Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 08:03 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That's their own faults for not cleaning up their neighborhoods by working with the police to arrest the bad guys who are threatening their lives. They WANT to live like that.
Ask any 10 year old inner city black kid and I bet they disagree. Once again, telling black people how they think and why. How is it that you know them better than they know themselves?

Old 01-08-2019, 08:08 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It's the TRUTH....the truth is "How that works".
Not really. It might be part of the truth, but it certainly isn't the whole truth. Do you not acknowledge that there are other factors that lead to the results you posted BESIDES white oppression? Factors that have nothing to do at all with white oppression? Do you not acknowledge that some of the same problems in the black community we see in America are still going on in Africa?

Old 01-08-2019, 08:09 AM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Mostly all killed by other black guys.
Some might argue that's the case because the NRA is a very effective lobbyist for the firearms industry. Some poor people, no matter what color, are going to resort to criminality. It's because they're poor not because they're black.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:11 AM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
Not really. It might be part of the truth, but it certainly isn't the whole truth. Do you not acknowledge that there are other factors that lead to the results you posted BESIDES white oppression? Factors that have nothing to do at all with white oppression? Do you not acknowledge that some of the same problems in the black community we see in America are still going on in Africa?
So what? It's genetic? That's abhorrent. And very, very wrong. Most of "Post-Colonial" Africa's problems are in fact due to white people.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Which you'll agree is hard to escape.
Because something is hard is not an excuse to just give up. It's just not. Life's not fair. The excuse making is a big part of the problem.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
So what? It's genetic? That's abhorrent. And very, very wrong. Most of "Post-Colonial" Africa's problems are in fact due to white people.
Maybe. Maybe part cultural I don't know exactly. But I do know blaming it all on whitey is going to keep you right where you are.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:15 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:

You can't say that some factors have NOTHING to do with a control group. Ergo, absent a situation where blacks have not been oppressed in this country, how would blacks behave? Oh....wait....what about the Africans who immigrate to America. They seem to do a lot better than African Americans. They certainly seem to have a different CULTURE, yet, they are "black". Indeed, African Americans started off as just Africans....with African Culture.....until this land and the people controlling it changed us to what we are today. The Africans, minus this exposure, seem to do much better in America.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:19 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Maybe. Maybe part cultural I don't know exactly. But I do know blaming it all on whitey is going to keep you right where you are.
Maybe some of them like where they are. A righteous grievance is as good as gold in some circles.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:20 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
September 18, 2017

Americans, especially wealthy whites, vastly overestimate progress toward racial economic equality despite evidence of persistent gaps between black and white workers when it comes to hourly wages, annual income and household wealth
Unequal results do not mean unequal opportunity. Why is this concept so difficult for those on the left.

The NBA is nearly 90% black. Does that mean the there is racism towards whites? NO!!!!!!! Unequal results do not mean unequal opportunity.

Many migrants from India with tanned skin make more money than whites. Does that mean there is Indian privilege and that whites are discriminated? NO!!!!!!!! Unequal results does not mean unequal opportunity.

: smack::s mack::sm ack::sma ck::smac k:

Assuming victimhood leads to depression, low self esteem, anger, and tribalism.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:21 AM
TKO

Quote:
You can't say that some factors have NOTHING to do with a control group. Ergo, absent a situation where blacks have not been oppressed in this country, how would blacks behave? Oh....wait....what about the Africans who immigrate to America. They seem to do a lot better than African Americans. They certainly seem to have a different CULTURE, yet, they are "black". Indeed, African Americans started off as just Africans....with African Culture.....until this land and the people controlling it changed us to what we are today. The Africans, minus this exposure, seem to do much better in America.
This is my point made better than I could. I can't tell black people how long it should take them to recover from slavery. They are the only ones who know what it takes. No one else. We see that, unarguably, it takes longer than 150 years.

Serfs in medieval Europe had a very similar take on life, I'm sure. At some point that past became the past and it will for black people too. I can't say how long it should take, and no other judgmental white people can either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies