Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 01:40 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,363,180 times

Advertisements

There is only one reason Trump is president.

Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 01:40 PM

31,339 posts, read 14,369,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Why doesn't Texas do everify? How much will that cost? Virtually nothing.
How much will that "save"? Gotta be 10 or more times the payback of your fantasy wall.

When you tackle problems you always start with the solutions that so the most for the least. Efficiency. Productivity. Symbolism and clown shows don't cut it.

Yes, as you well know, Republicans in Texas as well as the "Bush Center" (Texas, Bushes, etc.) all support immigration. The Kochs are total open border types and they are the #1 funders of the GOP....no one else even comes close.

Is this stuff you didn't know? Or do you just choose to ignore it?
You obviously don't read my postings, because I've blasted the republicans and the democrats on this issue.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:41 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,302,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I may have a problem with my sarcasm transmitter... Then again brownbagg's post may have been Poe's Law in action, as well.
No worries, I knew YOU were being sarcastic. But the OP of the concept, not so much, I'm afraid

Old 12-15-2018, 01:44 PM

7,419 posts, read 2,723,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trump is so incompetent that he couldn't get a darn thing done on his agenda with a REPUBLICAN Senate and House of Representatives. He wouldn't have needed the Democrats for anything.

But Trump is a lying, inept, easily triggered, overgrown frat boy with the attention span of a gnat and the intelligence of an amoeba.
You know, you need to be kinder to our friends the amoebae and gnats. They could be insulted by your post.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:45 PM

63,225 posts, read 29,343,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
I believe that is an excellent description of trump tho I would have said narcissistic frat boy

Of course it is to you Trump haters. You can't debate without the juvenile insults. Makes me wonder how old you all are. I prefer disagreeing like an adult. Try it sometime.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Where did you get those numbers from?

The government borrows 2 billion dollars every day. If the wall (or -- merely enhanced border security -- we probably don't even need a wall covering every stretch of terrain)….. costs $25 billion dollars.... we will borrow enough money in less than TWO WEEKS to pay for it.

I'm a numbers man. Don't give me your liberal BS when it comes to money.

Not only that but what a crock to claim that the wall is only to stop a few smugglers! These liberals make up things in their heads. There are plenty of illegal aliens still entering our border illegally and many of them are very unsavory characters (and I'm not talking about those only seeking work). I guess I'll have to post the link again proving it. They cost us over $100 billion a year and yet these liberals balk at a $25 billion wall to stop those expenses from increasing? Walls don't become obsolete either. They deflect to the visa over stayers every time when of course that problem needs to be addressed but in a different way.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Old 12-15-2018, 02:00 PM

25,591 posts, read 56,602,609 times
Quote:
Do Democrats understand that the main reason Trump got elected POTUS was to build the Mexican Border Wall?
Trump promised Mexico would pay for it. I'm holding him to what is clearly his worthless word.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
because Mexico is not paying for it---remember his other part of this?????

How many times do we have to explain this issue to you before you stop repeating it over and over in here? You know darned well you and yours don't want the wall built no matter who pays for it and it's not because it's not cost effective or that those good double walls don't work. Just own up to your real agendas for once it would be a lot more honest of you.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Trump promised Mexico would pay for it. I'm holding him to what is clearly his worthless word.

No, you're just another one who just hates Trump and doesn't want the wall no matter who pays for it and not for any viable reasons. Just own up to it, will you? Trump tried to make Mexico pay for it and he still has a plan in place to make it happen down the road but you and yours want instant gratification and use it to claim that he lied. Many presidents/people make promises that they may not be able to keep but because it's Trump, oh the horror! Grow up!

Old 12-15-2018, 02:10 PM

25,591 posts, read 56,602,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, you're just another one who just hates Trump and doesn't want the wall no matter who pays for it and not for any viable reasons. Just own up to it, will you? Trump tried to make Mexico pay for it and he still has a plan in place to make it happen down the road but you and yours want instant gratification and use it to claim that he lied. Many presidents/people make promises that they may not be able to keep but because it's Trump, oh the horror! Grow up!
Oh, get over yourself. Your comments are entirely baseless - just like every useless word out of Trump's mouth.

No matter how big or long the wall, human ingenuity will prevail. I've heard enough from Republican Congressional Representatives from border states on C-Span over the past two years recite in detail the overhype on the wall. They appear on Washington Journal regularly, often for up to an hour - one on one with the host and viewer. To summarize, the possible benefits of the wall do not outweigh the cost. The wall will be a disappointment should it finally be built.

I did hear part of a border patrol person's testimony before Congress last week in which she stated when chasing perps, the wall/barrier will enhance capture - but not much favoring the wall as an effective deterrent to illegal entry.

Overall, I'm very skeptical, based on comments from border state Representatives, on the efficacy of the wall. These people will always find a way.

I'm opposed to illegal immigration - but the wall isn't going to be of very much help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies