Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 07:17 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I for one will not be watching his pointless State of the Union address.

It will just he full of his usual blah blah blah rhetoric about immigrants.
Meanwhile he failed on healthcare and failed on his wall.
I think he should skip attempting any address and just send out a written statement that we can all merrily ignore.

Illegal aliens aren't plain ole "immigrants". Nothing has failed that hasn't succeeded "yet" especially when you at least try but have enough people bucking you. You seem to enjoy Trump's supposed failures instead of rooting for and supporting policy that will benefit Americans. That's what partisan hacks do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 07:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
700 Miles of double and single barbed wire fencing, walls in specific areas, and technology. That's what they voted for in 06 and I, nor probably most democrats, would not have a problem with this today. I'm all for it and have said so a number of times. It's had a great effect. Crossings are down to an all time low. We can do better and we should.

What Trump wants (to the best that anyone can figure) is about 1000 miles of solid wall. That's symbolic perhaps, but stupid. If you lived out here, you'd know that too.

It would be VERY, VERY helpful if Trump, and Congress too, would spell out what it is they really aim to do. We should be demanding that.

For all of tRump's bluster and BS about the "crisis on the border" he sure hasn't come up with any specific plan after two full years.

All he does is repeat his silly fear mongering that only sells to his most dedicated followers.

Make up your mind about what it is you even want. Is it the "big beautiful 30 ft concrete wall"? Is it about half a dozen other things you've mentioned?

Show America where this wall/barrier/steel slats will go. Let's hear from the Border Patrol on what THEY say would be most effective.

Give us a cost breakdown.

Present it to Mexico and demand payment, ya wimpy loudmouth.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:30 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens aren't plain ole "immigrants". Nothing has failed that hasn't succeeded "yet" especially when you at least try but have enough people bucking you. You seem to enjoy Trump's supposed failures instead of rooting for and supporting policy that will benefit Americans. That's what partisan hacks do.
How did the Trump Shutdown benefit Americans? From where I sit it looked like a total disaster whose effects will be felt for a long time.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:35 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
How did the Trump Shutdown benefit Americans? From where I sit it looked like a total disaster whose effects will be felt for a long time.
For all their simpering about the left wanting to "destroy America". This is what they got to save us...?

I won't put that attitude on most righties. Only the wacky right seeks healing through destruction. My normal republican friends would laugh at that same as me.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:35 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
No it didnt. It reinforced the fact that they didn't want to spend billions of taxpayer dollars on Trumps vanity project.
Yet Schumer among many Democrats were willing to spend billions of taxpayer dollars on the wall back in 2006? Want to explain that? Did you tell Schumer and the rest of the Democrats including Obama who signed that bill that it was a vanity project to them? Thought not, hypocrite!

Last edited by Oldglory; 01-28-2019 at 07:56 AM..

Old 01-28-2019, 07:37 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Yet Schumer among many Democrats were willing to spend billions of taxpayer dollars on the wall back in 2006? Want to explain that? Did you tell Schumer and the rest of the Democrats including Obama who signed that bill that is was a vanity project to them? Thought not, hypocrite!
Quote:
700 Miles of double and single barbed wire fencing, walls in specific areas, and technology. That's what they voted for in 06 and I, nor probably most democrats, would not have a problem with this today. I'm all for it and have said so a number of times. It's had a great effect. Crossings are down to an all time low. We can do better and we should.

What Trump wants (to the best that anyone can figure) is about 1000 miles of solid wall. That's symbolic perhaps, but stupid. If you lived out here, you'd know that too.

It would be VERY, VERY helpful if Trump, and Congress too, would spell out what it is they really aim to do. We should be demanding that.
Same answer as last time.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:55 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
For all their simpering about the left wanting to "destroy America". This is what they got to save us...?

I won't put that attitude on most righties. Only the wacky right seeks healing through destruction. My normal republican friends would laugh at that same as me.
I was around during the Vietnam war and remember the line "we had to destroy the village to save it". Maybe Trump is thinking along the same lines, that is if he can be said to be thinking at all. Trump is like a one man wrecking crew.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:07 AM

10,534 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
I just explained that in my last post and the reason why. How was that his fault as he tried? Many of the Republicans do want the wall and no one has said they all do but it's mostly the Democrats that are objecting to it and especially Pelosi and Schumer. Yet Schumer was ok with it back in 2006. Hmm.

I don't know what Trump plans to do if Chucky and Nancy continue to say no. I hope they can all sit down and work something out. All you have is a negative attitude and snarky remarks. It's obvious to me that you have an agenda against the wall and Trump himself so you don't want a compromise, period.
All I have is negative comments and snarky remarks?
You have written three posts in response to me this morning and two of them resorted to ad hominem. Try looking in the mirror.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:13 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
All I have is negative comments and snarky remarks?
You have written three posts in response to me this morning and two of them resorted to ad hominem. Try looking in the mirror.
Thank you. Some people seem to be detached from reality.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:24 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The only benefit I can see is that it was a live demonstration of Trump's ability to lead and negotiate

Trump continues to lie through his teeth about bound women being trafficked, drugs and gangs moving across empty desert instead of through checkpoints in the wall sections that already exist, ...

70% of Americans were against the shutdown and nearly that many see the wall as a waste of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies