Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 11:02 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, apparently Trump wants them here. Maybe he figures he can use a terror attack to advance his agenda.
"Never let a good crises go to waste".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 11:34 AM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Yes, apparently Trump wants them here. Maybe he figures he can use a terror attack to advance his agenda.
Trump doesn't want them here. I'm talking about the elements of the government that Trump (and the American people) can't control.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:56 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rand Paul is every bit as much of a nincompoop as his father. Why anyone listens to either of them defies logic and reason.
Rand and his father are logic and reason if you take the time to listen to them.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Rand and his father are logic and reason if you take the time to listen to them.
Ron was, Rand is wishy washy.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...etary-of-state

He had it in his hand to demand someone decent and caved.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Is it your position what we should give up the war on ISIS/terror/radical islam?

Has it been your position in the past?
Is it your position what we should give up following the Constitution and protecting our borders vs unconstitutional being policemen of the world?

Old 12-24-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rand Paul is every bit as much of a nincompoop as his father. Why anyone listens to either of them defies logic and reason.
Yea why listen to the ones who are right on the economy and foreign policy when we can listen to people who are absolute failures on policy like you?

Old 12-24-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
So, you were for it until you were against it (when Trump said so).

The US military says the job is not done, and that there are an expanding army of 30 000 terrorists on the ground. They also said they are only 20% done training locals, which were supposed to take over. If we had let the military do what they had planned to do, then victory would have been ours. Now we are running away from the fight, and betraying our allies in the process. The Kurds can do either ditch their guns and mix into the civilian population, but I fear many will take their guns and join ISIS. It will be only a matter of time until they re-take Raqqa, and spread from there.
You are forgetting what the original job was. Do you even know it?

Quote:
Rand Paul and his father are among my favorite politicians, but I disagree with their take on foreign policy.
Because unconstitutional invading and occupying soverign nations is a good thing?

Old 12-24-2018, 06:36 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We haven't "defeated" Isis. If he wants to claim that to bring the troops home, well, whatever, I guess I'm a hypocrite as I'm not going to call him out on his lies.

In defense these are all labels we have pretty much made up to create an "enemy" so it's one lie countering another lie.
I had stated earlier that defining the defeat of ISIS is a question I would ask Trump.

I'm trying to get someone to define the point at which ISIS is defeated. Is it when they convert to Christ? Do they need to come forward waving a literal white flag like in the early 1900s?

Repeatedly saying we haven't defeated ISIS is about as bad as saying we have defeated them - unless it is defined.

Right now, they are just sitting there not doing much. Should we sit there as well? Or at some point, do we hand it off to the locals?

Old 12-24-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I had stated earlier that defining the defeat of ISIS is a question I would ask Trump.
I would see no reason to bother. He says whatever he wants. "We defeated them in a very big way".

Quote:
I'm trying to get someone to define the point at which ISIS is defeated. Is it when they convert to Christ? Do they need to come forward waving a literal white flag like in the early 1900s?
The goal has never been defined.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I would see no reason to bother. He says whatever he wants. "We defeated them in a very big way".

The goal has never been defined.
The goal in Syria was to defeat our former employees, ISIS. That goal has been met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies