Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 01:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh look, even Trump supporters are taking a effort to claim Obamas successes as Trumps.

Trump had ZERO to do with this, this was part of the ACA that Obama passed that went into effect this year. This attempt to give Trump Credit for it is nonsense.
Not uncommon issue. Many Obama supporters were out claiming Obama raised the minimum wage, when in fact the increase was approved under Bush. Obama never increased the federal minimum wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 01:13 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Quote:
Trump had ZERO to do with this, this was part of the ACA that Obama passed that went into effect this year. This attempt to give Trump Credit for it is nonsense.
Why would Obama have this policy take place two years after he was out of office?

Old 01-02-2019, 01:17 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Why would Obama have this policy take place two years after he was out of office?

Quite a few pieces of the ACA had delayed implementation times in order to allow the hospitals and other providers time to prepare for them. Others so that if they needed changed they could be before they transitioned into being implemented.

And unlike Trump-Obama was trying to do something to help people, not to prop his ego up.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I wonder what the costs are/were/will be for those hundreds involved in mass shootings like Vegas, Pulse and many more?? Many of those people will cost the system tens of millions each over their lifetimes. Bullets are cheap, tho, so that keeps many happy.
We pay more than $18.5B for millions' of illegals' healthcare and that is a low estimate according to Forbes. There aren't that many mass shootings. Don't be silly. Why would you want people who shouldn't be here get money that Americans could use and have paid for? Virtue signalling and common sense are mutually exclusive.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:22 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Not uncommon for large regulations to roll out in phases over the course of years. In this case, maybe to give time to the impacted entities to prepare and implement it.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:55 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Naturally some on the left are having a fit about this, and trying to claim that it won't do any good, blah blah.

Back in the day, before I knew that hospitals charged ridiculous amounts, I had to go in for something. At the end, I was offered 2 Tylenol for the pain before I left.

Had I KNOWN that I was going to be charged 20 flipping dollars for that Tylenol, (ie: if there had been a price list there for me to see), I would never have accepted.

By making the price list available, upfront, for all to see, people won't get scammed for useless crap like that, or even worse.

Accept that it's a good thing and stop trashing on it just cause you hate Trump. We know, move on.
It's a policy first implemented in California and now part of the ACA. Glad to see you come around.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:25 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
We all know TrumpDontCare.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:34 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
For decades, hospitals hid their prices, allowing them to overcharge patients and give doctors and suppliers the kickbacks they needed to fund their extravagant lifestyles. That is now changing.

Trump, being a smart businessman, knows that price transparency creates competition and brings prices down. Prices may fall so much that libs might not even whine when silly Obamacare is phased out.

https://qz.com/1509095/hospital-to-p...-services/amp/
It's about damn time they are required to post charges!

Up to this point, hospitals have been making it up as they go in order to "get whatever we can get".

https://www.sbsun.com/2018/08/03/fed...e-overbilling/

On top of that many hospitals have been fined for overbilling. At least 30 in the last year. The above hospital group was fined $65M.

When people claim there isn't any real Medicare fraud, they don't have a clue.

Quote:
Quite a few pieces of the ACA had delayed implementation times in order to allow the hospitals and other providers time to prepare for them. Others so that if they needed changed they could be before they transitioned into being implemented.

And unlike Trump-Obama was trying to do something to help people, not to prop his ego up.

Is this what you have decided is what actually happened?

Here is an article that refutes what you are claiming:

Patients with high-deductible plans increasingly were asking St. Clair Hospital in Pittsburgh to tell them in advance how much their care would cost them out of pocket.

So two years ago, the independent community hospital worked with Experian to start providing individualized cost estimates for 135 common procedures through an online tool. Hospital Chief Financial Officer Richard Chesnos claims the estimates are nearly 100% accurate.

But St. Clair is the exception. Few hospitals nationally offer patients accurate, individualized information about how much they'll have to pay for medical services, experts say.

The CMS on Tuesday took an important first step to change that, heartening price transparency advocates. As part of its massive hospital inpatient payment system proposed rule, the agency wants to require hospitals to publish online a list of their standard charges in a machine-readable format and to update the information at least once a year.

The Affordable Care Act already mandates publishing charges, but the provision hasn't been enforced.

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/art...NEWS/180429939

It has been implemented all along but never enforced. This law, Trump's vanity aside, is to enforce it once and for all.

What's the use in having a law that is completely ignored? You know, like immigration laws.

Last edited by Originalist; 01-02-2019 at 05:43 PM..

Old 01-02-2019, 07:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
You might be surprised to hear this, but presidents don't write bills.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You might be surprised to hear this, but presidents don't write bills.
Oh, yes dear, I know. I'm always scolding Loony Leftists who personally blame Trump for everything, which is what they hear on the Trump Hating media 24/7. On this forum, using any president's name generally means their administration's policy. But I'm sure some Loonies don't know that yet and appreciate your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies