Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 08:16 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That loon doesn't realize that it's the people like him that got us to where we are today.
her, actually.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Qzhy.../amy-photo.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 08:16 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
I do thank my God daily that there are no SJWs in my family.

I further thank God daily that my friends who are to the left of me (some very much to the left) are not crazy people who think everyone that doesn't think like them are racists.

blessing SJWs. I hope you find what you are looking for....some place outside of my family.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:19 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Do we really know that these days? How about It to be politically correct.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:08 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Don't disrupt the table with political hatred and nonsense directed at anyone and you won't have anything to worry about. It's pretty easy.
Did you read in my post where I said that I would say ANYTHING about my politics? If so, please point it out.

What I relayed is my REACTION to an attack by an asshat. If there is no asshat present at the table that wishes to cause trouble, there would be no trouble. The only place I discuss my politics is either here or with someone who specifically asks. At the Thanksgiving table, I wouldn't discuss my politics even if you asked.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
What kind of punch is best for a bloody nose?
I'd say Hawaiian.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:17 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Did you read in my post where I said that I would say ANYTHING about my politics? If so, please point it out.

What I relayed is my REACTION to an attack by an asshat. If there is no asshat present at the table that wishes to cause trouble, there would be no trouble. The only place I discuss my politics is either here or with someone who specifically asks. At the Thanksgiving table, I wouldn't discuss my politics even if you asked.
Do you even know what this thread is about and what my response was even saying? The asshat in question would be the one starting trouble with Trump supporters at the dinner table. The "accidental" gravy spill would be in THEIR laps. Not sure where you went with this.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Do you even know what this thread is about and what my response was even saying? The asshat in question would be the one starting trouble with Trump supporters at the dinner table. The "accidental" gravy spill would be in THEIR laps. Not sure where you went with this.
Here is my scenario: I'm a libertarian (if you like, you can put Trump supporter in there, I don't care). I rarely discuss my libertarianism, unless specifically asked by someone I know will not blow a head gasket. Someone at the table (presumably a SJW) has somehow found out that I believe in individual liberty and voluntaryism. He/She is pizzed off by this. At the table he/she dumps a bowl of hot gravy on my ascot, down the front of my ruffled shirt, vest, frock, and into my lap, thus irreparably soiling my clothing and causing embarrassing burns and discomfort. This was done in an unprovoked and obviously malicious manner. Said SJW is soon walking away from the table with bloody nose and fat lip. And possibly black eye.

That was my scenario.

Now, as for your scenario: no, not at my table. I don't dump gravy on anyone due to their political beliefs, even if they are a SJW, I hate their political beliefs, and they are a moron. I'm a bit more civilized than that and I believe that everyone should have a right to any political/social philosophy they wish to espouse without infringement on my part--assuming they keep their philosophies as philosophies rather than commandments.

Generally speaking, I believe fewer Trump supporters would dump gravy into guests' laps than would SJWs dump gravy into guests' laps, based on previous examples, behaviour, and data.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:52 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Thank goodness I don't have to worry about any Snowy McSnowflake Trumplings at my table, my family is on the same page.

We will give thanks for the recent blue wave taking back the House, and for surviving the first half of the worst and criminal president any of us has seen, including the majority of us who are old enough to have lived through Nixon.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:00 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Son #4’s girlfriend last Thanksgiving couldn’t stop talking about how racist Trump is but couldn’t name one instance of real racism from him.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:02 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Thank goodness I don't have to worry about any Snowy McSnowflake Trumplings at my table, my family is on the same page.

We will give thanks for the recent blue wave taking back the House, and for surviving the first half of the worst and criminal president any of us has seen, including the majority of us who are old enough to have lived through Nixon.
The blue wave is more like a ripple in a puddle of pee. Trump will be naming 2 or 3 SCOTUS judges before he’s done with his GOP Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies