Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 08:07 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Pro-woman is pro-choice.

Every woman is free to come and join the march. But a message of trying to take away a woman's autonomy over her own body is never going to be part of their message.

If you had quoted my entire post you would see that I did address the topic of the thread. If there is rampant anti-Semitism at the top it absolutely needs to be addressed and I in no way support that. But that still will not mean that women trying to take away other women's autonomy over their own bodies will ever be a part of their message. Deal with it.
“You’re only worthy as a woman if you follow *our* approved orthodoxy. Any deviation in thought renders you an enemy”.

That’s about the gist of it. I’m a staunch pro-choice woman myself yet I see how hateful this group is toward women who don’t follow lock-step. No women’s group that is so hateful toward independent women who make up their own mind on matters is worth being a part of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 08:12 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
“You’re only worthy as a woman if you follow *our* approved orthodoxy. Any deviation in thought renders you an enemy”.

That’s about the gist of it. I’m a staunch pro-choice woman myself yet I see how hateful this group is toward women who don’t follow lock-step. No women’s group that is so hateful toward independent women who make up their own mind on matters is worth being a part of.
Nonsense. It’s even simpler than that. Prolifers whether male or female are only pro “life” when it comes to fetuses, not women. Anyone who puts women’s rights after another groups, should not be part of the women’s march.

If a group wanted to sponsor the woman’s march but was known for wanting to limit women’s rights they shouldn’t be allowed to sponsor. Or are you even in favor of limiting the right of who women further by deciding who we have to accept as sponsors?

Old 12-28-2018, 08:14 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Liberals cannot claim to be against racism, citing it as so often being rampant on the other side, when one of the most prominent liberal groups condones hate speech against Jews. What hypocrites.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:17 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,397,212 times
Hardly shocking.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Nonsense. It’s even simpler than that. Prolifers whether male or female are only pro “life” when it comes to fetuses, not women. Anyone who puts women’s rights after another groups, should not be part of the women’s march.

If a group wanted to sponsor the woman’s march but was known for wanting to limit women’s rights they shouldn’t be allowed to sponsor. Or are you even in favor of limiting the right of who women further by deciding who we have to accept as sponsors?
You keep deflecting. This thread isn't about the Women's March group wanting women's rights. It's about the leaders' prejudice against Jews. The fact that you keep skirting this makes me wonder if you think the antisemitism is worth tolerating because the greater good - abortion rights - supersedes it. I say it doesn't. Are these women elected representatives? Who appointed them?

Old 12-28-2018, 08:20 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Also Chicago, from what I've heard. They also cancelled their January march.

But it's not sufficient. I am Jewish, and I can't believe that antisemitism is being sanctioned by the leaders of an organization pledged to being against prejudice via Unity Principles. I'm learning more about them, and They outlined different groups for which it is wrong to be bigoted, including blacks and Muslims, but Jews weren't on the list.
What sucks is that sometimes anti-Semitism can come from other Jews. It is similar to how a member of one race can be racist against another member of that same race.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:22 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
You keep deflecting. This thread isn't about the Women's March group wanting women's rights. It's about the leaders' prejudice against Jews. The fact that you keep skirting this makes me wonder if you think the antisemitism is worth tolerating because the greater good - abortion rights - supersedes it. I say it doesn't. Are these women elected representatives? Who appointed them?
I'm trying to understand the basis for the antisemitism from the leadership. I'm guessing that Jews are not pro abortion enough for these pond scum at the top.

Jews are good people and I'm sure encourage adoption over abortion. Just can't have radical thinking like that when it comes to far left women and this issue.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:27 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,715,581 times
Quote:
But it's not sufficient. I am Jewish, and I can't believe that antisemitism is being sanctioned by the leaders of an organization pledged to being against prejudice via Unity Principles. I'm learning more about them, and They outlined different groups for which it is wrong to be bigoted, including blacks and Muslims, but Jews weren't on the list.
Why are you even surprised? This is perfectly mainstream leftist postmodernist position. Remember, postmodernists interpret history as a power struggle and any groups who are in power or perceived to be in power are the enemy. They equate antisemitism as a hatred of capitalism [a noble cause in their view]. The Jews are at the top of the power pyramid and are the "capitalist oppressors". This is all pretty standard far-leftist Women's Studies Marxist spin.

Quote:
What is the worldly religion of the Jew? Huckstering. What is his worldly God? Money.…. Money is the jealous god of Israel, in face of which no other god may exist. Money degrades all the gods of man – and turns them into commodities…. The bill of exchange is the real god of the Jew. His god is only an illusory bill of exchange…. The chimerical nationality of the Jew is the nationality of the merchant, of the man of money in general.
- Karl Marx

Last edited by Gantz; 12-28-2018 at 08:39 AM..

Old 12-28-2018, 08:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post

Well that’s just silly. “Pro-life” is a term used to refer to one’s stance on abortion, it’s never been used as a statement to describe one’s feelings toward adults.

Additionally, there are plenty of pro-life women who choose life for themselves, but do not condemn other women for their choices. Not every pro-life woman is an activist looking to rob others of their rights. The same can be said of many pro-choice women: we don’t all feel compelled to march on behalf of others. We just live our lives. The saddest thing of all is seeing women insistently label all other women in such a way.

I don’t take issue at all with the group not offering sponsorship to a pro-life group based solely on my opinion that a private group has the right to determine who will sponsor events on their behalf. It makes perfect sense that they would not be comfortable with that. That in my opinion is the LEAST of this nasty group's offenses. Their selection of leadership and their anti-semitism are reason enough to dismiss them as a non-legitimate group.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm trying to understand the basis for the antisemitism from the leadership. I'm guessing that Jews are not pro abortion enough for these pond scum at the top.

Jews are good people and I'm sure encourage adoption over abortion. Just can't have radical thinking like that when it comes to far left women and this issue.
The problem is that you're trying to find a reason for their antisemitism that aligns with their mission. Is it possible that they're just hypocritical bigots?

The idea that Jews as a whole are not "pro-abortion enough" is a weak argument. Jews are overwhelming pro-choice, even those who vote Republican (although obviously it is not a deciding factor).

No, it is more than that. The pond scum at the top (thanks for your apt description!) have long-engrained antisemitic views that are unrelated to abortion. It was reported that the pond scum exhibited antisemitic attitudes at a meeting in which they blamed Jews for slavery (conspiracy theories are big among antisemites) and made other bigoted remarks, too.

We are obviously are opposite sides of the aisle, but I think we agree here: These women have to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies