Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 02:25 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
You know, Vega, I am really shocked you would say something like that. I know you're a bitter person as I've read many of your negative comments here. Never a positive thing to say about California. I get it. You don't like what goes on in the state, politically speaking, but to say something like hoping the money doesn't show up isn't so much a political attack as much as it is an attack on people, regular people like you and me, who live and work in this state.

I suppose what I find more surprising is that you say something like this and yet you claim to be a Christian man, even making posts here about going to church. You have health problems and have asked others here about things to do to improve your health issues. And now here you are almost wishing that people who have lost everything and when I say everything, I mean exactly that. Many people in Paradise - business owners as well as residents - not only lost their home but their businesses too. They are left with literally nothing. How can you be so heartless and yet claim to be a Christian? I am truly puzzled by this, sir.

Trump is dirty and corrupt and if he wants to cut off federal money to this state for the disastrous fires we are experiencing, then we can stop sending money to the feds, too. Actually, we'd be better off since we pay the federal government more money they they give to us. And the icing on the cake will be the day I see him walking out the WH in disgrace.
That’s tellin’ ‘em, Mars Got your dander up, did he? Rightfully so!

Old 11-10-2018, 02:26 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Uh ... exactly how do you expect to manage 33 million acres of California forest? If Chump is so concerned with it, perhaps he could direct some of the funds he spends golfing at his resorts to take care of 57% of that forest he now controls (federal land).

Worried about greenhouse emissions? Instead of focusing on natural cycles ... how about focus on human stupidity and consumption lifestyles?

Old 11-10-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Exactly. This is the truth. Of course the media is blowing it out or proportion and making it sound worse than it is. But scientists have been saying for years that we need to do more controlled burns and they've been mostly ignored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
You don't need to split hairs. They still have brush the can be burned in controlled burns.
So, your college degree isn’t in forestry. Got it

Old 11-10-2018, 02:28 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
The feds getting on board would also give the insurance companies additional support and motivation to pursue this too-they are getting hammered and they are getting wise to whats going on here- policy holders are loosing BIG time- I guess legal action is needed to help protect us from the California government!!
Part of the issue is that the feds are sometimes involved--too involved. They have to get permits to do controlled burns on federal land--which seems reasonable on its face--but it adds another layer of bureaucracy to doing controlled burns. By the time they get the permits, it's sometimes too late to do a controlled burn for that particular fire season.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:11 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
“Mr. President, with all due respect, you are wrong. The fires in So. Cal are urban interface fires and have NOTHING to do with forest management. Come to SoCal and learn the facts & help the victims,” the Pasadena Firefighters Assn. said on Twitter.

Experts have also said forest management was not a factor in California’s two most destructive fires: the Camp, which burned more than 6,000 structures this week in Paradise, and the Tubbs fire last year in wine country.

Forest thinning would not have stopped the Camp or the Tubbs. Fueled by dry grass growing amid scattered pine and oak trees, the Camp tore across land thinned by flames just 10 years ago. The Tubbs burned grassy oak woodlands, not timber land.

Trump's erroneous claims about cause of California fires don't add up

Old 11-10-2018, 03:33 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,783 times
The simple explanation is that he never passes up an opportunity to show what a despicable human being he is.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:40 PM

145 posts, read 104,494 times
It seems the President is still frustrated with the midterm so there is probably going to be more ranting coming.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverJC View Post
It seems the President is still frustrated with the midterm so there is probably going to be more ranting coming.
He doesn’t need a reason to rant. He just manufactures reasons if things get too quiet.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:02 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
It's hard to keep count of all the stupid things Trump's said but this one is a doozie. What a fool

Old 11-10-2018, 07:12 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
This thread is based on something Trump said in August?

In today's world, wasn't that about a million years ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies