Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 12:12 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times

Advertisements

What's the plan, man?

Since it's clear that Trump's Wall is going to continue to divide this country for some time to come, how about if we get a little clarity into exactly what we are discussing.

Trump began this whole process 3 years ago by promising to "build a great wall," 30 feet tall, "from sea to shining sea." Remember? "A big, beautiful wall, with a big, beautiful door in the middle," whatever the hell that was supposed to mean. Since then, he's been all over the place with his stream of consciousness babbling, but he's never specifically explained exactly what the project will look like.

There is no plan. Normally, when seeking funding and political support for an infrastructure project of this scale, a President would lay out a detailed plan - how many miles of wall, how high, what type of wall, and most importantly, how much it's all going to cost. But Trump has done none of those things. None of those things.

There just is no detailed plan for his wall; it simply does not exist. Anywhere.

Yet when arguing with Trump supporters, I find that they frequently insist that Trump has laid out very detailed plans for the entire project - that it's "common knowledge", everyone knows it, there are dozens of links, etc. etc.

But when I ask them to show me one of those links, suddenly they can't find them. Odd, isn't it?

So, my question to you Trump supporters is this - what are Trump's exact plans for his Wall? Where exactly is it going to be built; how many miles, what parts of the border, what kind of construction will it be, and how much will it cost?

Should be simple, right? I mean, if he's asking Congress to give him tens of billions of dollars to build it, it's only reasonable that he should be able to explain exactly what that money is going to buy, right? So let's have at it. Show us Trump's plan!

Old 02-11-2019, 01:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
What's the plan, man?

Since it's clear that Trump's Wall is going to continue to divide this country for some time to come, how about if we get a little clarity into exactly what we are discussing.

Trump began this whole process 3 years ago by promising to "build a great wall," 30 feet tall, "from sea to shining sea." Remember? "A big, beautiful wall, with a big, beautiful door in the middle," whatever the hell that was supposed to mean. Since then, he's been all over the place with his stream of consciousness babbling, but he's never specifically explained exactly what the project will look like.

There is no plan. Normally, when seeking funding and political support for an infrastructure project of this scale, a President would lay out a detailed plan - how many miles of wall, how high, what type of wall, and most importantly, how much it's all going to cost. But Trump has done none of those things. None of those things.

There just is no detailed plan for his wall; it simply does not exist. Anywhere.

Yet when arguing with Trump supporters, I find that they frequently insist that Trump has laid out very detailed plans for the entire project - that it's "common knowledge", everyone knows it, there are dozens of links, etc. etc.

But when I ask them to show me one of those links, suddenly they can't find them. Odd, isn't it?

So, my question to you Trump supporters is this - what are Trump's exact plans for his Wall? Where exactly is it going to be built; how many miles, what parts of the border, what kind of construction will it be, and how much will it cost?

Should be simple, right? I mean, if he's asking Congress to give him tens of billions of dollars to build it, it's only reasonable that he should be able to explain exactly what that money is going to buy, right? So let's have at it. Show us Trump's plan!
An executive doesn't show his hand. Granted that's a horrible way for a president to run things but that's Trump.

I didn't trust the last President or the one before that. Their word is no good. Granted he was the lessor of 2 evils compared to that evil witch Hillary. But it's still evil.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:35 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
OK, so... so far we have 2 posts admitting that he has no detailed plan for the wall. Thanks for your honesty, guys.

Anyone else?

Old 02-11-2019, 04:33 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Trump isn't saying ISIS is defeated. Iraqis are.
Quote:

Old 02-11-2019, 05:50 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Let's say you win. Then what you got? What's gonna stop the 5000 people from rushing the border. What's in it for you?

They are of like ethnicity so it doesn't matter to him. It's that typical tribal mentality that many Latinos have and our laws be damned.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:00 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
OK, so his specific plan is that he is now going to beef up 700 miles of existing fence, and add 300 more? That's it, then?

And you say it's "common knowledge?"

Yet you can't seem to find a link to support that. I wonder why.

So, I'm calling bull****.

Funny you couldn't find a link.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ed-full-border

Old 02-11-2019, 06:11 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
If you were building a security system for your home , would you put up detailed plans for everyone in the world to see ?

Old 02-11-2019, 06:15 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
What's the plan, man?

He confers with Border Enforcement and associated Law Enforcement. Who do you take advice from?

Old 02-11-2019, 06:21 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If you were building a security system for your home , would you put up detailed plans for everyone in the world to see ?
If you were demanding that I pay for it yes. I want to see what I’m buying.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:21 AM

989 posts, read 455,702 times
I'd like to see a plan too.

Any major construction project (which is what the wall is) would/should have design and studies done for effectiveness, environmental impact, property easements, and at least a scope of what the final costs could potentially be if everything went well or went poorly. I'm sure Trump had to show construction plans for any loan he obtained to build his properties. No one would lend significant money without something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies