Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 10:52 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times

Advertisements

This person is a disgrace. If they had half the respect for others that they are demanding for themselves they would step out of women's sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 09:31 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
There was a freak show element to the inclusion of transgender weightlifters at the recent Commonwealth games in Brisbane, now handball is getting that vibe as well.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:34 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
If you want to know what will most likely lead to the mass backlash against the trans fad, it will be males competing against girls at the high school level of athletics. Parents of girls will eventually refuse to accept it and school boards will have to cave under the avalanche of outrage.
One can only hope. Did you see those female track players after their loss of state titles to two obvious guys? They were too afraid to say what they really think, and we heard lots of comments about the trans rights being more important than sports. I wanted to friggin gag. These girls worked hard all their lives and for nothing.

There is a growing number of feminists who are against this trend, but they face a very uphill battle. And it’s a bit hard to feel sorry for them because it’s a little like Dr. Frankenstein being upset that the monster he created turned on him, but I do think it’s high time feminists break away from this intersectionality and start working for women’s rights again.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Not when masses of parents get outraged and push back. If they're smart, they'll employ or "reappropriate" the language of the SJWs. Express that your daughters don't feel "safe." Speak of the lack of "equity" in allowing biological males to compete against girls in athletics. Speak of the "lived experiences" of females and their fears of sharing locker rooms with males and cite statistics on violence against women by males.
Read up on Megan Murphy. She’s a feminist who was banned from Twitter for “dead naming” trans women (calling them by their real names). She wrote a very interesting piece for Quillette about it. Like I said above, it’s a bit like Frankenstein’s monster. They created this environment and now they’re victims of it, but I’ll take any allies we can get because this is ridiculous.

https://quillette.com/2018/11/28/twi...tivist-decree/

Last edited by katygirl68; 12-09-2018 at 10:49 AM..

Old 12-09-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
When a transgender dominates tennis or figure skating then something may change. As long as it is fringe sports not enough people give a damn. I know I don’t.
It’s not just fringe sports. We have basketball players, track stars, bicyclists, wresting. Handball may be fringe in this country, but those are all sports that males transitioning to female have recently dominated in women’s leagues.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:18 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,303,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It’s not just fringe sports. We have basketball players, track stars, bicyclists, wresting. Handball may be fringe in this country, but those are all sports that males transitioning to female have recently dominated in women’s leagues.
Unless you no something I don't, the trans basketball player was a female to male, that continued to compete as a female while never on "hormone replacement therapy". There was also a pro trans-male hockey player who did the same.

The wrestler was also a trans male, that was on HRT, that only competed as a female because the states athletic association would not allow him to compete as a male, as was his desire. That individual is currently now a male collegiate wrestler. Also last evening history was made as the first trans male boxer fought as a pro in the men's division and won.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:32 PM

1,406 posts, read 802,288 times
I look forward with amusement to the day when some women's Olympic event is participated in exclusively by MtF athletes.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:39 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I've thought about this: They are private organizations and if you don't like it form your own league and rules.
But also feel free to exercise your right to criticize this private league.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:03 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Wow...I think we have a late entry winner for worst analogy of the year in any forum.
https://goo.gl/images/UFipCw
Thank you/> {taking bow}

Old 12-09-2018, 03:03 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This person is a disgrace. If they had half the respect for others that they are demanding for themselves they would step out of women's sports.
Yeah, it's hard to imagine anything more counterproductive to the goal of engendering good will toward transgender people than a big, young, athletic man who wears dresses and beats the hell out of female athletes in various sports. It's almost as if the guy lost big at cards or something and his fraternity has forced him to pull off the mother of all pranks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies