Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 09:23 AM

57,333 posts, read 26,255,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It’s so unbelievable a red hat makes the left go insane.

Just think about it....a hat! People have mental issues.
There is a good deal of irony with catholic high school students that supposedly have high moral standards wearing a Trump hat, particularly at a pro-life rally.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:23 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,276,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
The left is so gullible and full of hate.
Yep! They don’t even know what they are commenting on at this point.

I give major kudos to those who admitted jumping to conclusions and seeing the truth. That seems to be pretty rare in this forum.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:24 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
trump again:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...0%2Fframe.html

Old 01-22-2019, 09:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,514,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is a good deal of irony with catholic high school students that supposedly have high moral standards wearing a Trump hat, particularly at a pro-life rally.
Are you suggesting that they can't have high moral standards on account of being pro-life conservatives?

Really?

Old 01-22-2019, 09:27 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,758,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I'm a Vietnam vet and if that idiot would have got in my face/space with that drum he would have gotten more than a smile.
I think "more than a smile" was exactly the kind of reaction the guy was looking for. Can you imagine if the kid had shoved the old man out of the way? We see what the uproar was for him just standing his ground. Had he shoved the guy out of the way or even made incidental contact with the guy there'd probably be lefties burning his school down by now. Heck if he had even verbally confronted the guy things probably would have exploded. Not only should that kid not be condemned, he should be commended. He kept things from escalating by being the "adult in the room".

Old 01-22-2019, 09:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,620,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
how can you say no one got hurt??? Those kids have had Death threats. Their school had to close down because of it! The attention it has gotten in my opinion is that people are fed up with the media and quick trigger SJW's ruining peoples lives. How would you feel if you were standing at the Lincoln memorial and someone got in your face and all you did was stand there and smile and you wound up getting death threats??
The school itself did not shut down over this, some local schools are closed due to extreme cold weather, but its definitely not related to this incident, the school did shut down their social media accounts, Is that what you meant?

The NA was NOT being aggressive, in the longer video, anyone can see he was trying to step in to diffuse a tense situation that was growing, the drumming and chanting were prayers.

Im so sick of hearing that kid just stood there smiling, he had pure hatred and condescension on his face, thankfully many people recognized this for what it was, and were not duped by his legal statement. lol

Old 01-22-2019, 09:28 AM

27,664 posts, read 16,156,388 times
Guilty of wearing red hats and white skin.Period
Lets pretend for a minute that the kids mocked drummer....Ok, still not death threat/top story outrage news.
Now lets go back to kids being verbally abused by adults with homophobic/ racist slurs..... and an old activist walks up to one and bangs his drum inches from ones face.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,719,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Why is it so important for you to deliver non-related incidents into this discussion? It's almost as though you feel these kids are deserving of abuse for things other people did to other people. I don't expect you to realize how utterly retarded a line of thinking this is, but it is. The biggest clue as to what lies in your heart is that you have zero criticism for the adult attendees but wish instead to double down on your efforts to paint these kids with a ugly brush.
It’s all part of a pattern of disrespectful behavior.
This is reported to have occurred right before the confrontation.
It says to me that the kids were already worked up and we all know what adrenaline does, particularly in young people.

Back in the day, a pack of youths spewing obscenities at women might have been considered “wilding.”
Now, it’s apparently just a normal weekend.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:31 AM

19,849 posts, read 12,119,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The school itself did not shut down over this, some local schools are closed due to extreme cold weather, but its definitely not related to this incident, the school did shut down their social media accounts, Is that what you meant?

The NA was NOT being aggressive, in the longer video, anyone can see he was trying to step in to diffuse a tense situation that was growing, the drumming and chanting were prayers.

Im so sick of hearing that kid just stood there smiling, he had pure hatred and condescension on his face, thankfully many people recognized this for what it was, and were not duped by his legal statement. lol

False. The school indeed DID shut down today due to security reasons.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2642568002/

Police cruisers blocked the entrances today and additional police cars circled the building. There of been multiple death threats against the students.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:31 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,021,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
i read the entire account on CNN - which broke down a much longer video scene by scene.

What set the whole thing off was some of the kids in the group from Covington - who were happenstance bystanders in the area, waiting for their buses. Their mistake - some of them wore MAGA hats.

From what I read on CNN - the kids are blameless.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/us/vi...-up/index.html

The group of demonstrators "Hebrew Israelites" initiated the entire encounter - the name calling, shouting gross and baseless profanity - and the in-your-face staredown,

For the record, I despise Trump whom I consider to be a blight on the country.

But the kids are not to blame, here. They were attacked because of their MAGA hats. They said and did nothing to warrant the provocation.
Yet...……..no apology from the networks...…...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies