Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 12:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And in gun free California. How was that possible?
It's not "gun free" California. You can absolutely have a gun in this state. I brought my gun into this state. The hard part is conceal carry. The other hard part is if you ever have to use it, (meaning self defense), you can have a jury loaded with gun hating people who will find any excuse to toss you into prison for defending yourself. But you can have a gun in this state.

However, he did have a magazine that carried more than CA allows - they have a law against that, it didn't stop him from having and using one, because these laws are nothing but feel good laws. It doesn't stop people from having them, it doesn't stop people from using them. Twelve people are dead despite CA's law about the magazine.

It wouldn't have mattered if he had a legal magazine or not, anyway, because as one witness pointed out, he knew exactly what he was doing and changed magazines during the shootout in seconds. Which is yet another point that gun haters don't get. They can ban all these magazines for "carrying too many rounds", but anyone with any decent experience with guns can change those magazines extremely fast and continue shooting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 12:07 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Marine veteran, did a tour in Afghanistan, never made any rank or developed any purpose in life, got out the military, had PTSD, and lived with his mother

Then decideds to snap

It’s a damn sad story and outlines the help veterans with PTSD need

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Who's saying nothing should be done? Pro-gun people are just pointing out the fact that trying to pass more laws restricting gun ownership (the Left's "solution") isn't gonna solve the problem of mass shootings.

But that isn't the real agenda is it? Anti-gun folks should just admit they don't actually hate murderers and senseless random deaths... they hate inanimate objects that go "bang" and the anti-collectivist beliefs of the people that support private gun ownership.
This is exactly it. Many of us in these threads have offered up some common sense ideas, the anti gun crown just doesn't listen.

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
None of those countries had 300+ million guns already in private circulation and a goddamn culture war raging at the time either.
:
And God knows how many paranoid gun nuts who can't wait to finally used their guns on a human, especially a "lib-uh-rul".

At least let's clearly define where this mass shooting problem is coming from. It's not from "liberal gun free zones", it's form a deranged gun culture continually supported by deranged people.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:08 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
None of those countries had 300+ million guns already in private circulation and a goddamn culture war raging at the time either.

How in the world can you even think it would go the same here? It's like treating anemia by cutting off a patient's leg, because the last patient had gangrene and amputation fixed their problem.

Stop...you are using logic... something the anti gun crowd has none of.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:08 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Marine veteran, did a tour in Afghanistan, never made any rank or developed any purpose in life, got out the military, had PTSD, and lived with his mother

Then decideds to snap

It’s a damn sad story and outlines the help veterans with PTSD need
Yeah, the "never made any rank" part is kind of weird.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:09 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
And God knows how many paranoid gun nuts who can't wait to finally used their guns on a human, especially a "lib-uh-rul".

At least let's clearly define where this mass shooting problem is coming from. It's not from "liberal gun free zones", it's form a deranged gun culture continually supported by deranged people.
Oh please, liberals and guns. NRA is a hard core "R" supported organization. Never was many yrs ago as I've heard some history on it recently.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:10 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I don't get that. I own guns, but that isn't even on the long list of things that I would consider as being part of my identity. It's a tool that I own. I also own a drill press, and a band saw, those aren't part of my identity either.

I suppose it depends on the person for I am is an arms mistress and guns are a big part of my life for that is my profession, that is one of my qualifications. If I am employed because of my marksmanship skills, for example, I am not expected to miss.

The level of intensity of the tool with the skill is like that of me being a professional diver.

Finally, of course, I do not trust this belief of a government always to be benevolent and always to have the best interest of its people at heart, I do not trust them to put people before money; therefore, I do not want to be defenseless in their eyes.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
So we will need to work harder then.

This was the best analogy you could come up with? really....
So you've got your gigantic heavily-armed army and gun-sniffing dogs ready to go door to door collecting all those guns huh? Got that Constitutional Convention ready to repeal the 2nd AND 4th Amendment? Guess you aren't concerned about fomenting and winning an actual 2nd civil war either?

And the Leftist shows his true colors... Turns out all those wacky paranoid gunowners aren't all that crazy after all.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:12 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Yeah, the "never made any rank" part is kind of weird.
Well it clearly demonstrates he wasn't a good marine. Just used it to buy time before he moved back in with his mother, or he got in trouble at one point and lost rank.

Either way, most people will make rank with the amount of years the suspect served.

The Texas church shooter was also a troubled veteran
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies