Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 07:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,369,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick enough View Post
"from what i understand", and where did you go to get this enlightening info?

As chief executor and the commander in chief he is the ultimate authority and has the authority to declassify anything he wants.

I leaned that in high school.

You must be liberal public school "educated"

why in the world do so many people on here with zero knowledge of the subjects always make such statements making themselves look so foolish when it is so easy today to do a little research before posting.

It blows my mind!

"he thinks he has more power then he really does"

you think you know more then he does about what his authority is.

I wouldn't so eager to make accusatory statements when you have proven you know nothing on the subject.

How does that crow taste?
link???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 10:02 PM

32,057 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Go Trump! Drain that nasty swamp!
But he is the swamp. Here we have a president who threatens the other party if they investigate him. What president does that lol. What is he scared of.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:10 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
The help Trump received from Russia to get him elected makes him an illegitimate President in my eyes. You Gullibles can love him all you want. He’s not MY President.
Now is your chance to PROVE what you claim, "The help Trump received from Russia to get him elected".

Mueller has been trying for 2 yeas and as of yet NOTING but, of course YOU know MOE then he does.

And oh, be SPECIFIC, no, maybe, I think, everyone knows, it has been reported, etc., just FACTS.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:19 AM

Quote:
link???
If people are going to make claims as the poster who I responded did, it is UP TO THEM TO PROVED THE INFO TO BACK IT UP.

Common knowledge taught in high school should NOT require a "link"

Besides it is easily found if you know how to use the internet but, as we see often on here, people make these types of statements BEFORE they bother to fact check their ON thoughts.

The ONLY "link" I will provide YOU is, I HELD a VERY high TS clearance and know MORE then you and the poster I responded to will EVER KNOW about the handling of classified material.

Who issued YOU your TS clearance?

Old 12-03-2018, 09:14 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,369,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If people are going to make claims as the poster who I responded did, it is UP TO THEM TO PROVED THE INFO TO BACK IT UP.

Common knowledge taught in high school should NOT require a "link"

Besides it is easily found if you know how to use the internet but, as we see often on here, people make these types of statements BEFORE they bother to fact check their ON thoughts.

The ONLY "link" I will provide YOU is, I HELD a VERY high TS clearance and know MORE then you and the poster I responded to will EVER KNOW about the handling of classified material.

Who issued YOU your TS clearance?
Baloney! If you are going to make such statements (that I never learned in my private, upscale HS), they you better be prepared to show a link.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Baloney! If you are going to make such statements (that I never learned in my private, upscale HS), they you better be prepared to show a link.
AND if you are going to CHALLENGE YOU HAVE to PROVE the basis of YOUR CHALLENGE!

I note your LACK of backing up what you "understand", You said, "From what I understand", and I replied, '"And where did you go to get this enlightening info?

Wher is YOUR info?

You CAN'T but you accept any and all things told to you by people who ALSO don't know what they are talking about WITHOUT FACT CHECKING WHAT YOU ARE TOLD!

Being you want to make a fool of yourself, I WILL OBLIGE.

"Trump has legal authority to declassify intelligence"

(I picked ABC just show it is NOT from FOX.)

"Executive Order 13526 (maybe you should have looked it up)

As president, Trump has the legal power to declassify information. He also has the authority to share information with whomever he wants, including foreign adversaries. "

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=47436559

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13526

Sec. 1.3.Classification Authority. 

(a) The authority to classify information originally may be exercised only by:
(1) the President and the Vice President;

PART 3 — DECLASSIFICATION AND DOWNGRADING

Sec. 3.1.Authority for Declassification. 

(a) Information shall be declassified as soon as it no longer meets the standards for classification under this order. (b) Information shall be declassified or downgraded by:
(1) the official who authorized the original classification, if that official is still serving in the same position and has original classification authority; (2) the originator's current successor in function, if that individual has original classification authority; (1) the President and the Vice President; (2) agency heads and officials designated by the President; and (3) United States Government officials delegated this authority pursuant to paragraph (c) of this section."

How does that crow taste with a SECOND HELPING?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 12-04-2018 at 05:34 AM..

Old 12-04-2018, 05:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
The question should be, why were these things classified in the first place?, the back and forth about Trump is just pointless, when 'someone' apparently classified these documents long before Trump was president...THAT is where the anger and outrage should be directed.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:55 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The question should be, why were these things classified in the first place?, the back and forth about Trump is just pointless, when 'someone' apparently classified these documents long before Trump was president...THAT is where the anger and outrage should be directed.
Firtly there is nothing that is going to exonerate Trump or his administration and the process through which the FBI determines whether a FISA warrant is justified is meant to remain classified.

Trumps sole reason for wanting the FISA document released his to try to prove that the FBI relied on Steele's document as the main evidence.

Russia Investigation: Donald Trump Warned by British MI6 That Declassifying Documents Would Undermine Intelligence - Newsweek

However the former Head of MI6 (the rea life 'M' of James Bond fame) Sir Richard Dearlove also believed Steele's dossier to be credible.

'Dirty dossier' on Donald Trump is probably credible, says former MI6 boss - The Telegraph

The fact that there was a FISA warrant issues and an investigation started is now rather irrelevant in most peoples minds and it's certainly not worth undermining intelligence links with a number of countries including those in five eyes.

It's also well known that numerous western intelligence agencies had already expressed concerns long before the Steele dossier including Britain's GCHQ, and then you had the George Papadopoulos, and the Australian tip off and now details are emerging of the Stone Connection in relation to Wikileaks and Assange, the meetings at Trump Tower and Steve Bannon who was Vice President of Cambridge Analytica, a company being investigated for election fraud in the UK by the National Crime Agency.

In terms of GCHQ part of it's role in the UKUSA Agreement/Five Eyes is to specifically listen in to Russian Targets, and it noticed links and communications between known Russian targets and the Trump Campaign and it was GCHQ who were first to pint this out to the US, although later numerous other western intelligence agencies also expressed concerns and passed information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian

The European countries that passed on electronic intelligence – known as sigint – included Germany, Estonia and Poland. Australia, a member of the “Five Eyes” spying alliance that also includes the US, UK, Canada and New Zealand, also relayed material, one source said.

Another source suggested the Dutch and the French spy agency, the General Directorate for External Security or DGSE, were contributors.

According to the BBC, the justice department’s request came after a tipoff from an intelligence agency in one of the Baltic states. This is believed to be Estonia.

British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia | The Guardian

Alexander Downer's secret meeting with FBI led to Trump-Russia inquiry - The Guardian
This was all well befor Steele and his dossier came on the scene or Cambridge Analyticas involvement was uncovered, and long before links to wikileaks and Assange were uncovevered or meeting in Tarump Tower.

This nonsense regarding declassification is down to Devin Nunes, who British Intelligence basically told to go away when he came over to London earlier this year.

U.S. Congressman Nunes sought meeting with UK spy chiefs in London - Reuters

Last edited by Brave New World; 12-04-2018 at 08:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies