Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:43 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,425,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
If I made the laws in this country, it would be like Switzerland. I would require everybody to own firearms for their safety. Without the mandatory military service, of course.
I agree with this. They do have one of the lowest crime rates in first world countries as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 06:47 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,426,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Actually they don't. Only hand guns are banned.
Actually your wrong. While they permitted mere citizens to own rifles & shotguns they had to be stored disassembled. If you put it together & walked from the kitchen to the bed room you commited a felony. Bet that law saved thousands eh?

The fact is a law dont need to say "Theyre banned" to effectively outlaw a thing.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Well, there IS an alternative to prisons. KILL the criminal. If you're found guilty of illegally immigrating here, it's much cheaper to KILL you than it is to DEPORT you.
That is so wrong on so many levels. I dont know if you are playing the devils advocate in all of your posts, or If I should be weary of you actualy living near me.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Bow and arrow, like Ted Nugent.
Its not about hunters. Its about a right to own tools to ensure your survival.
After all, without guns we'd all be helpless against self absorbed elitist ninja types.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,700,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Its not about hunters. Its about a right to own tools to ensure your survival.
After all, without guns we'd all be helpless against self absorbed elitist ninja types.
You can't manage with snares, or other weapons? Come on, there haven't always been accessible firearms for the common person, and the human race survived JUST fine without them.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
That is so wrong on so many levels. I dont know if you are playing the devils advocate in all of your posts, or If I should be weary of you actualy living near me.
Why is it wrong? You break the law, you die. You make society safer for those remaining in it that way.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
You can't manage with snares, or other weapons? Come on, there haven't always been accessible firearms for the common person, and the human race survived JUST fine without them.
Your silly. The fact is that firearms are protected by the constitution & while I could certainly eat without a gun theres simply nothing more effective at protecting your butt than a gun in this day & age. thats a given, its why this arguement exists. Some lame brains think that guns are so effective its irresponsible to allow people free acess to them. Nobody wants to ban them because they dont work or arent effective. Theyre so effective its scary to people who dont like an even playing field.
These folks fall into two groups. Those that are weak & scared & want their paid protection (police) to have a tactical advantage unavailable to the rest of us.
The other group are bullies that feel threatened by the idea that their physical strength can be overcome by some 90 pound weekling.

Both are selfish immoral stances that seek to put others at a dissadvantage so you can feel warm & fuzzy.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Your silly. The fact is that firearms are protected by the constitution & while I could certainly eat without a gun theres simply nothing more effective at protecting your butt than a gun in this day & age. thats a given, its why this arguement exists. Some lame brains think that guns are so effective its irresponsible to allow people free acess to them. Nobody wants to ban them because they dont work or arent effective. Theyre so effective its scary to people who dont like an even playing field.
These folks fall into two groups. Those that are weak & scared & want their paid protection (police) to have a tactical advantage unavailable to the rest of us.
The other group are bullies that feel threatened by the idea that their physical strength can be overcome by some 90 pound weekling.

Both are selfish immoral stances that seek to put others at a dissadvantage so you can feel warm & fuzzy.

If you're a 90 pound weakling, you aren't needed.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Why is it wrong? You break the law, you die. You make society safer for those remaining in it that way.
Because humans are not disposable! You cannot destroy one on a whim. Is human life that cheap to you? A cold heart is something outright scary, and is not any better than the animals that feel like killing for shoes.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,295,426 times
Quote:
If you're a 90 pound weakling, you aren't needed.
This is one of the most cynical statements I have ever read!

I know a 85 pound man - with MD - who is far more of a Human Being that you ever will be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies