Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 11:07 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
The school system in your town is highly regarded because it is full of people who value education.

If you inserted a large number of people who do not value it, then the system would suffer.

It's the parents, not the peers.
Other than the last sentence, I’m not sure you said anything different than I did.

As to the last sentence, to say it is “not the peers”, is false. They play a huge role. At the same time, it is the parents that make a conscious decision to immerse their children with whatever type of peers they surround them with.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:09 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Other than the last sentence, I’m not sure you said anything different than I did.

As to the last sentence, to say it is “not the peers”, is false. They play a huge role. At the same time, it is the parents that make a conscious decision to immerse their children with whatever type of peers they surround them with.
The peers are the community.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:13 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You forgot "Warmonger" and top supporter of the Military Industrial Complex. But we'll allow you those oversights.

Just what we need - more Neo-cons......
Where necessary, as in crushing Islamic terrorist expansionism, war mongering is correct, rational, positive, beneficial, desirable, and good. As for the Military Industrial Complex and it's magnificent development and deployment of high grade weapons and expertise to keep us safe from the tyrannical regimes of the world, I applaud it, I laud it, I approve of it, I encourage it, and I want more, bigger, better and more lethal weaponry to keep the irrational 3rd world in its place, and out of our place. How does that grab you?

Ben For President 2020!

Old 11-28-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
The school system in your town is highly regarded because it is full of people who value education.

If you inserted a large number of people who do not value it, then the system would suffer.

It's the parents, not the peers.

It's both. The parents select the peers. And select proximity to other parents who will supply and encourage good peers with correct values. The bigger message is that we SELECT and BUILD the lives that we want. That is what the BS "have nots" need to learn. Copy the haves. Reject and discard aspects of your culture that don't reflect the morality and integrity of the haves. Be willing to admit where your culture is deficient, throw those parts away, and adapt the best parts of other cultures. In other words: THINK FOR YOURSELF and REJECT YOUR TRIBE where necessary. Do what the good tribes do. They are nice enough to provide an open book that shows how success is achieved. Do what they do, not what your tribe tells you to do that has failed in the past.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:21 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
It's both. The parents select the peers. And select proximity to other parents who will supply and encourage good peers with correct values. The bigger message is that we SELECT and BUILD the lives that we want. That is what the BS "have nots" need to learn. Copy the haves. Reject and discard aspects of your culture that don't reflect the morality and integrity of the haves. Be willing to admit where your culture is deficient, throw those parts away, and adapt the best parts of other cultures. In other words: THINK FOR YOURSELF and REJECT YOUR TRIBE where necessary. Do what the good tribes do. They are nice enough to provide an open book that shows how success is achieved. Do what they do, not what your tribe tells you to do that has failed in the past.
A lot to like in that statement.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:22 AM

628 posts, read 663,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You act as if a good thing is a bad thing. You could probably find the same types of stats among Japanese Americans or Taiwanese Americans.

We really cannot help it if others are willfully ignorant. Of course, we have tried for MANY generations to lift other up, often at the expense of our lives. Civil Rights workers in the South trying to school the ex-Confederates in being decent were murdered. Many (most?) were Jewish.

It is not the fault of decent people that others are often not. This is not to claim that most of Americans are ignorant, but enough are to skew the figures greatly.

Pull back the covers on many poor white folks and you will see things you don't want to see. Abuse in the family, drunkenness, lack of multi-generational education, violence of all types and much more.

Is it surprising that people who didn't get drunk even once in their lives are 10X as successful as those who binge drink? Not to me. That's just one example...when I was 18 I knew booze made you dumb. It's simply chemistry - that is what it does to your brain. Do "Gentiles" know the same? Mormons do, and they are successful to a degree that defies all stats.

Frankly, it seems as if you are reaching for the reasons "why and how" when they are right in front of your face.

Just about everything you need to learn in life is told in children's books and fables. I myself was influenced by this story - my suggestion is that you take it heart and spread it.
--------

A young boy of about 11 wanted more than anything to have big muscles. Yet he was a skinny runt. He was told that a special teacher and trainer over the hill could give him what he wanted, so he went to visit the man.

The man was very busy at the time and told the kid to wait on the porch - and, oh, there were some logs in the sawbuck and would he please cut some rounds for firewood. Of course, the kid did so because he wanted an audience with the man who could give him muscles and strength. Day after day, the kid came back and the man still didn't have the time to give him the course in muscles, but the kid was adamant about learning and kept on coming back (persistence furthers). Day after day, the kid spent an hour waiting for nothing and passed the time sawing some firewood on the porch.

Well, you have probably already caught onto the story! A few months later the 11 year old was fully muscled...from sawing logs! No need to train or talk to the man.....you do.

Or, to quote Yoda, there is no try. Do or not Do.
Okay thanks for that. It was interesting. But off topic. My main argument is that Jews use their influence to prop up other Jews to positions of power/wealth. This is at the expense of other ethnicities who are just as capable. Your post assumes that only Jews are capable. Let’s not forget it was Christian whites who created the societies that Jews for the most part are hosted in.

For the record I’m not against it - I’m fine with looking out for ones own. but whites don’t play tribal games and that is where much of the animosity comes from. These tribal games are largely why they have been expelled from almost every host country they’ve been in throughout history. Is some of it racism and envy? Sure. But with statistics like this it’s also people calling bs on the tribe.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:31 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Okay thanks for that. It was interesting. But off topic. My main argument is that Jews use their influence to prop up other Jews to positions of power/wealth. This is at the expense of other ethnicities who are just as capable. Your post assumes that only Jews are capable. Let’s not forget it was Christian whites who created the societies that Jews for the most part are hosted in.

For the record I’m not against it - I’m fine with looking out for ones own. but whites don’t play tribal games and that is where much of the animosity comes from. These tribal games are largely why they have been expelled from almost every host country they’ve been in throughout history. Is some of it racism and envy? Sure. But with statistics like this it’s also people calling bs on the tribe.

Had to lol on the bold.

Will note - Jews are white and according to you they "play tribal games."

The Irish and Italians and Greeks and Germans, etc. are white and have a history of and continue to "play tribal games" in this nation just like non white people and Jews.

It is just that ethnic "white" organizations are overlooked by you all and that is why you may not notice it (though I have a feeling you probably are aware of this history).

All ethnic groups in America have a history of sticking together and looking out for community members. Not just Jews.

Christian whites especially looked out for themselves when they started this country and decided it was in their best interests to enslave people who were not white Christians. FYI - prior to the establishment of chattel slavery religion was a huge component in allowing natives and Africans to become "free." If they joined a church/religion, they could earn their freedom. They had to conform with what the white Christian wanted "play by their tribal rules" just to be free. By the 1700s the association of freedom being for Christians was removed and replaced only with "white." But if ethnic whites didn't stick together, why are there still ethnic European organizations in America today? (note I have a "Bavarian club" down the street from my house that has a large voting block and they provide cultural education to their children/grandchildren about the ethnic roots, similar to Jews do and they are not Jewish).

Old 11-28-2018, 11:43 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Where necessary, as in crushing Islamic terrorist expansionism, war mongering is correct, rational, positive, beneficial, desirable, and good. As for the Military Industrial Complex and it's magnificent development and deployment of high grade weapons and expertise to keep us safe from the tyrannical regimes of the world, I applaud it, I laud it, I approve of it, I encourage it, and I want more, bigger, better and more lethal weaponry to keep the irrational 3rd world in its place, and out of our place. How does that grab you?

Ben For President 2020!

If there's any proof that Jewish people don't prop up their own when given a choice of someone who does not support their values but shares their faith/ethnicity and someone who does support their values but is of a different background, it's this. I can't imagine how I would be able to in good conscience vote for Ben Shapiro for dogcatcher, much less president. Mine is not a minority opinion among Jewish Americans.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:44 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Had to lol on the bold.

Will note - Jews are white and according to you they "play tribal games."

The Irish and Italians and Greeks and Germans, etc. are white and have a history of and continue to "play tribal games" in this nation just like non white people and Jews.

It is just that ethnic "white" organizations are overlooked by you all and that is why you may not notice it (though I have a feeling you probably are aware of this history).

All ethnic groups in America have a history of sticking together and looking out for community members. Not just Jews.

Christian whites especially looked out for themselves when they started this country and decided it was in their best interests to enslave people who were not white Christians. FYI - prior to the establishment of chattel slavery religion was a huge component in allowing natives and Africans to become "free." If they joined a church/religion, they could earn their freedom. They had to conform with what the white Christian wanted "play by their tribal rules" just to be free. By the 1700s the association of freedom being for Christians was removed and replaced only with "white." But if ethnic whites didn't stick together, why are there still ethnic European organizations in America today? (note I have a "Bavarian club" down the street from my house that has a large voting block and they provide cultural education to their children/grandchildren about the ethnic roots, similar to Jews do and they are not Jewish).

I've found that when people have a problem with people who are not white, they tend to group Jews among the other.

I joke that I'm "off-white." Benefit from all the white privilege, but am just too different for the type who crow about how white privilege doesn't exist.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post

All groups promote their own, but the magnificent success of the Jewish people, and the Asian people, and the Indian people, suggests that there is much more at work than nepotism.

And that "much more" is the use of reason, logic, morality, problem solving rather than blaming, emphasizing education and hard work, and just a general good approach to life, with respect for proper behaviors at the proper times.

You can't knock it down by smearing it as mere nepotism. That just doesn't reflect reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies