Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 09:08 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times

Advertisements

The reality of this is in complete polar opposite of how it was initially portrayed. I can guarantee that Nathan Phillips did not think in a million years any White Eye would actually recognize his chant. As things are seen today it is a message of conflict and hate. He was singing for the White man to be removed from life never to return. He was singing the AIM ( American Indian Movement) chant. As I said earlier this is the now infamous Ghost Dance with a few embellishments.

This is a ritual I am very familiar with as I have lived most of my life butted up to Wovoka's birthplace and home. Wovoka lies in an obscure place his grave untended and unvisited even by his own tribe. The Walker River Paiutes. Oh they "honor" him every year with a "cultural festival" put on in the town of Yerington off the reservation. To which the hated White man is invited to come and spend money at Indian vendor booths.

Wovoka was basically a 19th century Jim Jones specific to the American Indian tribes. Nathan Phillips is no hero for social justice. He clings to a bloody and horrible long past time and preaches retaliation in kind with divine support. Nathan, lets be real and in the 21st century, please.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:09 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Mr. Phillips is revealed is a liar several times in the unedited videos that have come out. The left has been unable to produce even ONE video where the kids are saying "Build the wall". A media does exist, that I have posted, where Phillip's partner is making racist comments to the children, telling them "go back to Europe".
Reminds of when Congressman Cleaver claimed that Tea Party protesters screamed racial slurs at him, and spit at him.

Which all proved to be lies.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:09 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont get it, Ive watched the longer video, I still think the kids were definitely in the wrong, not to mention the one kid that stood toe to toe with the NA, he, and his parents, and Im assuming, an attorney, put out this long public statement, 'explaining' what had happened!

Are you kidding?

Native American "Harassed" By MAGA Kids Exposed As Outrage-Culture Grifter

Old 01-22-2019, 09:10 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The reality of this is in complete polar opposite of how it was initially portrayed. I can guarantee that Nathan Phillips did not think in a million years any White Eye would actually recognize his chant. As things are seen today it is a message of conflict and hate. He was singing for the White man to be removed from life never to return. He was singing the AIM ( American Indian Movement) chant. As I said earlier this is the now infamous Ghost Dance with a few embellishments.

This is a ritual I am very familiar with as I have lived most of my life butted up to Wovoka's birthplace and home. Wovoka lies in an obscure place his grave untended and unvisited even by his own tribe. The Walker River Paiutes. Oh they "honor" him every year with a "cultural festival" put on in the town of Yerington off the reservation. To which the hated White man is invited to come and spend money at Indian vendor booths.

Wovoka was basically a 19th century Jim Jones specific to the American Indian tribes. Nathan Phillips is no hero for social justice. He clings to a bloody and horrible long past time and preaches retaliation in kind with divine support. Nathan, lets be real and in the 21st century, please.
Very interesting! Thanks for posting this.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:10 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Sigh. What part of the drummer guy approached the kids is unclear. There is video.

Honestly people.

The right wingers here want to hate the NA drummer guy because he is a left wing activist. He approaches very slowly and is not much of a threat.

The left wingers want to believe the kids are Klansmen in training.

What this mostly looks like is the media feeding a frenzy for clicks.
I don't think anybody has said anything untruthful about Nathan Phillips here. He approached the kids, not the other way around. The video of this is quite clear. He began drumming the drum in the child's face - the child did not approach Phillips and stick his face near his drum.

Where Phillips went wrong IMO was incorrectly identifying the kids as the aggressors rather than the Black Israelites, and then giving himself a little media tour and embellishing the truth of what actually occurred. Oh yea - and falsely identifying himself as a two-time Vietnam Vet, which has now been debunked. He had his own motives for getting involved in this and it isn't even the first time he has inserted himself into a provocation with young men. He appears to be an attention-seeking individual who creates the drama that he accuses others of bestowing upon him.

There is video of this event. It overrides the ideas and suggestions of everybody discussing this.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:11 AM

19,615 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yep.
People need to remember why they were in D.C. to begin with.
Their HS thought that these boys needed a field trip to show solidarity for the movement that advocates for denying women the right to choose what to do with their own bodies.
Consider how that might translate to the interactions they have with young women, particularly given their blatant support for the president.

They will align with women who share their beliefs.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:13 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
It’s so unbelievable a red hat makes the left go insane.

Just think about it....a hat! People have mental issues.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:16 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,748,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I hope you understand that no one should treat your post seriously, since:

1. You provide no link referencing the story.
2. Your use of "Hebrew Israelites" exposes your own bias.
3. You ignore that the teenagers were the aggressors.
4. You wrongly consider "cracker" to be an obscenity.
this is also applied to your post.

7,473 posts, read 4,013,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
How completely unpredictable.

Corruption and factionism is truly rampant among the rich and the Catholics.
Polish lawmakers didn't invite falsely accused African Americans, they didn't invite falsely accused Jews, they didn't invite Obama when he was falsely accused of not being American.
some recommended reading...……….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...Jews_in_Poland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkhECF-ADSE

4,067 posts, read 2,272,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There you go again. Trying to accuse these teenagers of being ruthless killers. When, all the evidence, says exactly the opposite.
You would think after several times of pointing this out to her it would sink in by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies