Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 01:50 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/...AWNnCR5rX0AFJI

"The Abyss of Hate Versus Hate"

Finally someone who can tell us what was actually said and not what people thought was said.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:41 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/...AWNnCR5rX0AFJI

"The Abyss of Hate Versus Hate"

Finally someone who can tell us what was actually said and not what people thought was said.

In his opinion piece he ignores the fact the the leaders of the School ,Church,Parents and Chaperones did nothing while the situation with the boys(YES BOYS) got out of hand

Old 02-01-2019, 03:44 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
In his opinion piece he ignores the fact the the leaders of the School ,Church,Parents and Chaperones did nothing while the situation with the boys(YES BOYS) got out of hand
So the article she posted is "opinion piece", the article you posted earlier is a fact?

You sound like a person who is in the habit of blaming the victims.

"What kind of parents allow their daughter to dress like that?"
"Which store sells teen girls this kind of short skirt?"
"I don't blame the girl for getting raped, but the parents are to blame."

rolleyes indeed.

The notion of “victim-blaming” was studied back in 1966, when two behavioral scientists at the University of Kentucky named Melvin Lerner and Carolyn H. Simmons published groundbreaking research on the need for humans to live in a “just world” by rationalizing that victims, even their own, were somehow deserving of their circumstances.

In short, When it comes to sex crimes, “clothing just doesn’t matter.”

when it comes to media pushing political agenda, how the child behaved just doesn't matter. Blame their parents, blame the Catholic school, blame Trump, blame the hat they wore, blame this blame that, just don't blame the Native American Recon ranger, just don't blame the media.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-01-2019 at 04:02 AM..

Old 02-01-2019, 03:50 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
So the article she posted is "opinion piece", the article you posted earlier is a fact?

You sound like a person who is in the habit of blaming the victims.

"What kind parents allow their daughter to dress like that?"
"Which store sells teen girls this kind of short skirt?"
"I don't blame the girl for getting raped, but the parents are to blame."

rolleyes indeed.

No ,if you try to read you will see as I have stated the the Catholic Church , Parents ,School administrators and Chaperones put the kids in a spot they never should have been in .However I can see how you would try to spin since your argument is nonexistent.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:58 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
No ,if you try to read you will see as I have stated the the Catholic Church , Parents ,School administrators and Chaperones put the kids in a spot they never should have been in .However I can see how you would try to spin since your argument is nonexistent.
It looks like you don't understand the point I made.

lol @ argument is nonexistent. You can say my argument is invalid, but nonexistent? Lol You are comedy gold.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:21 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's precious after you've told people how they should think, what they should wear, what facial expression they should have and where they should go....at the risk of being justifiably (according to you again) assaulted by yourself and others for breaking your rules.
again you are ignoring my post as an opinion while yours is telling me what and why my post is saying and does-----
project much-------

are not postings opinions but you call them assaults-- how bizzare!

Old 02-01-2019, 06:34 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The poster probably meant get over a smirk.

He made a valid point. It was not about a smirk, come on, you know what he said is true. It is about the MAGA hat and the assumptions/judgments associated with that hat.

In case it is really about a smirk for you, it is not worth it to hold on to such outrage over a teeanger you probably will never meet in the future. Plus, Unless a person has significant narcissistic features to his/her personalities, the person won't be bothered by a smirk, especially a smirk from a teenager.

Assuming the worst in others is not healthy or wise. Many people (adults included) "smirk" because they are nervous. They don't know how to act in an unknown situation. Most people know judging a child (or anyone) using 20/20 perfect hindsight is at the very least, unfair.
my post is not primarily about the smirk

it is about what the responsibility of adults who mentor or chaperone teens should be as teens look to adults for behavioral tutoring and need to be shown how to positively respond to negative or anxiety producing situations

as to smirking it does produce negative responses so it should be addressed whether it is done by an adult or a teen

the"outrage"seems to be forthcoming by those who feel behaviors are always innocent and should never be looked at for correction.I MO

the things that have been posted as to my reasons for my responses are so totally off the wall but explains clearly why instability is so prevalent in this country today

Old 02-01-2019, 06:49 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
my post is not primarily about the smirk

it is about what the responsibility of adults who mentor or chaperone teens should be as teens look to adults for behavioral tutoring and need to be shown how to positively respond to negative or anxiety producing situations

as to smirking it does produce negative responses so it should be addressed whether it is done by an adult or a teen

the"outrage"seems to be forthcoming by those who feel behaviors are always innocent and should never be looked at for correction.I MO

the things that have been posted as to my reasons for my responses are so totally off the wall but explains clearly why instability is so prevalent in this country today
So you're okay with adults assaulting these teens, making vile and racist comments against them, beating drums in their faces and making numerous death threats against these children and their families but what riles you up is a child smiling at an adult who is trying to intimidate and harass them.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:50 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Of course, the underlying racial tensions being irritated are for the instigation of a conflagration to 'thin the herd.'
The Elite who own the media, are adding all the fuel they can, in hopes that the sheeple will kill off 94%.
That's their stated goal, pursuant to the Georgia Guidestones.

It would be ironic for the agitated parties to make peace and take out the Elites instead.
Did I just write that?
OOPS. Mea culpa.
That would be unChristian.
Of course, the Elite diminished Christianity to the point that there are too few Christians to stop the unChristians.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:01 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
what exactly did they do that was "out of hand"? The chaperone allowed them to do those "cheers'...…….at the time probably a good idea to try and drown out the hate from the Black racists...…..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies