Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2019, 08:39 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
A completely innocent party-and a CHILD.

While she frames questions that make the ADULT liar, fraud, bully and professional activist out to be the victim.
Well, her bosses are all tied to the Democrat party so not so unusual. Hollywood, the Left leaning press, their leaders secretly meeting with the likes of Luis Farrakhan and the Muslim Brotherhood without fear of repercussion. No surprise they attack a kid.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:51 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Oh, really. You will see that's not how it works. It's about spreading lies that hurt the kids reputation and led to death threats, not about whether the chaperones should have moved the kids.

You're logic is like saying a woman could have avoided rape if she just wore less revealing clothes.

And, no I don't think the kids should have moved. If you back down to bullies, then the bullies control you.

Victims aren't blamed for crimes against them, because they were not careful enough. Seriously, you are clueless about what is going on.

obviously u have not been responsible for large groups of kids.

rule number one is to physically get away from confrontation and not provoke or reconfront (which is what the adults should have made the kids do)

AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE I HAVE CHAPERONED LARGE GROUPS OF KIDS AND THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS WERE WITH THE NOT SO ADULT BEHAVIORS OF THE CHAPERONES

Old 01-25-2019, 09:03 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
obviously u have not been responsible for large groups of kids.

rule number one is to physically get away from confrontation and not provoke or reconfront (which is what the adults should have made the kids do)

AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE I HAVE CHAPERONED LARGE GROUPS OF KIDS AND THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS WERE WITH THE NOT SO ADULT BEHAVIORS OF THE CHAPERONES

If I was a parent I would have liked the kids to be moved. But as far as legal issues, it's not something that will matter in the lawsuits.

Keep in mind the lawsuits are on the media and celebrities that spread the lies. Not the Indian banging the drum or the black men yelling slurs.

Like I said before, that criminals can't get a pass because it was too easy to commit a crime. And this is very important to everyone, not just those involved. We are all safer if the burden is not put on the victim.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:13 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Not a chance any real court will agree the Administration and the other school Officials, Chaperons and Parents are to blame for putting these kids in a bad situation .Being 14/16 years old should have know enough to walk away.
Gotta love a victim blamer.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Are The Only Racists The NYT Isn't Sympathetic To White Racists?

Are The Only Racists The NYT Isn’t Sympathetic To White Racists?

"Some Americans still don’t know they’re being played. But others have begun to notice the obvious double standard in The New York Times and other cultural leaders’ treatment of racist remarks depending on the skin color or political affiliation of the people making them. It is having the effect racism always does: Destabilizing the social trust we badly need to maintain a free society that respects every single citizen’s inherent natural rights and God-given human dignity."

No surprise here.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:23 PM

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/co...m_campaign=LSN

Covington boys’ lawyer receives bomb threat after telling media to retract false reports

Ho,hum, add another one to sue on his list.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:27 PM

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...fbWyd_z_gdRUZ4

Covington bishop apologizes to Covington Catholic students

“We apologize to anyone who has been offended in any way by either of our statements which were made with good will based on the information we had,” said Bishop Foys in the letter, which was addressed to the parents of Covington Catholic students.

“We should not have allowed ourselves to be bullied and pressured into making a statement prematurely, and we take full responsibility for it.”

Finally!!!

Old 01-26-2019, 01:36 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
At one point several years ago, there was a Facebook group with more than 1000 people (on average about 55 and mostly seemed to be "self employed") dedicated to getting a girl only a year or two older than these boys kicked out of the university I was employed at due to handful of tweets she made for an audience of about 100 followers using an alias. Another student wrote an exposee for a right wing "news" site which revealed her full name, major, student job, and clubs she was associated with.

They found her boss at her student job and filled up her voicemail. In my role, I was on the phone with our public safety office reporting hundreds of death and rape threats aimed at a 19 year old girl. Given that she was black, there was a whole bunch of racism served up as well. Any of her fellow students who thought they could reason with the mob were doxxed as well. Facebook groups that were set to open and affiliated with the university were trolled and anyone who said anything positive about this girl was doxxed. Several of our students had their parents' workplaces called.

All because of a handful of not very nice - but also not violent, threatening, or hate speech - tweets.

Moral of the story, this isn't a left wing or right wing thing. This is a technology not catching up with the bowels of the world thing. There aren't human beings reviewing reports or looking at every tweet (500 million per day), Facebook posts (4.75 billion pieces of content a day), or Instagram post (95 million photos and unknown number of comments per day). Short of using a word on a "nope" list, spreading fake news or more nuanced hatred is not exactly social media's strong suit.

And I've got to say, there were definitely words on the "nope" list used in the situation I described, and though I reported absolutely everything to the appropriate channel while also capturing it for the police, many were returned back to me as "meeting TOS," sometimes with no way to appeal that the person who said they wanted to rape and murder a 19 year old girl was making a threat.
Perhaps forensic technology could merge with machine learning to trace such problems by using natural language processing. It could be a viable solution given the large depth and breadth of texts throughout the web, mobile apps, etc.

To me, the threats against the Covington kids are unacceptable. Those posting the threats would have to face the consequences at some point.

As for the Covington kids, I had the impression it was mostly a misunderstanding. The Native American elder himself did not want them expelled. He just suggested cultural sensitivity training.

I would like to point out that most Native Americans have been killed off. Over hundreds of years, threats were made against them to take their land, kill off the population, apply a bounty system on scalps, kill off the bison which provided their food, burn their crops, etc. Today, less than 1% of the US population identifies as Native American. But most of them are part white. The truly "4/4" full-blooded Native Americans represent less than 1/10 of that 1% and are decreasing in population due to intermarriage with whites. The languages are dying off, and today usually only the elders are fluent in the indigenous language. Typically, the grandchildren only speak English and are usually part white. We are near the sunset of our people. Someday, I hope our part white descendants remember us hundreds of years in the future when we are gone as most already are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4j8iWu-OI

Old 01-26-2019, 05:12 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
lol @ "native American elder". If he represents "your people" then all is already lost for you.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:31 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
As for the Covington kids, I had the impression it was mostly a misunderstanding. The Native American elder himself did not want them expelled. He just suggested cultural sensitivity training.
Phillips said he thought the Covington kids were angry with him, that he felt in danger, and they wanted to "rip me apart". Assuming he wasn't just lying and actually felt that way, then he completely misunderstood the situation. Those kids were no threat to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies