Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 07:55 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

At least they did the right thing immediately. Very strange story, I had no idea that women had anti semites among them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 07:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, because they are against women having autonomy over their lives and their bodies, which is the antithesis of what they are marching for. They were free to join the march like every other woman, but their message of forced-birth was not going to be part of the platform. It's not rocket science.
Wow, you really can't stay on topic.

The Women's March organizers are prejudiced against certain groups. They are NOT pro ALL women. They are prejudiced against certain women, namely pro-lifers and Jews, and most likely others we don;t know about yet. Deal with it.

If the organization does not include all women, who all have differing viewpoints and backgrounds, it isn't pro women.

It really isn't rocket science. But somehow you cannot see past your OWN PREJUDICE -- you hate hate hate the pro-life viewpoint and hate hate hate those who support it -- to see that. /shrug/

Seriously, try to stay on topic instead of derailing the thread with your own agenda. The topic is the prejudiced behavior of a Women's Group that claims to be tolerant. When it's not.

Old 12-28-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I'll still be marching in January. You guys really think this is the end of women wanting to be heard? The March is not about the organizers- it's about the women.
What the hell for?

Old 12-28-2018, 07:57 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
At least they did the right thing immediately. Very strange story, I had no idea that women had anti semites among them.
Who said they did the right thing? The antisemitic leaders who forced out the Jewish woman are still at the helm. Why is this acceptable?

Old 12-28-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Who said they did the right thing? The antisemitic leaders who forced out the Jewish woman are still at the helm. Why is this acceptable?
True enough but at least the Washington State chapter did the right thing.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:02 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

The Women's March organizers are prejudiced against certain groups. They are NOT pro ALL women. They are prejudiced against certain women, namely pro-lifers and Jews, and most likely others we don;t know about yet. Deal with it.
Pro-woman is pro-choice.

Quote:
If the organization does not include all women, who all have differing viewpoints and backgrounds, it isn't pro women.

It really isn't rocket science. But somehow you cannot see past your OWN PREJUDICE -- you hate hate hate the pro-life viewpoint and hate hate hate those who support it -- to see that. /shrug/
Every woman is free to come and join the march. But a message of trying to take away a woman's autonomy over her own body is never going to be part of their message.

Quote:
Seriously, try to stay on topic instead of derailing the thread with your own agenda. The topic is the prejudiced behavior of a Women's Group that claims to be tolerant. When it's not.
If you had quoted my entire post you would see that I did address the topic of the thread. If there is rampant anti-Semitism at the top it absolutely needs to be addressed and I in no way support that. But that still will not mean that women trying to take away other women's autonomy over their own bodies will ever be a part of their message. Deal with it.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
True enough but at least the Washington State chapter did the right thing.
Also Chicago, from what I've heard. They also cancelled their January march.

But it's not sufficient. I am Jewish, and I can't believe that antisemitism is being sanctioned by the leaders of an organization pledged to being against prejudice via Unity Principles. I'm learning more about them, and They outlined different groups for which it is wrong to be bigoted, including blacks and Muslims, but Jews weren't on the list.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Every woman is free to come and join the march. But a message of trying to take away a woman's autonomy over her own body is never going to be part of their message.
I as a Jew would not feel welcome, given the antisemitism exhibited at the top. The national group really needs to correct this, and immediately. Those bigoted women need to be replaced.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Linda Sarsour is a flat out hate filled scumbag. That hate monger needs to be exposed for what she is.
Repressing women's freedoms and liberties, is helpful to women's freedom & liberty.
And these mentally ill women, eat it up.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:07 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:

I don’t hate you, I hate that you think you get to control other women’s bodies. As someone who believes such, you have no business as a sponsor of the women’s march.

Now, Jewish people (like myself) don’t have that issue as a group and as such should not be excluded from the women’s march. The organizers are in the wrong for any anti Semitic views they hold, but not in the wrong for preventing groups who promote the rights of fetuses over women (like yours) from sponsoring the women’s march.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies