Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 03:09 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You are wrong again:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...n-in-the-1960s

The wealth gap is worse today. And that is a direct result of the state encouraging fatherless households and destroying the 2 parent family.

And until different choices are made, and babies stop being produced out of wedlock, nothing can change, and nothing will change.
This is 100% correct. All issues come down to the breakdown of the nuclear family.

When the government pays America’s underclass to have kids out of wedlock, then that’s exactly what they’re going to do. Single parent households make more money, have less taxes, and have more benefits when a father is not around than if both low income parents are working.

It’s very simple, poor people like money, and it’s more beneficial to have kids with no father around. Not beneficial for the kids who will be trapped in perpetual poverty and a fatherless household, but beneficial and rewarding to their parents who have made poor choices and want the easiest money possible.

Black conservative Thomas Sowell explains it:
Quote:
The black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life.”
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262...a-john-perazzo

Old 11-29-2018, 03:11 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What in the world are you talking about....."first generation of Americans born free." Certainly your parents weren't slaves in the 1850s?

No, as noted, you must not have read my previous post. I am the first generation of my family born post the climax of the Civil Rights Movement. Meaning my generation of black Americans (I am considered by many to be an "old" Millennial - I am 39 years old) was the first to have equal opportunities with whites in America based on the long fight that started prior to 1850 I'd add. I have voting rights, ability to educate my children how I see fit, live where I want to live, property rights, protection of the law (to an extent - it is not common today that a white mob could come burn down my business and kill me because they think I'm too "uppity" and the criminal justice system would overlook it - I highly doubt that that would occur today - it was not rare in the past for this to occur). I feel very blessed to literally be an answered prayer of my ancestors - something my own grandmother stressed to me - that the opportunities I will have in my life are things my ancestors prayed for and for me to take advantage of them (the main one she said was the ability to truly love my children without fear of them taken away from me - this is something that impacts what I stated earlier in that I see my family and close friends as the most important things in my life).

Old 11-29-2018, 04:10 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
This is 100% correct. All issues come down to the breakdown of the nuclear family.

When the government pays America’s underclass to have kids out of wedlock, then that’s exactly what they’re going to do. Single parent households make more money, have less taxes, and have more benefits when a father is not around than if both low income parents are working.

It’s very simple, poor people like money, and it’s more beneficial to have kids with no father around. Not beneficial for the kids who will be trapped in perpetual poverty and a fatherless household, but beneficial and rewarding to their parents who have made poor choices and want the easiest money possible.

Black conservative Thomas Sowell explains it:
Maybe fodder for another thread...and no sane person is going to disagree that giving bonuses for children is a bad idea. BUT, remember - the idea of popping out kids is VERY "conservative", that is....part of religions that tell people how to live (no birth control, woman is for having kids, etc. etc.).

We also have the past where children were needed for income and farming. You don't have to go back too far to see this....even mid-20th century it was true for many.

I know many people from Irish and similar families that had 6-10 kids. Many "conservative christians" have very large families - and lord know, they don't have the incomes to support them. That's why certain states use 2X the money that they pay in (mostly Red States...you know, "conservative").

These are complex problems. You have to add lynching, Jim Crow and all the rest to the mix. Your "very simple" and "100%" is anything but. You seem to think that because you see ONE item, that is all it is about. No. The Irish family with 10 kids with the drunk father who beat his wife - somehow the next generation or two succeeds? Why?

My neighbor is one of 10 Irish kids - they were dirt poor and lived in basically one room. He is a multi-millionaire.

Lots to this, my friend. Don't buy what "scholars" say about complexities of history. You need many chess moves in every direction to make some sense of it. Looking at a result and saying "Ah, it was cold yesterday so global warming must be a hoax" is not worthy of our species.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I halfway agree with you. But you do realize that Judaism is a "more-materialistic" religion. And that Christians had been heavily opposed to usury for almost all of its history, pretty much until the rise of capitalism. But capitalism came more out of necessity than anything else(IE power, self-preservation, etc).
So, you are basically saying that capitalism, interest rates, investment, higher standards of living, trade and all the rest - are BAD BAD BAD.

And, pray tell, for the 7+ Billion People on earth, what is a good way? Islam? The Hindu way? Russian Oligarchy?

You must have an example that - say - one billion people on the earth are living under? This would make things simple instead of hearing your continuous spewing of mein kampf or whatever.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:19 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's a historical quirk. Nothing more.
The second problem with the Jewish religion, is that it is literally a supremacist religion. As you know, the Jews imagine themselves the "chosen people of god". And the rules that apply to themselves, don't apply to everyone else. Basically, according the religion itself, non-Jews are fundamentally a second-class citizen. And to lie, cheat, and exploit "Goyim" is perfectly acceptable. In fact, god wants you to do it.

Islam has the same problem. They also differentiate Muslims from the "Kuffar". And you can exploit them, lie to them, mistreat them, tax them, and even kill them. And god sanctions it.

Judaism and Islam thinks of non-believers like dogs. Sub-humans. Not brothers. Not equals.

"Let the Jews boast, that God has sanctified them through his Law, and chosen them before all people as his peculiar nation.

Such is also the glory of the Jews when they boast in their schools, praise and thank god that he has sanctified them through his law and made them his chosen nation, while they are well aware that they are keeping none of those things, are filled with pride, envy, usury, avarice and all meanness, and most of all those among them who act very pious and holy in their prayers.

For they are so blinded that they do not only practice usury (that I should be silent about their other vices), but teach it as a right which God had commanded them through Moses." - Martin Luther, 1543

Old 11-29-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So, you are basically saying that capitalism, interest rates, investment, higher standards of living, trade and all the rest - are BAD BAD BAD.

And, pray tell, for the 7+ Billion People on earth, what is a good way? Islam? The Hindu way? Russian Oligarchy?

You must have an example that - say - one billion people on the earth are living under? This would make things simple instead of hearing your continuous spewing of mein kampf or whatever.
I wish you would all read Mikhail Bakunin.

Rousseau's Theory of the State

Quote:
"The existence of one sovereign, exclusionary State necessarily supposes the existence and, if need be, provokes the formation of other such States, since it is quite natural that individuals who find themselves outside it and are threatened by it in their existence and in their liberty, should, in their turn, associate themselves against it. We thus have humanity divided into an indefinite number of foreign states, all hostile and threatened by each other. There is no common right, no social contract of any kind between them; otherwise they would cease to be independent states and become the federated members of one great state. But unless this great state were to embrace all of humanity, it would be confronted with other great states, each federated within, each maintaining the same posture of inevitable hostility. War would still remain the supreme law, an unavoidable condition of human survival.

Every state, federated or not, would therefore seek to become the most powerful. It must devour lest it be devoured, conquer lest it be conquered, enslave lest it be enslaved." - Mikhail Bakunin

As Karl Marx explains, "Money has become a world power". But what does that mean?

Basically, why did America become a superpower? Why is China becoming a superpower?

If you're too poor to defend yourself, you get killed and colonized by people with money/weapons/technology, just ask the Native-Americans.

But that isn't a question of right or wrong, it is only a question of power.

The #1 priority of every government on this planet is "economic-growth". That is true of democracies, communist dictatorships, fascist governments, Kingdoms, Principalities, Theocracies, and everywhere else.

Capitalism is a great way to make money, but the power of fiat currency system to basically print money out of thin-air, manipulate its value, and buy up the resources of the world, is almost never mentioned. And that is why effectively every country on Earth uses the same system.

It is pointless to talk about right and wrong, or best or worst, so long as the only thing that matters in this world is money. Capitalism, central banks, corporatism, and Keynesian-economics is the greatest money-creator on the planet. And so that is what will be done, because that is all that can be done.

Quote:
"Among savages, mere physical strength, on the part of one man, may enable him to rob, enslave, or kill another man. Among barbarians, mere physical strength, on the part of a body of men, disciplined, and acting in concert, though with very little money or other wealth, may, under some circumstances, enable them to rob, enslave, or kill another body of men, as numerous, or perhaps even more numerous, than themselves. And among both savages and barbarians, mere want may sometimes compel one man to sell himself as a slave to another. But with (so-called) civilized peoples, among whom knowledge, wealth, and the means of acting in concert, have become diffused; and who have invented such weapons and other means of defense as to render mere physical strength of less importance; and by whom soldiers in any requisite number, and other instrumentalities of war in any requisite amount, can always be had for money, the question of war, and consequently the question of power, is little else than a mere question of money. As a necessary consequence, those who stand ready to furnish this money, are the real rulers. It is so in Europe, and it is so in this country." - Lysander Spooner, 1868
http://praxeology.net/LS-NT-6.htm

Old 11-29-2018, 04:37 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
ITA with the bold and I agree with the college assessment.

However, I'll note that I know a lot of college grads and many of them aren't very smart IMO (some I wonder how the hell they got a degree and I've even become kind of wary of hiring people from certain colleges who nearly all their grads when I hired them couldn't read or write very well IMO - this was a large, well thought of public college too BTW).

And I can agree about IQ correlating with getting a college degree as well; but as I noted, IQ measures what it wants to measure based on the society. There is no clearly defined definition of "intelligence" and what constitutes "intelligence" in one culture or country may not be important in another. College is also not something that even some "smart" people believe is important to them in their lives. Neither is money.

IMO most people invested in IQ/Success theories are more than likely people like the previous poster who I quoted who value money over everything life has to offer. A large amount of us (Jews included) are not fully in agreement with that sentiment and so chose not to go into high paying fields.

FWIW, I was in a program when I was younger to become a physician. It was a program focused on getting more black students into medicine. I enjoyed math/science and school in general at the time I entered the program (in high school) but I got burned out on it and on school and when I researched becoming a physician - especially in regards to the hours that they have to work and the fact that many don't get holidays off work in their earlier years in the fields, I decided that it was not for me. I initially was attracted by the money, but luckily I realized in my 20s that money isn't everything and when I die, in my obituary, I don't want it referencing my money, I want it referencing my life and the way I lived and impacted others on a day to day basis. I felt I could do more as a person by having more time to myself and not being in debt or working 10-12 hours shifts just to prove something to other people about me as an individual (in having that title) or to society in regards to my money. I love my life and don't regret not becoming a physician.
The general statement "Ashkenanzi Jews have higher average IQ scores, are more likely to have college degrees, and are thus more likely to have a higher income" is factual, and says nothing negative about any other individual or group. As I stated before, we do not need to qualify the general statement because we already used terms like "average" and "likely" indicating we are talking about statistics and not in absolutes.

Additionally, your supposition that doctors, lawyers, college graduates are either stupid and only in it for the money are also NOT FACTUAL nor necessary. Your anecdotes do not trump actual facts.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:37 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Maybe fodder for another thread...and no sane person is going to disagree that giving bonuses for children is a bad idea. BUT, remember - the idea of popping out kids is VERY "conservative", that is....part of religions that tell people how to live (no birth control, woman is for having kids, etc. etc.).
Yes having kids can be considered a conservative ideal... Having kids after and within a marriage.

But that's for another discussion.

Last edited by Rocko20; 11-29-2018 at 04:49 PM..

Old 11-29-2018, 04:41 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Already spoke about IQ - it measures what certain segments of a country/society feel is important.
You keeps saying that and it is not factual.

IQ tests do not vary from society to society. Logically if that were the case IQ tests used in the US would need to be different than those used in Asia.

In fact IQ tests measure multiple intelligences, things like processing speed, pattern recognition, quantitative reasoning and many more. They are not knowledge tests and are not designed to measure something that varies from one society to another.

And while there are certainly valid criticisms of IQ and what they do and do not measure, your statements are just plain old fashioned wrong.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think you are looking at the old European Christian nations through rose colored glasses. Kings, Queens, aristocracy, Catholic vs Protestant, etc, etc, etc. In these Christian societies, you had extreme wealth in an extreme minority, dictated entirely by bloodline. The Christian religion was used to control the masses, keeping them in line, while glorifying their poverty, so they wouldn’t crave what the aristocrats had.
Who was defending feudalism? You do realize that there is a real-world equivalent of the Christianity I am talking about, right here in America. The Amish. Not only do they not have Kings, they don't even have a church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think capitalism is a much better system. Anyone can become aristocracy, based on accomplishments rather than bloodline. If, in your opinion, that is “Jewish” of me, then I am proud of the label.
Fine, you think capitalism is good. I'm happy for you. I think capitalism is evil, and communism is even more evil.

Capitalism is globalism. It is anti-morality, and it is anti-god. It is materialistic and worldly, and it doesn't even make people happy. It turns people into selfish, narcissistic degenerates. And while the capitalist is terrified of death, life has no more meaning than today's pleasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies