Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 07:55 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times

Advertisements

Police on police crime? I wonder how a bleeding heart liberal would spin that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 10:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I’m a liberal. I’m not spinning anything.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Pretty sure this was the plot of an original "Law & Oder" back in the 90s.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:44 PM

702 posts, read 540,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I'm not a liberal, but as a leftist I think it's extremely funny. I wish it happened more. I wish 100% of the people that the cops beat the pess out of were other cops.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:12 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Does it involve looting local businesses and burning down buildings. In other words, a typical peaceful protest.
Protests that spiral into violence make the news precisely because they are not typical. Do you think people look for news stories that start with "Thousands of airplanes did not crash today"?

What can be done? Rigorous screening to ensure that prospective LEOs are psychologically fit for the work, and continued monitoring and support to make sure they don't become too cynical or burned out, for a start. Greater accountability would be good, too.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:56 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Protests that spiral into violence make the news precisely because they are not typical. Do you think people look for news stories that start with "Thousands of airplanes did not crash today"?

What can be done? Rigorous screening to ensure that prospective LEOs are psychologically fit for the work, and continued monitoring and support to make sure they don't become too cynical or burned out, for a start. Greater accountability would be good, too.
Agreed. Some accountability would be nice. Way too many don't hold LE accountable.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:31 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Does it involve looting local businesses and burning down buildings. In other words, a typical peaceful protest.
Would not be surprised if the ones burning down buildings are plants from those that want shut the protests down. They have been busted before starting violence at protests.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uhhh...police abuse is happening all across this country in areas represented by both parties.

I can site all kinds of examples in conservative areas like East and West Texas, Georgia and Alabama. Not to mention how when these cops are caught, Conservatives throw their bodies in front of the police as human shields from prosecution. It ain’t just the Democrat protected police unions and you know it.

What do I propose? You’re not prepared to hear my answer, so don’t ask. And it ain’t singing We Shall Overcome Someday while marching down the street.
In another similar thread that happened in Alabama it was dismissed as being "Alabama". You are correct that this is still a problem nearly everywhere.

There were protests and obviously nothing was learned by those protests. Perhaps we need to learn from France.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:00 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
I’m a liberal. I’m not spinning anything.
Of course you are. Here is your first spin comment that you can't prove "Conservatives throw their bodies in front of the police as human shields from prosecution. "

Just something you made up because your big government policies are known failures. But you don't spin, right? lol

btw Where were your posts holding Obama accountable? You talk a good game. That's just it, it's all talk. Hypocritical at that.
The OP couldn't have come about because the victim is black did it? Had to ask since you spin things enough.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:36 AM

78,452 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Uhhh...police abuse is happening all across this country in areas represented by both parties.

I can site all kinds of examples in conservative areas like East and West Texas, Georgia and Alabama. Not to mention how when these cops are caught, Conservatives throw their bodies in front of the police as human shields from prosecution. It ain’t just the Democrat protected police unions and you know it.

What do I propose? You’re not prepared to hear my answer, so don’t ask. And it ain’t singing We Shall Overcome Someday while marching down the street.
The major metro police forces have incredibly strong unions, traditions and tight ties with city leadership.

Much more so than in some less urban areas, most of which don't even have a union.

Point in fact, those urban police forces kept body cameras off officers for much longer than other parts of the country and there were many news articles addressing this stall tactic.

You want to talk about the Chicago cops? Guy put an entire clip into unarmed Laquan McDonald, they covered it up even paying his family something like 6-7million (Gee I wonder whom has the authority to make that sort of payout?) You think less urban areas could just scrape up 6-7million without people noticing? Newspaper finally broke the story and almost 2 years after the shooting they started arresting cops who had been working that whole time. NOBODY ELSE GOT AFFECTED, superintendent just retired, Rahm Emanuel got away with it.

Come on man, you telling me with a straight face that the LAPD for example is no worse, no dirtier than most other parts of the country? Come on now, be real.

Could you tell me with a straight face that the Laquan McDonald cover-up could have happened in say...Plano, TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies