Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 10:52 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,352,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
If they busted everyone the 7th fleet would be at half staff.
I think his full staff is what got him in trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 11:00 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,818,301 times
I was commanding a sub a few years back, and decided to do heroin (long been on my bucket list). To cut a long story short, an oil tanker was sunk, and I lost two weeks pay.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:21 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,457,081 times
LOL. Yeah it was someone with a axe to grind. Theres a lot of that sort of thing occurring, and the fact that its illegal there is a surprise given how public it all is, and common.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:24 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,659,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
This redefines "fire the torpedo".
Periscope up!

Old 01-14-2019, 12:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,645,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
The USS Bremerton wasn't a "nuke boat" it was an attack sub. No nukes on board, not even tac nukes since they retired the W80 TLAM warhead.

Nuclear sub != Boomer.

All attack subs have been nuclear powered for decades. All are capable of carrying nuclear armed torpedoes as well as cruise missiles.

They ARE a different breed from the boomers, it's true.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:30 PM

16,375 posts, read 10,545,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I was commanding a sub a few years back, and decided to do heroin (long been on my bucket list). To cut a long story short, an oil tanker was sunk, and I lost two weeks pay.
Aren't you the same guy who bragged about trying to start a fight with the groom at his wedding. I asked then and I'll asking again now: What is wrong with you?

Old 01-14-2019, 03:48 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,818,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Aren't you the same guy who bragged about trying to start a fight with the groom at his wedding. I asked then and I'll asking again now: What is wrong with you?
Both incidents actually happened on the same day - it was just one of those days.

Nothing wrong with me, I just believe in standing up for myself.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:52 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,519,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
So, Commanderdude did something to tick someone off, that is what I think.

Navy, when they go into port and have liberty, the modus-operandi is for most to drink heavily
and chase after the "working ladies".
I agree. The higher up the food chain the less likely the USMJ is applied.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:56 PM

24,917 posts, read 9,663,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Probably the vast majority of US navy sailors are having sex with prostitutes in places like the Philippines. This sounds like some people had an axe to grind so to speak and dug this up on him.
Probably? 100% likely.

But yeah, the difference is they either don't get caught or no one reports it. The Navy pulls into Philippines and Thailand ports, it's not secret to what a bunch of young men are going to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I agree. The higher up the food chain the less likely the USMJ is applied.
Bingo, as an O6 (Navy commander, usually has 18+ years in service) you must've of really pissed someone off to be caught like this. This means someone above him had to find out and do something before it leaked out.

The Navy has been going to the Philippines and Thailand for decades.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,325,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
and he should be, busted down to e-1. Its all about honor
Schtaaaaahp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Give him a break. Half the posters here are millionaires if you let them tell it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
If they busted everyone the 7th fleet would be at half staff.
Lol...exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I guess the US military still holds to the quasi nobility standard for its officers and "other ranks" as the British used to use the term. That some sailor dropped a dime on his Captain is a symptom of a command problem. And/or he was so public with his affairs that his command could not ignore the complaint calls his judgement into play. Is he really a man to stay in line to command a doomsday missile firing submarine or command a squadron? As a Commander he probably has the time in to retire from the Navy with a pension paying him more than the average American's gross income.
Yeah, he won’t be hurting for money. Six figure pension for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Well. He was an officer, commander and in a senior leadership position. And he got caught. Held to a higher standard than the enlisted masses. Did a lot of time as a Marine years ago in Southeast Asia. Olongapo, Angeles City and other places. The stories I could tell.
Come on...gimme a break. Officers have paid for enough hookers in the Philippines to service the whole fleet over the decades. Everyone knows it. It’s not some secret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies