Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 05:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
You don't have a proposal, just like the black community activists in the inner cities don't have a proposal for the thousands of young black men gunned down by other young black men or the ridiculous crime rate in their areas.
You don’t have a proposal either. Not one. Even if I did have a proposal, why would I tell you? You ain’t black! If you want to talk about black on black violence, create your own thread.

Unfortunately (for you), this thread is about 4 officers beating up the wrong black guy. Wanna address that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Here let me sum it up for you as easily as I can.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...352661521.html

Jesse taking on the cops....and stopping right there. I guess Rahm and his administration knew absolutely nothing about the $5million payoff.....

If it had been Plano TX or Ferguson....they'd have gone hard after the mayor, city council etc. (and did).

Political shielding. Some places have it.....others don't.
I don’t believe you. They all have it. You have more faith in the system than I do. I have none. If you wear a badge or work anywhere within the criminal justice system, you’re untrustworthy until proved otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 06:21 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Police on police crime? I wonder how a bleeding heart liberal would spin that.

I wonder how a Trump supporter would spin it so the blame falls on the victim?

Old 12-07-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I wonder how a Trump supporter would spin it so the blame falls on the victim?
They haven’t figured it out yet, which is why so few have posted here.

And the few Trump supporters that have posted in this thread have talked about their sweet potato pie recipes rather than address the issue.

Old 12-07-2018, 08:02 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uhhh...police abuse is happening all across this country in areas represented by both parties.

I can site all kinds of examples in conservative areas like East and West Texas, Georgia and Alabama. Not to mention how when these cops are caught, Conservatives throw their bodies in front of the police as human shields from prosecution. It ain’t just the Democrat protected police unions and you know it.

What do I propose? You’re not prepared to hear my answer, so don’t ask. And it ain’t singing We Shall Overcome Someday while marching down the street.

Not my experience.

When I was on jury duty, a young black guy was on trial for resisting arrest.

He was charged with that because the six cops present (all 6ft+ and 200lbs) claimed to feel threatened by this 115lb kid.

Lots of blood on the kitchen floor (the kid's) and too many photos to let it go, so after beating this guy without a reason, they charged him with a crime to cover their asses.

The conservative jury that I was worried wouldn't listen to my point of view (i.e., the cops beat this kid for ****s and giggles) acquitted the kid on the first vote and even before any discussion.

Not an LE leg-humper in the bunch.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:25 PM

78,452 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
I don’t believe you. They all have it. You have more faith in the system than I do. I have none. If you wear a badge or work anywhere within the criminal justice system, you’re untrustworthy until proved otherwise.
Nothing to do with asking you to have faith in cops etc.

I'm not going to press you further, I think you at some level get my point. Let's just say that if we assume all the PD's are equally bad then consider about how WHEN CAUGHT, the outrage and protest can be substantially deflected or muted if the city in question has political clout with those that are upset.

I've lived in or at least closely followed Illinois and Chicago news for roughly 30 years (not counting my youth). There is a whole lot of "back scratching" and "favor trading" made and that applies to when the mayor needs a little heat-relief over something the police force did.

Here on Sesame Street the words for today are "Sell Outs". You know it, I know it, I'm not going to back you into a corner for the right wingers to neener neener you by explaining further as of course they're not the answer either.

Have a great weekend, I respect your experiences and viewpoints even if we don't always agree.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not my experience.

When I was on jury duty, a young black guy was on trial for resisting arrest.

He was charged with that because the six cops present (all 6ft+ and 200lbs) claimed to feel threatened by this 115lb kid.

Lots of blood on the kitchen floor (the kid's) and too many photos to let it go, so after beating this guy without a reason, they charged him with a crime to cover their asses.

The conservative jury that I was worried wouldn't listen to my point of view (i.e., the cops beat this kid for ****s and giggles) acquitted the kid on the first vote and even before any discussion.

Not an LE leg-humper in the bunch.
Ok.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:55 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
You don’t have a proposal either. Not one. Even if I did have a proposal, why would I tell you? You ain’t black! If you want to talk about black on black violence, create your own thread.

Unfortunately (for you), this thread is about 4 officers beating up the wrong black guy. Wanna address that?
Yes, it sucks what happened to him. Why would you not tell us what you propose?

Just an FYI, this guy (Michael Cox) lives behind me here in Dorchester. So we have experienced that in Boston. He got 5 million dollars for the beating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beating_of_Michael_Cox

Old 12-08-2018, 11:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yes, it sucks what happened to him. Why would you not tell us what you propose?
They should be fired and we need to completely change the way we train police officers.

Quote:
Just an FYI, this guy (Michael Cox) lives behind me here in Dorchester. So we have experienced that in Boston. He got 5 million dollars for the beating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beating_of_Michael_Cox
Why are taxpayers so willing to pay out $5 million but not insist that something changes?

Old 12-08-2018, 02:39 PM

2,309 posts, read 903,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
It takes very few bad cops to make a huge mess.
Add in that almost none will turn in the bad cops.
Actually that's quite the opposite in many cases. Why keep someone that gives you a bad rep? In fact, in many cases, cops will turn in bad cops faster than they would arrest civilians for the same crime.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:50 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,955,543 times
Welcome to the Fascists States of America. Hitler would be proud. Mein Kempf!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies