Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 02:12 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,750,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I don't think anybody needed proof that a guy who shoots two people over a pancake is indeed 'a bad guy'.
It looked like this guy needed proof the killer was a bad guy...as ridiculous as that may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
without knowing the background on this story why are people assuming "good" guy "bad" guy etc..etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They usually do get fired. Happens all the time.
That ihop would face tremendous public backlash if the guy gets fired...assuming he checks out and legally can carry a weapon.

Old 01-18-2019, 02:16 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
That ihop would face tremendous public backlash if the guy gets fired...assuming he checks out and legally can carry a weapon.
He should not get fired, but they normally do. Most places do not allow employees to defend themselves.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
He should not get fired, but they normally do. Most places do not allow employees to defend themselves.
I've got a feeling he wouldn't be out of a job for very long

Old 01-18-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
the link you provided is from 2011...and it says argument over a women in that case which proves my point somebody has an emotional argument AND a gun and that's it .. i believe as an advocate of some gun control i think there are way more potential "bad" guys than "good" guys if we must use those terms...many, many people are not to stable and have guns right now
More hits from this dead scumbag for your reading pleasure. More “emotional” issues?

Straight up thug.

Update: Huntsville Police arrest gunman in Rime Village shooting

Old 01-18-2019, 04:57 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Many (or most) other countries get by just fine without arming their citizens for "self defense". We have created an intolerable situation in America by letting the gun industry run rampant. They basically own the NRA whose very existence is there to promote the industry's products. The NRA has done this by spreading the myth that people need to arm themselves for their own protection. It is fear mongering at the worst and a lot of people have fallen for it. We are paying a high price for our cowboy culture that glorifies the west and everyone carrying a six shooter. I think we can do better than that.

(sigh) I'm SO over the "Wild West" and "cowboy" attempts at slander. Way done to death pard. Stick a fork in it already. We armed citizens probably like a good Western movie and are maybe history buffs but we are NOT trying to live in the 19th century just because we own firearms.

We are hardly walking into Wal Mart or lets say IHOP with spurs on our boots and an 1873 Colt 45 on our hip. Like it or not we live in an armed society. Our criminal class is heavily armed but they don't get their weapons where we citizens do with background checks and paperwork involved. Truth be known a high percentage of guns in criminal hand are marked US Property and were stolen from military sources.

If we legal owners are the problem why is it that LEGALLLY obtained firearms have a decimal point before the percentage number of crimes committed with them? We have a river of illegal weapons coming across our Southern border to supply the cartels foot soldiers here, the gangs. How will denying me and millions of citizens like me, the right to have weapons to self defense or whatever LEGAL purpose we see fit stop anything evil from happening with ILLEGALLY possessed firearms?

Old 01-18-2019, 05:35 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
Situations like this only enforce my opinion, that if I am leaving my house, then I am almost always armed. I try and keep good situational awareness and I don't look to try and start any trouble.

I would walk away from a fight before pulling my gun.

My wife once said to me, why are you putting on your gun, we are just going to Kroger's. I said I put on a gun when I leave the house, it goes places with me; whether that is to Kroger's or IHOP, or the movies.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:47 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
More hits from this dead scumbag for your reading pleasure. More “emotional” issues?

Straight up thug.

Update: Huntsville Police arrest gunman in Rime Village shooting

well i see you live nearby no wonder you know more about this ...i would agree this "thug" is maybe one of those wanna-be gangstas

Old 01-18-2019, 07:47 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Situations like this only enforce my opinion, that if I am leaving my house, then I am almost always armed. I try and keep good situational awareness and I don't look to try and start any trouble.

I would walk away from a fight before pulling my gun.

My wife once said to me, why are you putting on your gun, we are just going to Kroger's. I said I put on a gun when I leave the house, it goes places with me; whether that is to Kroger's or IHOP, or the movies.
MUCH RESPECT for being reasonable in walking away before using your gun.
But man, if you have to strap up whenever you leave your house- WHAT kind of place is SO bad that decent folks have to lock and load to go to Krogers??

Old 01-18-2019, 08:00 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
MUCH RESPECT for being reasonable in walking away before using your gun.
But man, if you have to strap up whenever you leave your house- WHAT kind of place is SO bad that decent folks have to lock and load to go to Krogers??

No one know what might happen and where. Regardless of how "good" or "bad" a place may be there is always a chance that something bad can happen where a person needs to be armed. Better to be ready as possible than not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies