Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 07:55 PM

587 posts, read 305,259 times

Advertisements

Trump > Global phenomenon

Worth $10 billion, #1 TV show, President of the United States, Surrounded by beautiful women, GOD ! What cant the guy do ~

**********TRUMP 2020***********

Old 12-31-2018, 07:57 PM

4,034 posts, read 2,720,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
Trump > Global phenomenon

Worth $10 billion, #1 TV show, President of the United States, Surrounded by beautiful women, GOD ! What cant the guy do ~

**********TRUMP 2020***********

I'll take "Be a decent human being" for $200, Alex.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
From two years ago. If you ever had any doubts about his masculine ego and insecurity, this puts them to rest.

This explains why his children are so terminallyModerator cut: profanity This insecure toddler is a danger to America.

Donald Trump Says Men WhoTake Care of Their Kids Are Acting 'Like the Wife' | Fortune

Good try. The article was from two years ago (2 years and 8 months, to be exact)--an election year hit job. The "interview" in which Trump expresses the opinion in the thread title was from 2005.

There's no relevance to posting it, no insight, and no newsflash. It's old news. And BTW, there are plenty of women who don't find Mr. Moms appealing.

And another thing. It was old news in 2016, too. And presenting his public statements as a big exposé obviously didn't work then, either.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Of course there isn't. Nor men's. My mother taught me to crochet when I was five to keep me busy. I taught myself to knit. In high school, I joined the knitting club when we had to pick something. Most of the guys joined sports clubs, and a lot of them laughed at me.

I was in a room with eight girls for an hour every week with something in common to talk about. I knitted a sweater for a girl I was dating. None of the girls thought I was in the least compromised because I did "women's work". The guys didn't know what they were missing, and I didn't smarten them up.

It's always men expected to do "women's work," when women are aghast at breaking a nail to do "men's work."

Taking care of THEIR kids is one thing. But women clamoring for men to do the dishes, cook, vacuum, and clean the bathrooms, aren't nearly as excited about taking out the trash, mowing the lawn, or cleaning the gutters. As a matter of fact, a lot of women even wear not knowing how to cook as a badge of honor.

That equality door swings both ways.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:05 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Isn’t that your kid as well?
DNA test pending.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It's always men expected to do "women's work," when women are aghast at breaking a nail to do "men's work."

Taking care of THEIR kids is one thing. But women clamoring for men to do the dishes, cook, vacuum, and clean the bathrooms, aren't nearly as excited about taking out the trash, mowing the lawn, or cleaning the gutters. As a matter of fact, a lot of women even wear not knowing how to cook as a badge of honor.

That equality door swings both ways.
Funny, but since it's me and my sister living here, that means it's a woman taking out the trash around here. (Unless the one male in this house--a cat--suddenly develops the ability to do this.) And the rule at my parents' house was always "If the trash bag's full, then whoever sees it takes it out." Gender mattered not.

And I actually enjoy mowing my yard. I get an odd pleasure out of seeing the 'tracks' made when a section is cut vs. an uncut section.

Oh--I also repaired and replaced the sprinkler heads on my yard sprinkler system. Granted, it was a bit of trial and error on my part (much to the amusement of my neighbors who saw me drench myself thoroughly during the 'error' part), but I did get it done. By myself.

Cleaning the gutters--can't say I've ever done it, but that's because I've been in HOAs where that's a service the HOA performs. If they're going to do it, not much point in my doing so.

And my mom always cleaned the gutters at my childhood home. My dad's afraid of heights. (Getting your helicopter shot down will do that, I guess.)

My mom also mowed the lawn while my dad did the grocery shopping.

Oh, and did I mention that I recently painted both my living room and my kitchen? Including drilling to install new curtain rods? (I do own a drill. In fact, I own several tools that have all seen a good amount of use.)

My sister and I usually rake our own leaves and shovel our own snow (with a snow shovel, not a blower). Not so much this year, since a new family moved in next door and their 14-year-old son has been looking to earn extra cash, so he's always coming over asking if he can do this for us for money. Since we like to encourage teenagers earning money, we've been letting him do this.

Keep trying, though....

Last edited by Indigo Cardinal; 12-31-2018 at 09:21 PM..

Old 12-31-2018, 10:13 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,116,700 times
Sometimes I take out the trash and recycling. I've shoveled snow. I even did it barefoot before because I could I have mowed lawns, including the big non-riding commercial kind. I assemble furniture. I brought plenty of tools to the marriage. Etc.
My husband sometimes does kid care, cooking, cleaning, etc.

Yep, equality.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Men who are afraid that taking care of children and doing hosework will make them less masculine are cowards. Real men do what needs to be done and don't give a damn what anyone thinks about it.
Some of us had no choice in the matter - we had to be both mom and dad, doing both housework and hosework while working full-time jobs.

You do what you must do and remain thankful you don't have to do more.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Some of us had no choice in the matter - we had to be both mom and dad, doing both housework and hosework while working full-time jobs.

You do what you must do and remain thankful you don't have to do more.

Sadly true. My cousin is facing this with the death of his wife, leaving behind two young children.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Sadly true. My cousin is facing this with the death of his wife, leaving behind two young children.
Sorry to hear that - been there, done that. It's not easy, but he'll get through it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies