Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 01:24 PM

2,362 posts, read 778,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Keeping your OWN MONEY
It's not your own money. Just because it's temporarily in your bank account does not make it yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 01:39 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Keeping your OWN MONEY is not GETTING anything , and its certainly not a "freebie". Its compensation for your WORK. Are you really this dense?
Let's take this away from you and watch you screech because you can't afford your health insurance without the government giving you a great big tax free handout every year. Because no one can afford un-subsidized health insurance, not even you. If you think you can, go on COBRA for a few months. That's what your health insurance would cost without that nice, big, juicy government handout of tax free benefits.

No one would whine louder than those mooches taking this benefit every year while calling everyone else a mooch.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:42 PM

19,639 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Article I Sections 8/9, it is not within any of the powers delegated to the Federal Government. That which is not expressly authorized to the federal govt is NOT ALLOWED. Why do you not know this? Not an American? Skipped "Government" class? What's your excuse for not understanding how our federal govt was chartered?

Keeping your OWN MONEY is not GETTING anything , and its certainly not a "freebie". Its compensation for your WORK. Are you really this dense?
You pay income taxes on the rest of your work compensation, why exempt the health insurance premium? It is a special deal, tax exempt income, that we as employees with insurance are allowed by the government. At least I admit it. But I want people who don't get that benefit to have a deal too, without being called names.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You pay income taxes on the rest of your work compensation, why exempt the health insurance premium? It is a special deal, tax exempt income, that we as employees with insurance are allowed by the government. At least I admit it. But I want people who don't get that benefit to have a deal too, without being called names.
Thank you. I am so sick of being called a leech for wanting the same benefit that they have been enjoying for decades now.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:19 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Thank you. I am so sick of being called a leech for wanting the same benefit that they have been enjoying for decades now.
Keeping your own money isn't a benefit. Its just the outcome of not being robbed by the Government, in this example, to give it to moochers.

This is a nation of thieves.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:20 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
They, people who work for companies who get a health insurance benefit?
Get a job with a company that gets health insurance benefits.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
They, people who work for companies who get a health insurance benefit?
Get a job with a company that gets health insurance benefits.
That doesn't solve the problem and you are saying there should be no independent contractors or self employed people if they cannot afford expensive individual insurance. So we are slaves to certain companies, and stuck in jobs because this country decades back stupidly got employers mixed up with our health care, and stayed with that ridiculous system.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Keeping your own money isn't a benefit. Its just the outcome of not being robbed by the Government, in this example, to give it to moochers.

This is a nation of thieves.
So why do you accept getting taxed on the rest of your income? Sounds like you should be working under the table since you don't believe in paying taxes.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:17 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We're going into our 4th year of the ACA, and I'm extremely grateful too. I remember back in the 80s and 90s when we couldn't afford health insurance except for catastrophic.
That is what the OP has now. Nothing covered until they fork out $8K if sick.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
That is what the OP has now. Nothing covered until they fork out $8K if sick.
Not true. She has a yearly preventative care visit, which includes an annual checkup and blood work and screening tests, all free of charge. And she has the peace of mind of knowing that if she ends up in the hospital, she will be covered. If she has to pay down an $8,000 deductible, it's much more manageable than paying down a hospital bill of hundreds of thousands of dollars. And she knows that she can never be denied coverage due to a preexisting condition, which just about every one of us has in some form or another.

If you've never gone without health insurance you have no idea what that peace of mind is worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies