Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 02:24 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

The very, very few conservative media outlets have very little voice compared to NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post and the plethora of other Leftist media. It is overwhelming. Now we have a very leftist social media in Facebook, Twitter, Google, and other Tech. So don't tell me conservative pundits have any advantage as the Media, Education, most of Government, and now Corporate America are Far Leftists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 02:24 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Until the emergence of Rush Limbaugh c.1990) conservatives lacked a spokesman with grass-roots appeal. William Buckley was too much of a highbrow, and Paul Harvey would go only so far for fear of losing much of his apolitical following. Limbaugh exposed the fatal flaws of elitist liberalism, and the naivete', ignorance and vulgarity of a lot of the followers lured by the promise of reward at the expense of those they had been blindly conditioned to resent. And in doing so, he struck the right chord with a lot of ordinary, productive citizens left out of the Leftists' coalition of failures and have-nots -- the kind of people Hillary Clinton thinks of as "deplorables".

I very seldom listen to Limbaugh; he resonates better with people like my late dairy-farmer father, and the drivers of the senior-paratransit vans I sometimes patronize. I do know that he seldom reverts to the term "feminazi' or broadcasts the tears and tantrums of those still suffering from Trump-inspired derangement. But when he takes the time to outline the reasoning behind his position, he's usually right on target. He no longer has to peddle simple answers to the back-benchers in his own ranks, but happily, that's not the case for the collection of simpletons out there in Left Field.

Judging by the fact that the perpetual whiners and caterwaulers who seek to dominate this site still fall back on the term "right-wing" to demonize anyone who doesn't swallow their often-contradictory Agenda of Political Correctness, it's apparent they haven't learned their lesson -- and regardless of who does the necessary chore, it will be a pleasure to hear them howl when it's delivered again.

As many a defiant toddler has learned, what can't be coaxed down can sometimes be pushed up.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 01-18-2019 at 02:54 PM..

Old 01-18-2019, 03:26 PM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I agree. I would ask the same question about prominent evangelical leaders. Why do GOP politicians care so much what Jerry Falwell, James Dobson, and Franklin Graham have to say? These people are unelected and represent a fringe ideology. The GOP's embrace of them makes their ideology carry so much more weight than it otherwise would.

There is some of this on the left but it's far worse on the right.

Sure it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qmweHbj-Ks

Old 01-18-2019, 03:32 PM

37,224 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
More than once we have seen Trump change his mind at the very last minute based on criticism from the likes of Ann Coulter. Clearly it is a big reason why he refuses to give ground on the Wall. My question is, who are Coulter, Hannity and Limbaugh anyway and why does anyone give a rat's patoot what they think?

I don't see the same phenomenon on the left. I don't think Pelosi is saying "I gotta fight this wall, or Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow will be upset".
The RW pundits don't have any unusual power. They have just arrived at a point where they have a weakling and a coward who is afraid of their disapproval if he doesn't do what he's told to do.

Things will level off when we have an adult in the Oval Office again.

Last edited by cuebald; 01-18-2019 at 03:52 PM..

Old 01-18-2019, 04:10 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
More than once we have seen Trump change his mind at the very last minute based on criticism from the likes of Ann Coulter. Clearly it is a big reason why he refuses to give ground on the Wall. My question is, who are Coulter, Hannity and Limbaugh anyway and why does anyone give a rat's patoot what they think?

I don't see the same phenomenon on the left. I don't think Pelosi is saying "I gotta fight this wall, or Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow will be upset".

Because right-wing listeners have so little brain power.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:09 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
when i use the term right-wing i simply mean pro-corporation..left-wing means pro-citizen to myself i dont get involved with the fringe or lunacy from either side..i think political correctness is silliness from the left..but then the left has a habit of shooting itself in the foot..the Pro-corporations came together in a new concerted long-term effort beginig in the 1970's inspired by OVER-regulation (perhaps)

The organizational counterattack of business in the 1970s was swift and sweeping — a domestic version of Shock and Awe. The number of corporations with public affairs offices in Washington grew from 100 in 1968 to over 500 in 1978. In 1971, only 175 firms had registered lobbyists in Washington, but by 1982, nearly 2,500 did. The number of corporate PACs increased from under 300 in 1976 to over 1,200 by the middle of 1980.[5] On every dimension of corporate political activity, the numbers reveal a dramatic, rapid mobilization of business resources in the mid-1970s.

of course this turn to the right is also evident with clinton and NAFTA a traditional rightwing cause...so the people have very little representation at all..younger people have seen this gap and now we have AOC and yes she is giving the left more grief than the right as the right just dismiss her as crazy!! lol but is "globalism" really written in stone somewhere?

https://billmoyers.com/content/the-p...-corporations/

the right concentrates on corporate money issues while hitting hot-button emotionally charged fring issues that somehow got owned by the left..using these emotionally charged issues as a base the right consistently votes for pro-business positions in the mistaken belief that they will also benefit

Last edited by elvis44102; 01-18-2019 at 05:18 PM..

Old 01-18-2019, 05:46 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
These people are the defacto leaders of the Republican party. The DC insiders have had to cow tow to human ham Limbaugh for decades so this isn't really new.

Pretty pathetic these trolls actually control the President.
Rush Limbaugh lists his occupation as “ entertainer “ . Pretty sad that he has so much influence.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:56 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
They are interested in rigid, strongman ideals, not nuance or facts.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:55 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:

So, Pelosi doesn't generally take the positions of the Neocon-Neoliberal MSM? Right. Fake news.

Someone sounds like they dislike anyone saying anything that isn't Left Wing propaganda in the public space. Since the vast majority of "news" is shaped as Left Wing propaganda in 2018, I congratulate you on your total sense of political entitlement and anti-democratic dominance. Its impressive.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:

They perfected the craft long before the MSM media caught on. Like Trump's small but loyal base, their large and loyal audience are loyal. They listen EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I had a good friend who was a die hard conservative and a slave to Hannity and Limbaugh. Seriously -- she listened or watched every single day.

I don't know how they do it -- or find the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies