Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 09:25 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Outraged if he does, outraged if he doesn't. Orange man bad.
You're right, there are some people he can't win with no matter what he does. Then there are those who will make excuses for him no matter what he does.

It's almost like every administration prior to his...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 10:07 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Outraged if he does, outraged if he doesn't. Orange man bad.
What tired tripe you people peddle.

What's a matter, you can't laugh at the irony of individual 1 making such a big deal about "the war on Christmas".

I thought it was the left with no sense of humor?

Last edited by Old Town FFX; 12-23-2018 at 10:24 PM..

Old 12-23-2018, 10:25 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon55 View Post
I'll give Trump a little credit he didn't high tail it to Mar-e-lago like he usually does. Hes just tweeting instead.
Let's see if he can refrain from posting nasty tweets for one whole day on Christmas.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon55 View Post
I'll give Trump a little credit he didn't high tail it to Mar-e-lago like he usually does. Hes just tweeting instead.
His self imposed government shut down kind of put the halt on that.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Let's see if he can refrain from posting nasty tweets for one whole day on Christmas.
I'm sure he'll find a way to make the day all about him. He normally does.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:46 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
People still can't admit they've been conned by Individual 1?

Pride and ego can stop you from seeing and voting clearly. The rest of us aren't surprised. He is the same hypocritical con he has always been.

Old 12-24-2018, 01:33 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Does anyone actually get offended over all this Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays stuff? I've been watching CNN (something I don't normally do) and Ana Cabrara has been saying Merry Christmas to all her guests.
Obviously some people do. If I know someone's religious beliefs, I do my best to honor them when I offer my greetings. Why not? It costs me nothing to be considerate in this small way.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:27 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not "Merry Christmas", like he promised. Trump is waging his own war on Christmas.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apo...060022643.html
Have yourself a Mueller Little Christmas - Mr Trump.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:24 AM

1,559 posts, read 1,049,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Does anyone actually get offended over all this Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays stuff? I've been watching CNN (something I don't normally do) and Ana Cabrara has been saying Merry Christmas to all her guests.
When did people start saying "Merry Christmas" weeks ahead of time?

It used to be that greeting was reserved for the actual day.

I get around this by saying "enjoy the holidays". The only time I say Merry Christmas is on Christmas Day.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:29 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
"Happy Holidays" is one of those terms people use without actually thinking about or understanding the underlying meaning. As a Western person, there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying Merry Christmas to anyone, even someone who is not of the Western tradition such as a Hindu from India or a Muslim from Saudi Arabia. Jews across the board are much more understanding, so that is a given.

If and when a person within the Western Christian tradition says "Merry Christmas," he is not being exclusive, but inclusive, expressing good will to all. Personally, I'm not religious at all, but feel Christmas, as part of our tradition should be celebrated and expressed. If a Jew wishes me a happy Hanukkah or a Muslim wishes me a Happy Ramadan, I'm not offended, but consider it an expression of inclusion.

Liberals, who wish to do away with Merry Christmas believe they're being inclusive, but in reality are being exclusive It's a shame Mental illness spreads so easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies