird, but we live in strange times.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:13 AM

811 posts, read 551,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Would you just stop the nonsense!

Will Democrats just stop this nonsense? Acting like blacks are just pawns is racist in itself.
I'm not a Democrat. And if you don't believe in politricks that there are no such things as pawns you must be young and still learning the world.

Can you explain to me where the phrase "Get off the Democrat plantation" comes from then? Because I see Conservatives saying it all the time. So even conservatives believe that black people are pawns to the DNC.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:25 AM

27,711 posts, read 16,205,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think she has defrauded people, and belongs in jail. She is a thief who lied about things to defraud people of money. I dont care if it was Republicans, its still the same thing. A con. Lock her up.
This is why i have hope for you. But jail time? I dont know. Preying on peoples empathy is pretty darn despicable

Old 11-15-2018, 08:28 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,484,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
"A black woman used social media to announce her departure from the Democrat Party, claiming to be part of "blacks for Trump" and the "walk away" movement. At the height of so-called "Blexit," a movement which encourages black Americans to reject the idea that they must be Democrats, the Twitter post making such a declaration from the woman went viral.

But the announcement was phony."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/37972...-prestigiacomo
Interestingly, a multitude of PACS have done the same.

They are not regulated, and one can create a "Making America Grand Again" PAC supposedly supporting Trump's agenda, then take almost the entirety of donations as a salary. It was happening in 2016 and I don't believe the rules have been changed since.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:51 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,417,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
This is why i have hope for you. But jail time? I dont know. Preying on peoples empathy is pretty darn despicable

Oh trust me, theres no hope for me. I have a side-mine. Its not narrowly defined by political parties. I've always loved guns, and the right to own them, and im extremely anti-illegal (and even some legal) immigration. And even THAT is sort of nuanced. I truly despise the H1B program, while I love some of the temporary farm worker programs. I also think universal healthcare is a great idea, along with paid college. We should have a yer 13-16 program that focuses on specialized schools of study for example.

But absolutely jail time. Look she took in thousands with her con game. We put people in jail for theft like that. Not only did this take money from a large number of people, her con damaged the belief that these things are legitimate. She has hurt anyone in the future who asks for help this way. Now im not saying a TON....but a lot, like 4 years for example.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:08 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,728,879 times
Quote:
"A black woman used social media to announce her departure from the Democrat Party, claiming to be part of "blacks for Trump" and the "walk away" movement. At the height of so-called "Blexit," a movement which encourages black Americans to reject the idea that they must be Democrats, the Twitter post making such a declaration from the woman went viral.

If I would have read her story online.....I would not have believed it. I am an African American and although we are certainly not monolithic, I just can't see such a scenario happening in a black family. Drug abuse, stealing, disrespecting parents authority......yeah.....I can see getting kicked out for that, however, not political choice.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:16 PM

19,861 posts, read 12,151,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If I would have read her story online.....I would not have believed it. I am an African American and although we are certainly not monolithic, I just can't see such a scenario happening in a black family. Drug abuse, stealing, disrespecting parents authority......yeah.....I can see getting kicked out for that, however, not political choice.

Yeah, that would never happen!

https://abc13.com/news/mom-kicks-out...video/1603459/

Old 11-15-2018, 02:55 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,615,072 times
Quote:

LOL...just like those women named Silk and Pearl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies