Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 05:00 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
If he had said he was going ahead he would of been the evil emperor to you.
If he goes along with her according to you he "bows" down.
He did say he was going ahead. Nancy said not in the House. He realized there wouldn't be much pomp and circumstance for him outside of the Congress, so he decided to wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 05:01 PM

1,991 posts, read 901,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What part of my post was "baloney"? 800 thousand is far less than over 320 million. I'm not a kool aid drinker I research the facts. You and yours might try it sometime but it wouldn't fit your agendas.
BS! 320 million US citizens are not in immediate peril of anything. Exactly how are YOU are in peril? Please don’t say you are going be murdered, cause you know that’s not going to happen. Raped? Nope not likely. Going to start a drug dependency and get your supply from a illegal alien? Get real! Get the measles? Only if you hang out with rightie antivaxers. Worried about pennies on the dollar of your tax bill? You will live. And finally, trampled by a caravan? Don’t make me laugh.

On the other hand, 800,000 of your fellow citizens are being held hostage by a failed promise of of your guru Trump.

Trump ran on the fact that Mexico would pay for the wall. Mexico said, to no one with any sense, surprise ,“Go to Hell!” And now we suffer for Trumps failed promise.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:06 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Great! Is the shutdown over? No, then she's not doing a good job. The truth is that Ms. Pelosi cares about party power above all.
You must be kidding! I've known Nancy for years -- she is all about the Children! and the little man (if he does not have the great sin of whiteness) and little women (white not preferred but acceptable. She is a Grandmother - Grandmothers don't care about personal or party power.

The only "party" they care about are the parties for "the Children!!"

Old 01-24-2019, 05:07 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Trump is losing Senate Republicans...this thing is just about over.

Quote:
GOP senators read Pence riot act before shutdown votes
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...mpression=true

Quote:
Frustrated GOP senators read Vice President Pence the riot act at a closed-door meeting Thursday, telling him the partial government shutdown needs to end soon, according to lawmakers in the room.

Republican senators, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), warned the vice president that prolonging the shutdown is not a smart political strategy, in hopes of sending a clear message to President Trump that he needs to resolve the crisis as soon as possible.

Lawmakers vented their irritation to Pence shortly before six GOP senators defected to vote for a Democratic-backed bill that would open the government without funding Trump's proposed border wall.

One GOP senator said lawmakers told Pence "the shutdown needs to come to an end, this is not a strategy that works [and] we never should have had a shutdown in the first place."
This is a good read.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:13 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,019,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And you think that wall will be built this year or next or the next even with his bogus executive order? This thing will be tied up for years in the courts. Trump can say all he wants that the Dems won't negotiate, but he's the one who won't budge from his idiotic wall monument. Even the CBP says the border security issue is complicated. I wish somebody could explain all this to Trumpy Bear in a way he could understand. I sure they must have a book with pictures in it somewhere.
https://qz.com/1525881/customs-and-b...-boring-truth/
But you see, it doesn't matter if it's tied up in court for years. What matters is government will be re-opened right after he does this. Pres. Trump will declare a victory in his eyes, and the battle then shifts.

So, the workers get paid, some will be happy, some won't be, but life goes on!

Old 01-24-2019, 05:14 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
BS! 320 million US citizens are not in immediate peril of anything. Exactly how are YOU are in peril? Please don’t say you are going be murdered, cause you know that’s not going to happen. Raped? Nope not likely. Going to start a drug dependency and get your supply from a illegal alien? Get real! Get the measles? Only if you hang out with rightie antivaxers. Worried about pennies on the dollar of your tax bill? You will live. And finally, trampled by a caravan? Don’t make me laugh.

On the other hand, 800,000 of your fellow citizens are being held hostage by a failed promise of of your guru Trump.

Trump ran on the fact that Mexico would pay for the wall. Mexico said, to no one with any sense, surprise ,“Go to Hell!” And now we suffer for Trumps failed promise.
Really, do we have to clarify this point yet again? Well.....I guess we do.

"Mexico will pay for the wall" never meant that they were going to write a check. It meant that we would get it from them in other, indirect ways.

* Tariffs
* Fines on their illegals
* Excise Taxes on phone calls
* Confiscation of wages of their illegals
* Currency manipulation

You're welcome.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Why is the thread of this title:
*****Trump's gov't SHUTDOWN***** MERGED

And not:

*****Gov SHUTDOWN***** MERGED

Or:
*****Pelosi's SHUTDOWN***** MERGED

Wish mods would be less a-political.
Maybe because it is Trump's shutdown.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Pelosi hasn't even received a demeaning pet name from tRump.

He's clearly afraid of her.

Exactly!

Old 01-24-2019, 05:19 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Here's what the CBP thinks. And it's complicated.
https://qz.com/1525881/customs-and-b...-boring-truth/
And from the link in your post:

CBP officials want a “border wall system” that includes more technology, more manpower, and new infrastructure, but they never mentioned a coast-to-coast wall, which Trump once proposed. A barrier is not effective without technology or access roads, they said, and technology is less effective without barriers

---------------------------

I haven't seen anyone in any wall thread call for a continuous wall from San Diego to Brownsville.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:20 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Trump is losing Senate Republicans...this thing is just about over.

This is a good read.
A good read indeed.

"McConnell talked about how we need to bring this process to a close; we should never have had a shutdown; they don't work; I've said this numerous times; I don't know how many times I've told you there's no education in the second kick of a mule," said a GOP source familiar with the meeting."

"To underscore the stern message they sent to Pence, six Republicans - Murkowski, Isakson and Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Susan Collins (Maine), Cory Gardner (Colo.) and Mitt Romney (Utah) - voted for the Democratic proposal. The 52-44 vote fell short of the 60 needed to advance."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies