Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 09:50 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No, most of us have not been in a fistfight.
Most males have

Old 01-22-2019, 09:50 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
It’s comedy albeit on the dark side. I can’t imagine anyone taking this seriously.
Not the first time someone here made a thread about it. Someone fell for it last night, too.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:51 AM

24,458 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I wonder if a friend of the kid could punch him to cash in on this "offer"?

I'm a bit confused by the womans movement that is trumpeted by the Left.
I think it is rather demoralizing to this woman to offer such a "service" to just anyone for doing what she tells them to. She is offering her body sexually in return for someone committing an act of violence against an underage kid.

OR is her offer of a sex act seen by the Left as some sort of female empowerment since it was her idea?

I can't keep up with these "progressive feminists"...

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/co...c-black-paint/

"Users have accused the students on video of being racist, but many believe they’re simply taking part in a “blackout” event where fans wear one sole color. Almost all of the students in the video are wearing black clothing of some kind, some from head to toe".

"At one point during the video, a graphic flashes across the screen saying “Blackout 2011” — which users have pointed to as proof of the students’ innocent intentions. There are multiple clips of the “Covington Crazies” donning black, and sometimes blue, face and body paint during various sporting events".
Yea....no. That doesn’t excuse blackface. Try again.

That being said, parties from “both side” are responsible for the events as they transpired at this rally.

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Wouldn't that apply equally to both sides?

The fact is, no one involved in this mess engaged in actual physical violence. Bad behavior? Yes. Rudeness? Yes. Ugly words? Yes. Physical violence? No.

I agree that the initial reports about this story were very skewed. The fact is, it shouldn't have been a story at all, or at least not such a big one. It is now, of course, because of the way people have reacted to it.

As for the MAGA hats, had I been in charge of that trip, I probably would have discouraged them, not because they are "violent," but because the purpose of the trip was supposed to be March for Life, not the endorsement of any political figure.
The outrage is because it WAS reported. It was intended to make some SCHOOL kids look racist and "Deplorable". The outrage is because there were Media people who decided to use these kids and twist the facts to fit their anti-trump agenda. They were used just as shamefully as if they were being molested...….

Old 01-22-2019, 09:52 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The school itself did not shut down over this, some local schools are closed due to extreme cold weather, but its definitely not related to this incident, the school did shut down their social media accounts, Is that what you meant?

The NA was NOT being aggressive, in the longer video, anyone can see he was trying to step in to diffuse a tense situation that was growing, the drumming and chanting were prayers.

Im so sick of hearing that kid just stood there smiling, he had pure hatred and condescension on his face, thankfully many people recognized this for what it was, and were not duped by his legal statement. lol
so you won't mind if i march up out of nowhere and pound a drum inches from your face for a few minutes?
of course you won't

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It’s all part of a pattern of disrespectful behavior.
This is reported to have occurred right before the confrontation.
It says to me that the kids were already worked up and we all know what adrenaline does, particularly in young people.

Back in the day, a pack of youths spewing obscenities at women might have been considered “wilding.”
Now, it’s apparently just a normal weekend
it certainly is for the 'black israelites'.

but you don't care about that at all..

Last edited by uggabugga; 01-22-2019 at 10:03 AM..

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
It’s comedy albeit on the dark side. I can’t imagine anyone taking this seriously.
Nobody takes the TDS-infected seriously.

Correct, sir.

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Assaulting their adversaries is funny in their view.

What a bunch of lawless, anti-social, political agenda driven thugs.

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Not really. To suggest otherwise is pure naivety or deliberate revisionist historianism.

You have to understand that this hat carries with it an immense amount of baggage. Every hateful comment screamed by Trump at his stupid rallies are tied up in that hat. And really think about what it is saying. America never stopped bring great. What is it really trying to say?

I'm not saying anyone deserves violence against them for the hat, but you shouldn't be surprised you don't get the red carpet rolled out for you when you show up with that hat on. And if you don't understand why, you've truly been asleep at the wheel since 2015.

Bernie bumper stickers or a beto sign doesn't even come close. What a ridiculous comparison.
It's a ridiculous comparison to you because you do not give Trump the same respect for his position that you would Bernie or Beto. That you find him hateful and stupid creates a prejudice that makes you believe that a hat supporting him is worse than a hat or other item supporting somebody else.

Your bias has created something more to a red MAGA hat. I don't expect you to admit it and that's really quite alright. I did not vote for him and I would not wear one, but in light of today's problems, people getting frothed up with rage over the sight of a child wearing one is simply too petty and unbecoming of an adult for me to take seriously.

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
The only person responsible for turning those hats into a caustic symbol is Trump himself.

You're incredibly ignorant if you don't understand how this hat is viewed in the world. It is a symbol, and every hateful comment Trump has ever screamed is wrapped up in it. Sorry, that's just reality.
So do you advocate physically assaulting children that wear hats you don't like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies