Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 06:45 AM

51,659 posts, read 25,891,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It is a FACT that 100% of the fall in the stock market this year has occurred while republicans have held 100% of the power in Washington.

It is also a FACT that, starting next year, republicans will still have 2/3 of the power in Washington. So if anybody wants to blame politics for any falls in the stock market next year, they will HAVE to blame republicans for 2/3 of it.

It is also a FACT that the Dow rose 545 points the day after the Blue Wave election this year.
Worst December stock market since 1931.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...te/2373928002/

Yikes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 06:55 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,787,561 times
Donnie is thinking about firing Jerome Powell. Too funny. I love seeing trump floundering this badly.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:18 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,678,573 times
The Trump dump is in full effect.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average traded sharply lower Monday after U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shocked investors worldwide over the weekend by tweeting that he had spoken to the CEOs of the six largest U.S. banks to ensure they were liquid.

The Dow was down 1.6 percent to midway through an abbreviated trading session ahead of the Christmas holiday. The losses added to last week's crushing performance, the index's worst week in 10 years -- since the 2008 financial crisis. The tech-heavy NASDAQ was also getting crushed, trading 3.8 percent lower.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/dow-jones-...opstories.html

Old 12-24-2018, 11:28 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,832,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Donnie is thinking about firing Jerome Powell. Too funny. I love seeing trump floundering this badly.
Except we all are going to have to suffer tremendously the next several years because of this.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,571,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I wish I could laugh but I can't. Too many of my friends and myself are close to retirement and are needing our 401k's. Pension plans went the way of the dodo bird.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:15 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,114,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I wish I could laugh but I can't. Too many of my friends and myself are close to retirement and are needing our 401k's. Pension plans went the way of the dodo bird.
Yep. It was funny for a while watching Trump's bull market take a nosedive. But now it's getting serious.

Old 12-28-2018, 12:54 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,647,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Relax -- Trump was also in charge when the market skyrocketed over the past two years. (unless you're going to claim that Obama was responsible for the run-up) We were clearly due for a bear market at some point. We are giving back some of the huge gains, that's all. You didn't think that markets went up forever, did you?
I call bull.

Trump juiced the market with billions in Tax giveaways to corps and the ultra rich, share price inflation merely reflected that , it was not based on corporate growth it was based on corps getting away with having to pay taxes and the ultra rich too...

And guess what BeerGeek, you know i am right. YOU won't admit it and neither will any Trumpers, but the reality is Trump gave away hundreds of billions to corps and billionaires which naturally juiced the numbers.

Of course what Trump should have done was use that money to pay down debt or invest infrastructure or to improve services, hell anything other than what he did.

Trump acted like an inexperienced kid who is drunk up to their eyeballs and insisting they want another drink. A wiser person, realises they are too drunk and stops drinking before they end up puking up all over the place. Trump is too greedy, too ignorant and just like that drunk who keeps drinking Trump market is puking up all over the place.

but of course being trump supporters you guys will pretend what i am saying is made up and that Trump is a great guy.... it is what you guys do. You support "TRUMP" not a party, not a platform, it is all about rooting for you hero daddy regardless of what he actually says or does.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:00 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,678,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I call bull.

Trump juiced the market with billions in Tax giveaways to corps and the ultra rich, share price inflation merely reflected that , it was not based on corporate growth it was based on corps getting away with having to pay taxes and the ultra rich too...

And guess what BeerGeek, you know i am right. YOU won't admit it and neither will any Trumpers, but the reality is Trump gave away hundreds of billions to corps and billionaires which naturally juiced the numbers.

Of course what Trump should have done was use that money to pay down debt or invest infrastructure or to improve services, hell anything other than what he did.

Trump acted like an inexperienced kid who is drunk up to their eyeballs and insisting they want another drink. A wiser person, realises they are too drunk and stops drinking before they end up puking up all over the place. Trump is too greedy, too ignorant and just like that drunk who keeps drinking Trump market is puking up all over the place.

but of course being trump supporters you guys will pretend what i am saying is made up and that Trump is a great guy.... it is what you guys do. You support "TRUMP" not a party, not a platform, it is all about rooting for you hero daddy regardless of what he actually says or does.
Pretty much. You give away money and it will prime the pump but you can’t give away money forever before the chickens come home to roost. I believe this is the only time our government deficits have gone up during an economic expansion. Wait until the hole that will be blown into it when the downturn inevitably comes. Where are all the fed up tea partiers now? No wonder Trump’s gone through so many bankruptcies in his life.

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 12-28-2018 at 01:13 PM..

Old 12-28-2018, 01:09 PM

7,833 posts, read 4,579,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
The Trump dump is in full effect.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average traded sharply lower Monday after U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shocked investors worldwide over the weekend by tweeting that he had spoken to the CEOs of the six largest U.S. banks to ensure they were liquid.

The Dow was down 1.6 percent to midway through an abbreviated trading session ahead of the Christmas holiday. The losses added to last week's crushing performance, the index's worst week in 10 years -- since the 2008 financial crisis. The tech-heavy NASDAQ was also getting crushed, trading 3.8 percent lower.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/dow-jones-...opstories.html
Don't be so sure. If Trump's threat to shut down the entire southern border gains any traction these 600 point drops are going to seem like a walk in the park. In the blink of an eye.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:42 PM

26,569 posts, read 15,136,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I call bull.

Are you serious?

Trump juiced the market with billions in tax giveaways - but you ignore the literally trillions of QE under Obama, the continued billions in Bush's extended tax cuts, and the billions in bailouts under Bush-Obama???

You do realize that the stock market didn't rise due to increased revenue/profits of companies under Obama right?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-f...194426366.html

The previous 8 years before Trump was elected...every time the stock market would start to falter they would inject hundreds of billions of dollars in QE and stocks would surge...rinse and repeat to several trillions of QE.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/st...uth-2019-01-05

For a fact the stock market was way over historical valuations on Obama's last day in office.... Juiced.

If you want to be honest you can blast Trump for trying to pop the bubble with talk of shutdowns, trade wars, tariffs, etc... But you can't honestly think that the market is juiced due to Trump's actions alone and not mostly juiced from the previous 8 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Pretty much. You give away money and it will prime the pump but you can’t give away money forever before the chickens come home to roost. I believe this is the only time our government deficits have gone up during an economic expansion. Wait until the hole that will be blown into it when the downturn inevitably comes. Where are all the fed up tea partiers now? No wonder Trump’s gone through so many bankruptcies in his life.
Not true. Deficits go up from one year to the next during expansion all the time. Obama's last year marked a growing economy and over 1 Trillion in new debt - despite getting it back below a trillion for awhile.

Show me a post where you have concern for QE priming the market to being overvalued...or are you selective for partisan reasons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies