Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 11:45 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
What one says and does has consequences: be ill-intentioned or not, when an investigation that indicated a person did something bad later turns to be a flawed investigation*, then those initial investigating parties should face the penalties or consequences. In this case, it is members of the police force and members of crime labs.

*the suspect did not do something illegal or perhaps not to the degree that initial investigation's findings.
Take money out of the police retirement fund to pay back the lawsuit. See how long everyone covers for the few incompetent cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 01:58 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Take money out of the police retirement fund to pay back the lawsuit. See how long everyone covers for the few incompetent cops.
Thats just stupip. Punish all for one cops actions. Now I know why some want to punish over 330 million gun owners for some peoples actions. Just stupid.

Old 11-25-2018, 02:29 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Thats just stupip. Punish all for one cops actions. Now I know why some want to punish over 330 million gun owners for some peoples actions. Just stupid.
Cops lie and cover for other cops. Maybe that would stop it and get rid of the bad ones.

Old 11-25-2018, 02:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I vote straight ticket Libertarian whenever I can. When forced to choose between Demonrats and Retardicans, I prefer to opt out entirely.

PS: The Democrats love them some Prohibition II just as much as the Republicans.
Except you are wrong - one of these things is not like the other!

I'm amazed that many fail to see "shades" of so many things.

I'm not going to educate you, but if you truly care look up:

1. The number of human beings in states that have legalized rec. or completely decrimed rec use....and whether these are red or blue.

2. Polling on the matter (hint: VASTLY better numbers among Dems and Independents)....

It's important to keep an open mind. If 78% of Democrats favor legalization and 50% of Republicans, that's a vast difference. False equivalency is not a smart way to look at the world.

Old 11-25-2018, 02:54 PM

720 posts, read 500,923 times
I hope the woman gets reimbursed for all her trouble, but this wasn't an issue of the War on Drugs. It was a failure of the field test company and the officers who weren't fully trained to administer it.

Oh, also further proof that you never talk to cops or consent to searches.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:01 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Cops lie and cover for other cops. Maybe that would stop it and get rid of the bad ones.
Really, you just figured that out? Politicians do the same, family, friends, lovers, teachers, everyone LIES and covers for everyone at some time in their life. You focus on taking everything away from one group for a few POS's. Thats just dumb.. It doesnt solve anything but **** people off..
It wont stop human nature... Survival.. That is how some survive, and its unfortunate.
Would you rat out a Drug dealer in your neighborhood? Would you call the Feds on a very powerful person in your neighborhood for doing something illegal, when you know darn well there will be repercussions? Many will say yes, but I call BS>.

Old 11-26-2018, 02:40 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Yes, Sue the city PD. Thats right, get everything she can. But, what will you do when your taxes go up to pay for LEO salarys etc after city was financially exhausted.
Thereis a small city near me in SC that lost its PD due to funding, because of illegal crap the PD was doing. Well, they have no PD now and they must ask a county sheriff to patrol.
They effectively have no PD..
The lady is owed an apology, pay and some monetary help for pain and suffering. But not millions. I would like to see the whole story, what else was in the car, her record or anything else.. There is always more to the story.
Abuse of power will never end until the abusers feel the pain. That's why any award for this woman should come out of the pockets of the offenders.

Old 11-26-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
I hope the woman gets reimbursed for all her trouble, but this wasn't an issue of the War on Drugs.
Without the war on drugs LE would have no reason to arrest this women for having cotton candy.

Old 11-26-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Except you are wrong - one of these things is not like the other!

I'm amazed that many fail to see "shades" of so many things.

I'm not going to educate you, but if you truly care look up:

1. The number of human beings in states that have legalized rec. or completely decrimed rec use....and whether these are red or blue.

2. Polling on the matter (hint: VASTLY better numbers among Dems and Independents)....

It's important to keep an open mind. If 78% of Democrats favor legalization and 50% of Republicans, that's a vast difference. False equivalency is not a smart way to look at the world.
This is true. Now help me remember the last time a Democrat president proposed that we end the war on drugs.

And help me remember when the last time the Dems in congress submitted and supported an end to the war on drugs.

So don't try to tell us that Dems support ending the war on drugs or even legalization of weed.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:01 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
This is true. Now help me remember the last time a Democrat president proposed that we end the war on drugs.

And help me remember when the last time the Dems in congress submitted and supported an end to the war on drugs.

So don't try to tell us that Dems support ending the war on drugs or even legalization of weed.
This brings up a point that is never addressed, and it makes both of you right. I think it is a communication problem.

To wit: When craigiri says that Dems support legalization more so that Republicans, I am pretty sure he/she is referring to registered voters, not lawmakers. However, you are referring to Democrat lawmakers. Neither they nor the Republicans will vote in congress to legalize it until the last possible political moment, regardless of public opinion, because of the tremendous amount of money they will personally lose from the lobbyists the day they POP (Pivot On Pot). That's why we've been at such an impasse on this issue for so long.

Also, none of us should lose perspective here. It really wasn't that long ago that a politician even mentioning the legalization of marijuana was committing an act of political suicide. There's plenty of residue from that attitude still lingering around.

Last edited by Raddo; 11-26-2018 at 03:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies