Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 04:05 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,035,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Seems like a good way for the White House to lose another lawsuit.

Not according to what the judge said in the last one. If the rules are published, and he breaks the rules, he can be removed and banned!
If he really DID break the rules he was given, he should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 04:05 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,315,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A college degree in journalism simply means you have likely been sufficiently indoctrinated to promote the liberal ideology, and can slant the news to reflect, said liberal ideology.
Yes, intellectual curiosity and education. Liberal ideology.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:06 PM

11,030 posts, read 4,467,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Seems like a good way for the White House to lose another lawsuit.
The Supreme Court will decide next time, as with the travel ban-
Quote:
US President Donald Trump has hailed a Supreme Court ruling upholding his travel ban which covers people from several Muslim-majority countries.

Lower courts had deemed the ban unconstitutional, but the US top court reversed the decision in a 5-4 conservative majority ruling.

The ban prevents most immigrants, refugees and visa holders from five Muslim-majority countries - Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen - as well as North Korea and Venezuela from entering the US.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44619976

Old 11-27-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
He was back in the White House press briefing, and asking questions. Sarah Sanders took a question from him(Acosta) today. Some on here said he would never see the inside of the press room again, I guess they were wrong.
I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised that SHS not only called on Acosta, but she refrained from firing off one of her rude, disrespectful remarks. The entire press briefing was a display of maturity...aside from all the lying.

Overall, I was impressed. Yeah, shocked me, too.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:10 PM

12,998 posts, read 9,748,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You won't see Jim in the WH anytime soon.
Boy you were wrong.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:12 PM

17,896 posts, read 7,103,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised that SHS not only called on Acosta, but she refrained from firing off one of her rude, disrespectful remarks. The entire press briefing was a display of maturity...aside from all the lying.

Did Acosta refrain from one of his trademark temper tantrums designed solely to attack Trump and repeat DNC talking points?

Old 11-27-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Acosta will never see the WH Press Room again.
Boy you were wrong again. I was always told to never say never.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Not according to what the judge said in the last one. If the rules are published, and he breaks the rules, he can be removed and banned!
Yeah, go after Senior White House Correspondent Jim Acosta because he asks the president tough questions. Saudis/MBS can kill and dismember a US resident with not even a slap on the wrist.

Can we please get this orange idiot and his band of merry thugs out of the White House?!

Old 11-27-2018, 04:18 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,613,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Incorrect. The rules must meet the least restrictive means to further a compelling government interest and, at the DC Circuit suggested that the only compelling government interest that could qualify would be the safety of the President and his family. I doubt these rules are Constitutional. Read Sherrill. It’s all there.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post

I agree, the exchange between them went off very well. Maybe they got together and hash things out or something, it was noticeably different today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies