Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2019, 09:56 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,514,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That would not be me. I pass.

I was going to read it but then I saw that you had quoted and commented and so I read your response first. If you think it is nonsense....then I will not bother either. Thanks for the filter.
Sounds like you are fine with other people doing your thinking for you.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:59 AM

25,592 posts, read 17,318,658 times
Quote:
White people are really confident that things are getting better for blacks.
White people are not concerned about black people.
Black people are not concerned about white people.

Does "being concerned" mean the same thing as "sending money". I think so.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:06 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,717,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Thing is-there is no profiting in that. People such as the OP, Al Sharpton, Jessie, etc, stand to loose when black people, as a whole, prosper. They can no longer hide their personal failures behind their skin color. Those of us that recognize that, as a whole, all races are equal in all important matters and have great opportunities in this country don't play that game.

Yeah...lets obfuscate the CAUSES and EFFECT that have been recorded by history and integrated into the REASONING on the topic of socioeconomic racial inequality...and instead attack the character and financial well being and integrity of the OP and others who use the law of CAUSE and EFFECT.

Regardless of how much my life is a failure and how I need to survive off casting aspersion upon white folks.....that does not invalidate CAUSE and EFFECTS from the history of racism. You want to talk about ME, inventing things in your mind, because you can't handle the bigger discussion. You want to make this about ME.....my ANGER, MY personal destitution and MY need to blame others for it. Poor wittle me...lol

Old 01-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Sounds like you are fine with other people doing your thinking for you.

Why reinvent the wheel? Hey...is that not why you listen to conservative talk radio and watch Fox? Forgive me....I am assuming.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:09 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,514,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Why reinvent the wheel? Hey...is that not why you listen to conservative talk radio and watch Fox? Forgive me....I am assuming.
You are assuming like a pro. And failing miserably.

Be smarter. And think for yourself.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You are assuming like a pro. And failing miserably.

Be smarter. And think for yourself.

I would have to first TRUST you to feel like I am failing about my assumptions.

I did think for myself. I THOUGHT, after having read many of Catgirl64 post, that she is an intelligent person. Thus, I THOUGHT there was no need of me to read a post that another intelligent person thought was a waste of time, due to inconsistencies.

That was a lot of thinking on my part.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:20 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,975,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Why do you call yourself an indentured servant? Is you entire identity wrapped up in victimhood? I could easily choose the name "descendant of Holocaust victims," but my family didn't think like that. Despite unspeakable horrors, my grandparents - who lost their parents and siblings - focused on what it takes to move forward:

1. A determination to have children within marriage
2. Delayed gratification and sacrifice for higher education

So, I've said this before and I'll say it again: my grandparents arrived here with the clothes on their back and not even a high school diploma. Yet, one generation later, all their kids (my parents and aunts/uncles) all had college degrees. From dirt-poor immigrants in tenements (generation 1) to college-educated professionals with homes in nice suburbs (generation 2).

This constant fixation on what is owed you and how wronged your ancestors were isn't helping you - it's turning you into a bitter man. Just focus on what black people themselves can do to help themselves, encourage that, and you'll be much better off than demanding reparations or whatever.
This article doesn't say that at all, but offended readers such as yourself automatically jump to that conclusion. It is printing the facts. It says white people believe blacks are doing better economically. It doesn't say they are owed more. Blacks make less than whites. Not sure where printing the facts became so irritating, because it is apparently. And no, blacks do not have equality of opportunity. That is the truth. "Pulling yourself up by your bootstraps" only goes so far. If you and yours became successful professionals, that's fantastic. Congratulations. But it's extremely hard to pull yourself out of poverty. The constant demonization of poor people gets very old on these forums. And having children within marriage is no guarantee of success. Not with a 50% divorce rate. With childcare and college being so expensive, many people can't afford one or both of things. That's why Caucasian birthrates are dropping in America.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This article doesn't say that at all, but offended readers such as yourself automatically jump to that conclusion. It is printing the facts. It says white people believe blacks are doing better economically. It doesn't say they are owed more. Blacks make less than whites. Not sure where printing the facts became so irritating, because it is apparently. And no, blacks do not have equality of opportunity. That is the truth. "Pulling yourself up by your bootstraps" only goes so far. If you and yours became successful professionals, that's fantastic. Congratulations. But it's extremely hard to pull yourself out of poverty. The constant demonization of poor people gets very old on these forums. And having children within marriage is no guarantee of success. Not with a 50% divorce rate. With childcare and college being so expensive, many people can't afford one or both of things. That's why Caucasian birthrates are dropping in America.

That person projects their anger and assumes others are as angry about the facts as they are having to read them. Maybe they are projecting that black people SHOULD be angry over those facts, because I have not read one person's post where I thought they came across as being angry.....except those accusing people of being angry.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
I wish you well in your move back to Africa my brother

I'm sure.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:19 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,661,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Now, most white people think if they haven't personally committed or witnessed blatant racism, it doesn't exist and life has been all parades and high 5's for black people since the civil war."

Are you white or black?I

If black, you have no clue what whte peopel think, according to many blacks reasoning on here.

If white, have you talked to "most white people" YPURSELF and discussed this with them? Have you ASKED them.

You have NEVER sat down with me or any other white person I know, and I know PLENTY.

If NOT, you have NO AUTHORITY to speek for them.
Lmao. You know all the white people?

The difference is most Black folk have to interact with white people more often than the other way around.
I bet most of these experts on CD have minimal contact with Black propel besides the news and their YouTube rabbit holes watching Al Sharpton videos.

Also, people like you make sure we know how you think because you guys swear you are experts on all things involving cultures and colors you don’t interact with on a daily basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies