Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2018, 12:37 AM

152 posts, read 61,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
You want to know why Trump hasn't released his returns? Ask yourself what he has to gain by it. He is already elected. There is NOTHING to gain by it.
He could count it as one of the campaign promises he fulfilled. It's a much easier one too, compared to delivering on healthcare, building the wall, ending birthright citizenship and so on.

But why frame the question in terms of advantages for him. Shouldn't the more relevant question to ask is what do we gain by it? The president serves us after all.

It's strange to see people vociferously opposing transparency from elected officials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Well, let's see now.

Trump publicly mocked Romney for not releasing his returns until 9/ 2012.

Throughout the campaign, Trump repeatedly committed to releasing his returns and did so for political gain.

Trump alone controls the release or not.

As with all returns, it's all about the attachments and schedules. That will disclose the sources of his personal income, personal loans and deductions.

What his tax returns will not show is what's what within Trump Org.

There are reasons why Trump chooses not to release his returns.

I voted for Trump. I don't not understand anyone defending Trump's decision to not release, given he campaigned on it.

Conversely, Hillary released 34 years of returns. While not a fan of Hillary, I respect the disclosure.

Regardless of who won in 2016, he/ she would enter office with unprecedented conflicts of interest.

Hillary Clinton shouldn't have released her tax returns -- said no one ever. But with Trump, now it's all "there's nothing to learn from tax returns". Lol.

Last edited by Melpomene; 12-18-2018 at 12:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 12:54 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Seriously?
You intellectual W-2'ers... What will you learn from Trumps Tax Returns?
How much he made?
How much he didn't make?
The monetary total amount of deductions?
How many kids he has claimed?

I'm baffled why W-2'ers are so obsessed with Trump's Taxes?
Would be funny to learn how far reality is to his nonsensical boasting. At a minimum, we learn (ahem: confirm) he is a lying egotistical turd of a man. At best, we learn his income is from shady dealings and confirm other investigations.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:11 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Seriously?
You intellectual W-2'ers... What will you learn from Trumps Tax Returns?
How much he made?
How much he didn't make?
The monetary total amount of deductions?
How many kids he has claimed?

I'm baffled why W-2'ers are so obsessed with Trump's Taxes?

You're baffled that people are curious to see what an investigation into his taxes might turn up when Trump is the subject of 17 seperate investigations, many of which are criminal? This is what happens when so many conservatives give up independent thought over to right wing talking points and conspiracy theories. I'm baffled that you willingly stick your head in the sand.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
No. I'm not triggered. I'm not anything. I think it's really hilarious that you think such a thing. How silly.

You realize that tax returns for wealthy people are itemized, right? LOL. Hell, I'm not exactly a billionaire and my household tax return tells the reader exactly where my husband and I earned our money, what sort of itemized deductions we filed, and how much we pay in tax (that requires some math, but it's in there).

I realize that if one has never had to file more than a 1040EZ or has taken the standard deduction all their lives and gotten an Earned Income Credit (refund handout from the government) every year, it might seem strange to realize that one can glean that much info from a tax return prepared for people who have investments and holdings plus income, but I assure you, there is a lot of info on a tax return.

So, no... I'm not triggered, or trolled, or whatever else Alex Jones and his ilk tell you. I'm just confused as to why people would support a president lying about what he would do once in office and that thing being something that presidents since Nixon have done.

What's he got to hide and why doesn't he care that he lacks integrity?
Yes, that rant proves you're TRIGGERED
You are not going to learn much from a tax return, except what they grossed, what they netted and the tax amount they paid.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I'm a 1099'er and I know that the IRS absolutely has copies of the 1099s I receive. I assume you do, too. And you get more than one copy of each 1099. I send digital copies of everything to my accountant and she files online, which I assume Trump's accountant does, too. All of his deductions will be there, as well. Surely you know all of this, since you are a 1099'er and know what goes on a tax return?
Those are not tax returns and would require and audit to see, which Pelosi doesn't have power. She can request Tax returns. She cannot demand or order an audit.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm baffled as to what an "intellectual W-2'er" is.
So far, no one here.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
if Trump owed back taxes, we'd know about it. This fanaticism with all things Trump is fun to watch.
The entire reason I posed the question to the intellectual W-2'ers

Old 12-18-2018, 06:21 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
It all comes down to proper vetting of the candidates. Trump was never properly vetted. The people who live or lived in the NYC metro knew Trump was nuts and a crook. The rest of the nation only knew him from his TV show.

Showing his Tax returns for the previous 10 years would have shown how much in debt he really is.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Beg pardon? I've been a 1099 filer and a W-2 filer. There are some differences, but the basic principles of tax filing are the same.
What do you expect to find out by Pelosi looking at Tax Returns? His gross or his net?

Old 12-18-2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Nobody said he owes any back taxes. He said he'd release his tax records. He has not.

Period.
Told you!
It has Triggered you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies